Waking the Dragons Gameplay
During the Waking the Dragons arc, the rules had not changed much from Battle City. Tribute Summons are now common place. The newest mechanic introduced is the "The Seal of Orichalcos", which has the power to take a person's Soul if they lose a Duel. This card is played primarily by Dartz, Rafael, Alister, Valon, and Mai Valentine. These people have played "The Seal of Orichalcos" multiple times and won. Other people who played this card, either under the influence of Dartz or their own personal ambition, were Gurimo, Rex Raptor, Weevil Underwood, Yugi Muto, and Yami Yugi. When played in an onscreen duel, these individuals lost. Other known rules that existed in this season are as follows:
- Replays are not always used (Example: when a monster is summoned when a monster declares a direct attack, the summoned monster intercepts the attack.).
- Missing the timing doesn't exist.
- Token Monsters can be sent to a player's Graveyard and can be Special Summoned from a player's Graveyard.
- A player can activate a card that requires the player to discard cards even if they had nothing to discard.
- Fusion Monsters can once again attack on the same turn they were Fusion Summoned, thus the spell card "Quick Attack" was rendered useless.