Death to you
- Well, I only went with the rulings I found. And that's an evidence I could using, like all other Judges (Falzar included, since he's not a Judge) reminded me many times in the past - be a detective and prove it. But I don't understand why Crystal Beasts are different from those I picked, as they also never entering the Graveyard when they were destroying while face-up on the field? --iFredCat 03:19, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
Pleasure to meet you
I´m glad that you liked it, I just wanted to complete the summary as good as I could. Too bad there some people who don´t think the same since they decided to erase most part of it, well guess that there´s nothing to do with it.
I´ll be working on more episode summaries which need to be complete or just adding more information. If you can I will like you to read my chaanges and see if there any mistakes on them of content or grammar. Also if you know where I can find more images to add them that wiil be great
Me and FredCat are having a bit of a...discussion about Danipon's lore. Would you mind taking a look at Fred's talk page and help settle this? ChaosGallade (talk • contribs) 00:24, April 10, 2013 (UTC)
- No worry - I stopped after his "second edit" on that article. It's just an image that make the sentence little difficult to reading. That's all. --iFredCat 00:26, April 10, 2013 (UTC)
Well, that's news to my ears. I didn't know he got banned, reversed his addition to the retired section. However seeing his past history of edits when he was User:Boris12, I'm not shocked, like not at all. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 02:29, April 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Also, congrats on becoming an admin. You're a good user for that role. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 02:30, April 10, 2013 (UTC)
Wicked God trivia
Rulings Query Issue
I just posted a topic in the Rulings Query forum, but it's not showing up. Since you answered my last query, I was wondering if you might be able to help me with this one.
I'm trying to remember the name of a card- either a spell or a trap. The effect is almost exactly the same as that of Altar for Tribute, except that instead of gaining Life Points yourself, you deal them as damage to your opponent's score. Is there such a card? Or am I just making some imaginary mashup between Misfortune and Altar for Tribute? ^^" Maybe it isn't a spell or trap but the effect of a certain monster, that destroys itself and then deals its Attack Points as damage? Help! D:
Feel free to posting your advises and thoughts on my article, I am full willing to listening to any of your advice if you have one. (Like before with your conscious of the Rulings) --iFredCat 22:48, April 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you very much and I would like to have an advice there too if you like to ^_^ --iFredCat 22:53, April 11, 2013 (UTC)
Number 65: Judge Buster
Its kanji isn't any different. This is what I was talking about when I said that the Organization would have unfair control over this Wikia. You can clearly see both the kanji and the furigana in the magazine scan. They clearly show
- Okay, I suppose the "ma" isn't clear as day. We'll wait and see, like you
dictatedsuggested.--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 01:15, April 12, 2013 (UTC)
Latest Deck Contest
Also, I would like to ask for 2 volunteers to help me run the WDC, and perhaps make it more weekly. I need active users to help me, and people with good attitudes.
About the Trap Hole/Fascinating mix-up.
The Trap Hole (archetype) page listed Chaos Trap Hole as the odd card out. That's what my "fixes" were based on. Guess I was working off bad info.
RE: Virus Card
Re: Arabic names
I apologize. I had assumed that official meant that the card has an official card name, or if cards aren't produced in that language, then the dub name could be seen as the official (or at least as official as anything). But since this seems to not be so, I will stop removing the unofficial marker.
About the Master Guide storylines
Hello UltimateKuriboh. I've been wondering if the translations I mentioned in my talk page are already considered ok to be added here. Also, is there any place where I can find "legit" translations? I usually go to NeoArkCradle, but since this time it seems Ark won't do the translations, I went to Pojo. GMTails (talk • contribs) 02:24, April 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I see. Thanks for the info, I'll do that and wait until they are released (: GMTails (talk • contribs) 02:51, April 13, 2013 (UTC)
Regarding Deathscythe, you mean the discarding part? About it being or not optional? If so, it was made clear in the Japanese version that it was not optional, that Raphael was obligated by Deathscythe to throw his hand away. Raphael even dramatized it saying that "But that decision doesn't belong to me; Deathscythe revives by its very will" (when he was explaining to Yugi why it revived after Yugi played Underworld Heaven Cycle, in episode 176). I don't have the English version, but you know we can't rely on it. Japanese version is what counts, if the English version is different, then we note it as an error or in "differences in adaptations". ;) LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 21:00, April 13, 2013 (UTC)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters II: Dark Duel Stories
Are you sure about the "(except during the Damage Step)" part of Mecha Phantom Beast Conco-Ruda's effect? It also says "If this card on the field is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect)" and if it was destroyed by battle, it would have to activate during the Damage Step.--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 23:51, April 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Ah, right. I didn't notice the revert. I reckon it will be able to, as well.--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 23:57, April 20, 2013 (UTC)
Is that right, that Magic Card is activate and allow it owner to summon four monsters at same time?
