- The game features 4523 cards, including cards up to the OCG Starstrike Blast, Duel Terminal - Raid of the Inverz!!, Structure Deck: Dragunity Drive, and Extra Pack Volume 3.
- Wi-Fi allows players to play against people from around the world.
- Wi-Fi allows players to download the current Forbidden/Banned List.
- Gamers are thrown into the Duel of Legend Cup and pitted against 20 characters from the series; some exclusive to the game.
- The game uses a hexagonal map.
- The game uses quite a few names from Norse Mythology.
- Konami Pack features cards based on other Konami games, such as Gradius and Ganbare Goemon (similar to the Midday/High Noon Constellation pack from the Tag Force series).
Starter Deck Contents
Within the game, the player can choose to play as a male or female character, thus determining their starter Deck:
- Axe Raider
- Gemini Elf
- Giant Soldier of Stone
- Insect Knight
- Warrior Dai Grepher
- Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress#1 x3
- Barrel Dragon
- Behemoth the King of All Animals
- Card Blocker
- Command Knight
- D.D. Warrior
- Exploder Dragon
- Karate Man
- Magna-Slash Dragon
- Marauding Captain
- Obnoxious Celtic Guard
- Sasuke Samurai
- Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight
- The Fiend Megacyber
- Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch
- Vengeful Shinobi
- Warrior Lady of the Wasteland
- Beautiful Headhuntress
- Blazing Inpachi
- Gemini Elf
- Charcoal Inpachi
- Luster Dragon
- Sonic Duck
- Red Archery Girl x3
- "Future Visions" removes from play Synchro Summons if you haven't Normal Summoned that turn, which does not happen in the game normally.
- "The Lady in Wight" also protects your opponent's level 3 or lower monster cards.
On the island, the player battles the Duelist Corps, whose identity and motive are revealed as the game goes on.
After you clear the Story Mode, you can re-load your last save to access a new building called Niflheimr. This bonus dungeon is full of just Transcenders. You can find the hardest duelists in the game here, as most high-level Transcenders in Niflheimr use horrific decks that are banned in real life (a throwback to Shadow World from WCT2005). They have up to 3 copies of Forbidden, Limited and Semi-Limited Cards, including multiple copies of game-breaking banned cards such as Harpie's Feather Duster and Crush Card Virus. Clearing this alternative Story Mode, new characters can be unlocked at the Free Duel Mode, such as Sherry LeBlanc, Bruno, Lester, Primo and Jakob.
The game includes characters from the anime and characters exclusive to the game.
Anime original characters include: Yusei Fudo, Jack Atlas, Crow Hogan, Akiza Izinski, Luna, Leo, Carly Carmine, Kalin Kessler, Devack, Roman Goodwin, Misty Tredwell, Lazar, Hunter Pace, Greiger,Mr. Armstrong, Randsborg, Bolt Tanner, Tenzen Yanagi, Blister, Rally Dawson, Rex Goodwin, Nervin, Tank, Sherry LeBlanc, Bruno, Rathie, Lester, Primo, Jakob, Andore, Breo, Jean, Elsworth, Lawton
Sherry LeBlanc: Clear Niflheimr floor 2
Bruno Borreli: Clear Niflheimr floor 4
Lester: Clear Niflheimr floor 6
Lawton: Clear Niflheimr floor 8
Elsworth: Clear Niflheimr floor 10
Andore: Clear Niflheimr floor 12
Breo: Clear Niflheimr floor 14
Jean: Clear Niflheimr floor 16
Primo: Clear Niflheimr floor 18
Jakob: Clear Niflheimr floor 20
- Konami.com Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Duel Transer, Duel Scanner Compatible Card List