Vivian Wong is the Asian Duel Monsters champion. In the English dub, it was stated that before that, she was a successful model, actress, and Kung Fu champion. She participates in Kaiba's KC Grand Championship.
Vivian wears a signature Chinese yellow dress and bracelets in her waist. Red high heels adorned her bare feet and her hair is put in two buns.
She is very whiny, hoping to get what she wants by obscure means. She is an avid fan of both Yugi and Kaiba to the point of obsession, especially Yugi, whom she hopes to turn into her "love slave", much to Tea's ire. She used her beautiful tactics and attacks to completely defeat her opponents.
During the Asian Duel Monsters tournament, she defeated the supreme Clan of Nine Dragons and later gained "The Duel Queen of Asia" title.
To that point, she had a fierce rivalry with Rebecca Hawkins for Yugi's affections and had even gone so far as to blackmail Yugi into dueling her outside the contest, threatening to leave Yugi's grandpa with an injured back if he didn't accept. If she won, then Yugi would have to go on a date with her (become her "love slave" in the Japanese version); however, she lost all her duels.
In the Japanese epilogue (Not shown in the English version), Vivian is seen with Mai Kujaku dueling against the Meikyū Brothers on the Great Wall of China. Since Mai was not participating in the Grand Championship, only briefly seen near the end, Vivian seemed to fill in her role as the "femme fatale" of that arc.
Vivian uses an Asian-themed Martial Arts Deck, focused around her ace, "Dragon Lady", supporting it through an array of Magic Cards. She generally uses beatdown and burn tactics through strong monsters like "Kung Fu Nyan Nyan" and cards such as "Mystic Eruption".
|Clan of the Nine Dragons Duelists||189||Win (x9, flashback)|
|Yugi Muto/Yami Yugi||193||Lose|
|Para and Dox||224||Not shown (w/ Mai Valentine)|
- Ironically enough, despite her reputation as a professional duelist, she lost all of her onscreen duels in the anime.
- Vivian's personality and appearance is similar to that of Meiling Li from the anime Cardcaptor Sakura. Her Deck also reflects Meiling's passion for fighting.
- Vivian also resembles the female fighter Chun-Li from the Street Fighter franchise, similarly to Street Fighter, who resembles the SF character Fei Long and was playing a game similar to it. Said character was named Dragon (character) in the Toei anime and Feng Long in the DDM game.
- In Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V second episode, there is a girl in the crowd that resembles Vivian.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 This card is sent from her Deck to the Graveyard via the effect of "Flying Dragon Whirl" during episode 193.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 This card was seen in her hand during episode 189.