- I see, thank you! So that could also approve with "Return from the Different Dimension", no? --iFredCat 23:12, April 21, 2013 (UTC)
btw im user Aeron Solo im just too lazy to log in. Is there a page that specifically lists what trivia is ok or not? I think it would be a good idea to mention because of the recent edit war on number 44s trivia page. Specifically, could you make a ruling on the specific piece of trivia being contested? The guy doing it says you're the one who undid a similar edit in the past. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:34, April 21, 2013 (UTC)
JOFL English Name?
Oh... Well thats a bummer... But wait... what's this picture all about? Good job on the translating, though! The names Sound much better than before. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Judgment_of_the_Light#Lists Hoping to see a Holy Lightning translation, too! — Gamefreak776 (talk) 22:33, April 23, 2013 (UTC)
Number 19 - Problem - Again!
RE:Can you verify this?
You mean if "Number 22: Franken" is a valid alternate name? If so, I dunno, I've never seen it anywhere, it's probably just our translated-from-Japanese-name adapted to English. LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 00:29, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
A User is messing up
A random user making pages called "DICK" out of nowhere and screwing up the whole Set Card Lists:Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants (TCG-EN).--Shadowdarkone1 (talk • contribs) 05:17, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
Please don't repeat that.
RE: Harpie's Pet Mirage Dragon
In that case, should a note that mentions the difference between the effects be added somewhere or something (if it was just one or two times I'd have listed it as a mistake in the respective episodes)? So far I'd say the best place to put a note would be the very first episode, or as a hidden note on the Junk Warriors page. Card Appearance would work too. Shardsilver (talk • contribs) 01:33, May 2, 2013 (UTC)
Dark Storm Question.
Number C96: Dark Storm--I'm 100% sure it is a rank 3. If you look at the trailer for episode 102, Dark Mist (the character) uses Barian's Force on his monster form. It glows red, like all Barian Chaos Zys do, and descends towards the sky. According to the anime effect of Barian's Force on the wiki, it says, "Target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Chaos" monster with the same Type as that monster you control but 1 Rank higher, by using it as the Xyz Material."
Weekly Deck Contest 40
Gagaga Academy Tospedia card storylines
Hmm, just a question. In Tospedia 5, should "Kami" be translated as "god"? That's what it means in japanese. However, I didn't want to edit the page without asking. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 02:16, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
RE: Dark Ruler Ha Des
Can you please restore all of the pages that I redirect form SD9 -> SD09. I'm writing an application to get some data from this website, and unfortunately the form of all the card numbers is provided as SD9-EN0XX. It was simpler for me to just add a bunch of redirects than to go and change all of the data in the database.
Well the other redirects are formatted fine. It's just SD09 (for example: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/SD8-EN001 works fine). For the sake of consistency, I think it would make sense to change SD09 to SD9. Hothamwater (talk • contribs) 16:58, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
Back in Action
Is it really that important in what order the names are displayed? Looks to me like the final version automatically puts english first, Japanese last and all other in alphabetical order, or am I incorrect? --Hawk00Refferencer 20:43, May 7, 2013 (UTC)
Weekly Deck Contest 41
Hey, I'm having some issues moving pages. When I tried to rename CXyz: Furious Flower Battleship Taoyame into CXyz: Battleship Cherry Blossom, it wouldn't let me. I was still able to move the card gallery for that card, though. Edit: nevermind; the problem got resolved already. ChaosGallade (talk • contribs) 02:12, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
Are "Babylon 5 Space System" in CXyz Skypalace Babylon and Star Trek in Number 85: Crazy Box the outside reference, or are they alright to be included in the Trivia articles? If not, then this user need to learn how to shut up and move on - I continued advised him to stop add in, but he didn't listen and continued to do so. --iFredCat 14:30, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for slow down the edit warring, I knew that what I did could might be wrong but all I had to do was to trusting the one who believed them to be in it. Gallis - as he mentioned in that article's history - disagreed to that IP-Addressed User's thought at one point. --iFredCat 22:04, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Look like it's time for your turn to step in the discussion - that IP-Addressed User seemed too obnoxious to admit his defeat or anything. It's on Number 74 and 85 if you're looking for the argument. He just refused to let the "Delete" Flag leaving his sight until an Admin (such as you) come in and declare an endition (yes, I own that word) of the discussion. --iFredCat 22:35, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Just go and destroy this article, as my instinct's still wildly as untamed beast in the forest. --iFredCat 00:08, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
- If possible, I would like to hear those decisions head-first. What say you, admin?--Hawk00Refferencer (talk • contribs) 22:39, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Silly silly me, I knew I was gonna misunderstand your question. xD I had 2 tests today morning, plus work at afternoon, and a research to finish now by night, my brain and body're not working properly. xD Isn't that a tumblr, rather than a Twitter? Sorry, I still didn't get what you wanna know. xD The source of the tumblr'd be what exactly? :P (and by now, Kuriboh begins to regret having asked me) LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 23:14, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Ohhh, there's what you was referring to. Haha, sorry again for being so slow. xD As far as I can tell, nothing was said nor shown regarding those cards - I actually think they're just rectangles to tell the truth, not cards (something to provide energy for the machine by its look). The Dian Keto thing was totally a joke, besides the fact that nothing can be seen in the rectangles (if the card is "un-seen-able" like that, they usually at least draw the artwork square, like this), it'd make no sense for him to "have healing cards on his pod to heal himself". xD All just usual tumblr lolz. I hope I could answer you properly this time, xD and if you want I can still ask around in NAC 'bout that, since I'm just 80% sure of that. LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 00:48, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
Not fan image
- Sure it is, a Ritual spell that doesn't Ritual summon anything, Special summons cards that cannot be Special summoned without saying "ignorring the summoning conditions", has no downsides and includes "god" in it's english name, seems legit.
- BTW, this chat sucks for sarcasm. If you're gonna publish fanmade cards, at least make the effort of cardmaking the right way. Check this site for more info: http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Laws_of_Cardmaking
Number 85: Crazy Box
I am struggling to recall this word, which would be "air/breathe" version of dehydration. I am sure you would immediately know that word I was looking for. Thank you. --iFredCat 03:02, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Gracias, that was what I thought, but my brain didn't work right and kept going on "Dehy-" part, which leaded to this situation. So enjoy your time. :-) --iFredCat 03:55, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
Lets duel on DN.
- Me too, I can't edit the pages, how and why? I hate it when encountered. I am happy to be able to edit this wiki, but for now, I'm stuck on this problem... Izy 13DC (talk • contribs) 17:06, May 20, 2013 (UTC)
- I got this when I tried to revert Cheese's edit on Heraldic Beast Article, which it believed that I undid the Admins' edit for vandalism reason. --iFredCat 17:17, May 20, 2013 (UTC)
- If this is about that Cat in the Hat thing, I'm deeply very, very sorry, it seemed funny at the time.--Hawk00Refferencer (talk • contribs) 18:36, May 20, 2013 (UTC)
The reasons for the numbers sound utterly ridiculous, but that arcadias guy reverts any edits made to them. Would you be in favour of deleting this trivia about the reason for the number? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 16:59, May 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, so by your oppinion, what exactly DOES the number 54 stand for?--Hawk00Refferencer (talk • contribs) 19:57, May 25, 2013 (UTC)
Re:Tag Force image renaming
Number 8 text
The text on Genome Heriter (first line, it's a bit blurry) is much longer than it is on Big Eye, a card which, if Heriter had similar conditions, should have a similar length of conditions text.
There's the full screenshot for reference. Also the pictures are showing up normal sized in the preview and idk how to fix that sorry --Blue-Eyes Starlight Dragon (talk • contribs) 04:13, May 27, 2013 (UTC)
Yeah, I have a question: I keep on scrolling the property "Croatian Name" to make sure no name is being vandalized, but for some reason I can't get further than O in names. It's like, when I reach the O after I dunno how long scrolling, the "next 25" button simply... disappears. Why is that so?--Hawk00Refferencer (talk • contribs) 17:58, May 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Use this page for now. Might be a glitch with the in-article listing.--TwoTailedFox (My Talk Page) 23:23, May 27, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, regarding Protect Dragon resembling Salamance: So by your logic, if one wants to add a trivia about what the monster resembles, it must somehow relate to all other monsters used by the duelist (Jinlong in this case)? How does that make any sense. You know, I've viewed tons of trivia on monsters that go like "resembles (insert something unrelated to yugioh)", all of which are plausible and left unchanged to this point. So what gives? What's wrong with giving a mere observation on what Protect Dragon looks like?184.108.40.206 (talk) 10:13, May 30, 2013 (UTC)
At least someone else has some damn sense in this edit war on the Ghostrick page of acceptable cards. We got negative feedback, when we were just being helpful and realistic. Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 01:02, June 2, 2013 (UTC)
Emerald! Emerald! Who's the most correctly judge?
I am having a confusedly understand on a ruling base on the effect of "Daigusto Emeral"; as I have 2 monsters in my Graveyard and I have "Daigusto Emeral" on the field with at least 1 or more Xyz Material(s) attaching to him. I detached one Xyz Material from him and activated his effect that target 3 monsters in the Graveyard and shuffled them; however, the ruling article said that if I have two monsters or less in the Graveyard when the effect activated, it fizzled and resolved without an effect... is that correct? --iFredCat 22:36, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
- So that mean he would failing to shuffling them back even if there are already 3 monsters in the Graveyard after the detach part? Interesting - one Admin in DN disagreed and said that it's possible to shuffle them even if it's only 2 monsters in the Graveyard. I didn't get the screenshot but I am sure you would believe me anyways. --iFredCat 01:57, June 5, 2013 (UTC)
- That was an exact situation of what happened at DN when I was there - Admin commented that this rule was wrong and what duelist did was right. That duelist only had 2 Monsters in the Graveyard and he detached third from Emeral, which filled the requirement (though still incomplete). I told the Admin that it was right and he's wrong, however he told me that it worked this way before he log out. Immature Admin, eh? --iFredCat 02:59, June 5, 2013 (UTC)
FredCat100 and I have come into conflict over an example given on List of female cards. He suggested that I contact an admin about it, and I figured it would be a good idea to get a third-party intervention. I believe the disagreement is simply a result of miscommunication, so I'll link you to the relevant points of discussion to see what you think:
- Page history
- User talk:SnorlaxMonster#Female Characteristic
- User talk:FredCat100#List of female cards
It's consensus that we do not use them. We do it for all the characters - we don't call them "Yuugi," "Juudai," "Yuusei," etc. as their translated names. Also, the TCG doesn't do it as well, e.g. all the Fire Formations (except for Gyokkou, for some reason). 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:51, June 9, 2013 (UTC)
SALUTATIONS ONCE AGAIN, ULTIMATEKURIBOH!!
I was wondering, since we now have a "Numbers" monster unconfirmed Trivia page, do you think we should provide a link to that on either the "Number" main page or on each one of the "Numbers" monster's real Trivia pages (and delete all the Trivia specs regarding their numerical value's interpretations on each of the real "Numbers" monsters Trivia pages if the latter sounds better?) I feel that way, less "mis-understandings" will occur if the naive wishes to add such Trivia and that there will be consistency on each page in that any user willing to add such "Numbers" Trivia can go to the Forum page directly and do such--as it is a Forum page, there seems to be no "easy-to-find" link directly to it at the moment, only way to seemingly get to it right now in getting it accurate in the search engine.
Whaddya U think?? =? --ARCADIASSCHOLARLY 22:35, June 9, 2013 (UTC)
Just doing my job
You're very welcome Kuriboh. I'm also from Beyblade Wiki and stayed active as well as becoming a rollback. Its fine. I'm just doing my job in keeping the pages safe from vandals. Also I will make sure I message you about any edit waring. Thank you so much. xD --The Mystic Sorceress 06:00, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
I have seen most of the Croatian/Serbian dub of the anime and they call it those names. If I find a card image, I will show you it. --File:20Memetchi.png Be Happy! User:MermaidMelodyFanForever (talk) File:ID Gozarutchi.png 06:07, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
- You mean those inaccurate, spoiled, "won't-bother-doing-their-job-translators" names!?--Hawk00Refferencer (talk • contribs) 11:27, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
RE:Name of a Friend
It is true that you can only get the English language for the cards and that there is no manga, but I remember them translating some of Jaden's Gx monsters such as Wingman and Burstinatrix was translated to something like 'Explonatrix'. I wouldn't mind rewatching the scenes as I have some of them on Dvd so if you want to do that I can! --File:20Memetchi.png Be Happy! User:MermaidMelodyFanForever (talk) File:ID Gozarutchi.png 15:54, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes. They also said things like "dregon versus dregon", and "my dregon is still stronger", not to mention the old-fashioned errors such as lamray for Apophis or Sky Dragon without Slifer, then there's Metal King, Wild Beast, stop me anytime you want.--Hawk00Refferencer (talk • contribs) 16:41, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
WaryurZZ from GameFAQs
Do you know him well? It's just because he mentioned that he also know you (indirect) and might going to find me in DN... If you do, then what's his DN account name? --iFredCat 00:10, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Interesting... Thank you. --iFredCat 01:24, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
I am sorry, but I made mistake, I was talking about the Serbian names used in the anime. Should I add the Serbian box in the card section? --File:20Memetchi.png Be Happy! User:MermaidMelodyFanForever (talk) File:ID Gozarutchi.png 20:50, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
Should, I wait then until you sort out the 'unofficial name' category and then I'll put in the name? If you want me to do that I'll get too work on it tomorrow. --File:20Memetchi.png Be Happy! User:MermaidMelodyFanForever (talk) File:ID Gozarutchi.png 21:21, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
Xyz Reborn vs. Call of the Haunted
Base on the argument, is that true that "Xyz Reborn" can Special Summon the Xyz Monster (after it was Xyz Summoned successful) but not be able to attaching to the target monster after "Mystical Space Typhoon" destroy it? --iFredCat 13:52, June 13, 2013 (UTC)
Fiber chain and revowla
I had some argue with a user on DN (more of that was from other day, not today) and this theory started to eating away my brain cells.
If I control "Fiber Jar", "Waboku" and any cards that is possible to chaining to that of "Fiber Jar" when it was flipping to face-up. Treated them like MST vs. Dark World Lightning; Lightning missed the timing and MST remained on the field when Chain is resolved. Would that logical approved the same with "Waboku" and any cards that chained to it when "Fiber Jar" is flipped to face-up? (Shuffled all other cards to the Deck; the cards that chained remained on the field) --iFredCat 00:38, June 16, 2013 (UTC)
Clown of the Deathly Dream
I'm not sure if these names have been approved by them yet. They are just preliminary. Are you assuming that they have thought about it or did they actually talk about why they weren't going with "rock"? Either way, I don't see the reason why. The same kanji is used by the original Granmarg. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 21:01, June 17, 2013 (UTC)
Lol, Dragoon is Divine!
I understand that you are aiding that IP-Addressed User about the rename. But you maybe have to ask Cheesy because he was the one reject that idea in the first place, and I, again, continued to siding with Cheesedude for that reason. Like with Shark/Rio being Barian Emperors are yet to declaring, the Number 9? yet to confirming, and many unofficial renaming - we are better off holding them until Konami (or show company, in Anime case) provided them correctly. I preferred not wasting the time move them for no reasons, not without any evidence to prove that. I meant, look at "Chaos End Ruler -Ruler of the Beginning and the End-", it was told to be "Envoy of the Beginning and the End" at one point, but it reverted because of that reason (Anime name). --iFredCat 21:52, June 17, 2013 (UTC)
- In that case, we would have to refer to every unreleased-in-the-TCG card by its kanji then, won't we? Not a single card from Shadow Specters has its name confirmed. They are all assumptions. That's why no one has to provide official sources if they want to rename them. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:57, June 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh and also, check this conversation out - Cheesy confirmed that those two IP-Addressed Users are Master D's alternate. That was why I decided to against your idea and rename. --iFredCat 23:12, June 17, 2013 (UTC)
Look at mah blue eyes!
- Ah, ok, thank you for confirming them. And yes, I also got tired of that article (Banned Jar). --iFredCat 21:33, June 22, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry to be disturbing at this time, but may I ask if there is something to be done about the many vandals that misused the editting gift and mocked upon Envoy of Twilight article? This one, for example, MichaelBriggs69, but more especially this one 126.96.36.199. Renaming is one thing, but his edit was an act of political war.--Hawk00Refferencer (talk • contribs) 19:03, June 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Left a message on the user's talk page, with a warning. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 02:43, June 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Following Cheese's comment, if that user refused to agree with whatever you warned, at least twice or thrice if you preferred, you can left message on Admin Noticeboard and any Admin can take care of that person. --iFredCat 02:45, June 21, 2013 (UTC)
Do we need this?
- Well, Dark Ace, that page's total'd so no point keep it linking anymore. --iFredCat 03:38, June 27, 2013 (UTC)
Newly changed articles
The page says it was deleted because We already have a page for this; where is this other page? :s because Top Content -> Newly changed goes to the deleted page not to where ever it is supposed to go... :s :/ Sardeth42 (talk • contribs) 08:37, July 1, 2013 (UTC)
He claims that they're still Divine Beast but with different attributes in the dub, is that true (regardless though that doesn't justify him removing the attributes that they were in the original). Shardsilver (talk • contribs) 02:48, July 4, 2013 (UTC)
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong
- We go by the original though, not the dub (unless the actuall card name or character name, but even then we still include the Japanese names), and originally they're Divine attribute and Divine Beast. I have nothing against you at all, I just wish you explained things sooner instead of constantly removing stuff despite objection (it's rude to others). Shardsilver (talk • contribs) 03:35, July 4, 2013 (UTC)
I'm going to leave the matter in your hand instead of rv again (also if I did edit war at all, I apoligize as that wasn't my intent what so ever. My intent was that he'd give a counter argument in his edit summery, and then I would have took it to the card talk page or given one last counter argument that we go by the original before doing so). Then you add that with all the stuff on his talk page. Anyway, I leave the matter to you as I don't want to cause any form of trouble. Shardsilver (talk • contribs) 04:12, July 4, 2013 (UTC)
I don't care
- Hmm, I think I only missed Winged Rhynos, Treeborn, and Blockman. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 16:27, July 4, 2013 (UTC)
Hey Kuriboh, do you think you could delete User:Dark Ace SP/Archetype Page Skeleton and User:Dark Ace SP/Decks For Others Archive 1? I made those a long time ago, and now there's no point in me having those sub-pages. Thanks. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 22:21, July 8, 2013 (UTC)
Weekly Deck Contest Message
Pardon my intrusion regarding a meaningless topic, but since every card article has a space for the translated name, isn't that name supposed to be translated?--Hawk00Refferencer (talk • contribs) 08:57, July 19, 2013 (UTC)
Barian's -> Varian's
- Grammarly.com says my version is grammatically correct.--Thanonyx (talk • contribs) 23:24, August 1, 2013 (UTC)
Its about time for me
Hello, I think you, GoldenKey and cheesedude wants to see me here. Yes I'm Clock God, but let me efface our bad past. So please talk to DeltaNeos and Dinoguy1000 to accept me here, then I will send a lot useful post as I can --Loupuvio12 (talk • contribs) 10:16, August 2, 2013 (UTC) Hello again, I'm so sorry if I'm bother you, but I want to talk to you in the live chat for 3 minutes. Because I must learn the a truth by you about DN --Loupuvio12 (talk • contribs) 19:41, August 2, 2013 (UTC)
Watch GX episode 132
The Lady in Wight VS Opti-Camouflage Armor
The ruling that I have heard was "'Opti-Camouflage Armor' does not affect the monster that it is equipped to. Instead, this card affects the rule that states that a monster cannot attack directly if there is a monster controlled by the opponent. Therefore, 'The Lady in Wight' would not negate the effect if this card was equipped to a 'King of the Skull Servants' because the effect is not affecting "King of the Skull Servants" and is instead altering a rule of the game."
This "ruling" came out about a month after "The Lady in Wight" reached the US. I remember because I was trying to make a Deck using those cards at the time and I was actually looking for the answer. When I attempted to get a reason for the "Ruling", I was informed of two different reasons. (Not that those two reasons were correct, I just received two different answers at the time):
- First was the "Exact Wording" reason. This was saying that the exact words used in "Opti-Camouflage Armor" causes it to "re-enable" attacking directly. More specifically, the fact that no part of the effect explicitly is affecting the monster gives it the feeling that it didn't affect the monster at all. Your offer of the "Shooting Star Bow - Ceal" ruling would not work here (either for agreeing or disagreeing if this combo works), the card also affects the ATK of the monster and that "prevents" the card from being read as if it worked only on the rules.
- The second was an even more irritating answer - BKSS. Apparently Konami said that the card affected the Rule and not the monster. As the monster was unaffected, "Opti-Camouflage Armor" was not negated by "The Lady in Wight".
These "rulings" were passed around to judges around mid-2008 and it was quite irritating to get an "official" ruling at any event. I recall that when the judges made the effort to look up their answer, they found these answers on judge-only forums and that is where they usually said that they got the answer. As I am not a judge, I never got to see the "official" ruling and therefore have nothing to show.
I usually was able to find several pages saying what I said on Google (in the past), however it seems that many people did not research this themselves and posted their own queries on forums all over. This cause many people to falsely state that "Opti-Camouflage Armor" was negated by "The Lady in Wight" and now I am unable to show multiple pages like I have in the past due to most of them showing in Google results as being out of date. The best I can do at this time is show a forum posting from 2010: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=871176
If you could help me find more, or know a judge (or are a judge yourself) that can ask Konami directly, it could be a big help to solving this problem with an actual answer from the top. As it is, Konami might have changed their Ruling/decision years ago or recently. I haven't heard such so that is why I stick with the ruling that I know. (As it is, "Opti-Camouflage Armor" was never really all that good in that Deck, "Baby Tiragon" is much better for the situation...)
- As far as it is, I have not actually seen the ruling. However that might be, I know that the ruling exists because I still ask the judge at any tournament that I go to. Ever since late 2009, I have always been told that "Opti-Camouflage Armor" works even with "The Lady in Wight" active. This gets even further involved when you look into who placed that Tip on the page:
- It was another Admin. FalzarFZ posted that info and I think that he should be contacted to find out where he got that info. As it is, I think that we should replace the tip while we attempt to get an answer from Konami because it is still used in tournaments today regardless if we have a word-by-word "Ruling" or not.
- As for it being a BKSS, I was specifically saying that it was like a BKSS due to the card requiring to be used in a way that doesn't make sense according to the rules. For the "exact wording" reason, the card doesn't seem to cause any other affect on the monster in question. "Shooting Star Bow - Ceal" does, however. My point with that is that this card has two ways of interpretation (either affects the monster or affects the rule) while the other is already affecting the monster (lose 1000 ATK) and therefore would not be able to be interpreted as affecting only the rule. Between the intended usage of "Opti" and the required affecting from "Shooting Star Bow", we cannot use the ruling of one for the understanding of another, no?
- As for asking, I have made a forum topic on the from you supplied. I still disagree on having to prove something that is already supported more than its opposition. This is actually a logical fallacy in the making. The average player that plays now would be unwilling to agree that this is the true way to play using that card. As a result, regardless of the accuracy of the "Ruling", I still believe that DN will say that "Opti" is negated. I am only posting the forum because you asked. --LordGeovanni- (Talk To Me) *Kupo* 01:27, August 5, 2013 (UTC)
Allow me to explain.
The reasoning behind my "deletion" of the Etyomology and Abilities sections of the Barian webpage was a ill-conceived attempt at moving the aforementioned sections to the Seven Barian Emperors webpage. you see, both sections applying strictly to the Seven Barian emperors and no other specific group of characters can have that description of abilities, which seems redundant to keep both these sections in the wrong webpage. Also I've also previously added an addendum with the Appearance & Physiology section which include characters from the Fearsome Four of the Dark Dueling World, although that has been deleted by another user since. So unless somebody else has a counterargument to this, I personally feel that this would only lead to misinformation.
Sorry about causing that edit war in that page. Since you protected it, does this mean that the cards posted in that page are officially confirmed? ChaosGallade (talk • contribs) 03:54, August 5, 2013 (UTC)
- I apologize as well. It just really bothered me when that guy kept putting those cards on that page without a real source despite it being undone. NMBRHNTR64 (talk • contribs) 03:59, August 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Just wondering, but shouldn't the tin page be locked? --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 23:12, August 10, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry, got distracted while copying something and hit the wrong button.
I said one. You could also add Pegasus, all members of Doma, Odion, and Zigfried.01:45, August 20, 2013 (UTC)