Hi, welcome to Yu-Gi-Oh! Thanks for your contributions.
Here's a wiki tip for you -- you can sign your name on talk/discussion pages by typing ~~~~ which automatically adds your signature and the date.
Check out the Yu-Gi-Oh!:FAQ for more tricks.
Thanks for point me to correct place for Vampire Lord... I didn't realize that, I was editing it before you take it over. I will be sure to take a closely look next time when I am going edit it again. --FredCat100 00:09, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
I noticed that you directly quote the Japanese language from the most recent anime episode that aired last night. Did you happen to translate it yourself, or is there someone you know of online who posts transcripts very soon after each episode airs in Japan?
Any help you could give me in finding transcripts would be greatly appreciated.
Gerhardified 23:06, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- One of the translators from my regular forum answered a question from one of our members. The question to quote was "So............is BFD a Signer Dragon, or not? I'm getting aggravated waiting for them to give us a straight answer."
The answer given by a very regular and trust translator (LeArk if you know him from other forums) was what I quoted exactly without even a single letter change. ShinobiPhoenix 23:09, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for responding so quickly. I watched the episode myself and my translation was almost identical. I, however, am not Japanese and was quietly cheering that they finally revealed the last Signer Dragon. It is both sad and amusing to see so many people still in denial when those who have literally seen and heard the evidence, first-hand, tell them that their theories were disproved.
I don't suppose you'd mind letting me know which forums you know where these kinds of things are discussed without constants edits and reverts?
Gerhardified 23:41, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I only attend DMC [dmcomet.net]. It's a little quieter than it used to be with all the trouble members gone and most of the regulars getting older and more busy with their own lives, but we keep going because we like each other and we don't like how the other forums degrade into bitchfests over things like this. It's been my only home for talking about YGO since 2005 and I don't even care to join Janime (mostly all Crow haters and Judai lovers) or certainly NOT Pojo (all elitist immature brats with a few people actually having common sense). Otherwise, I mostly just talk to Shriek (yes, THAT Shriek) on AIM or visit him at his house to talk about this stuff more when I return to the rest of Europe.
ShinobiPhoenix 23:50, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks a lot for letting me know some places to check out, Shinobi. I have looked at Pojo and drawn all the same conclusions for myself. I am myself a Yusei lover (well, the cards, anyway), but am more of a collector. I'm getting on in years, as far as Yugioh players go, and it's nice to see someone who can put a sentence together on a site like this contributing - and providing evidence the support their contributions. With any luck I'll find some English-speaking Japanese players on these forums in at least a 2 prefecture radius.
Gerhardified 06:36, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
just a sec!?
sorry to bother you with suggestions but i'm new to the site and i'm only here to learn. if you had to use it in a real duel, what would be in your cactus fighter OTK deck. i dont wanna spend any more money tweeking the deck i'm working with and the only reason i'm asking you is because you made a valid point about savage colosseum
I do not entirely agree regarding the "idiot" statement, as the exact term used to describe Level Eater's role in that tip is "add". To me this clearly indicates that Level Eater is to be included within the Synchro Summon as a required Synchro Material Monster. For this reason I would say that we should clarify things as much as possible. Unless you'd rather see the simple changing of the word "add" to something clearer, indicating that Level Eater's role ends when it is special summoned from the grave for the sole purpose of lowering the level of Quickdraw Synchron?
Either way, I think it still bears clarification. I'm not going to change it back, although I'm certain that I'm correct in that more, simpler information is always the better option.
Gerhardified 06:50, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
Add Level Eater in the equation as a third card in what was a two-card combo. The rest was idiot text. No one doing it would think you would be using Level Eater in the summon (unless you want to for some reason, like Synchro Strike for boosting). So, no, wrong on all accounts. If it's not, it really is the result of the current education who prefers not to think for themselves. It's basic math. Also, adding more and more information into it would neither be "more" or "simpler" information in that case. It would be more trivial information that someone would have known by simply counting, thus giving you neither more information (because it gives nothing you didn't already know) or simpler information. It would be like walking up to a prostitute on the street and asking her to explain her role as if you were expecting a different answer. ShinobiPhoenix 08:04, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
This remains your page on a public site, so I shall refrain from anything more than the following: you may wish to read over the comment you posted immediately above this one. It's counter-productive and actually contradicts the point you are trying to make in multiple instances. There is little if any point in starting an argument about something like this, but I think you'll find "idiots" such as myself would appreciate clarity over hasty - and perhaps incomplete - contributions.
Gerhardified 11:37, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
I didn't call you an idiot, nor did I intend to. If you wish to accept or pretend I said it, that's your problem. I didn't do it or mean it that way. I meant just what I said, most people understand without the idiot text (which is a term used for when cards or products would warnings or text for the sole purpose of people who refuse to do the standard). Piercing text is idiot text because they COULD do the better thing and just put it in the rulebook so they can save room on the text block, but they don't because they generally accept this idea of people being too lazy to read the rulebook until something goes wrong. Don't let your ego make you see messages that aren't there. It's like putting "for external use only" on body cream or "contents may be hot" on coffee cups. In SHORT, it was like you put it there for people that actually would be stupid enough to not get it, and I don't believe people are that stupid (ignorant when convenient, yes, but not that stupid). I wasn't calling you an idiot. If you want to see it that way, you're wrong, but you can do it. "Idiot text" isn't necessary and I wasn't even thinking about you or that it was in any way, shape or form toward you. If you continue to believe otherwise, that is completely your problem and your ego telling you that. Not me. ShinobiPhoenix 14:24, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
5D's 104 and 105
I noticed that you changed the opening and ending themes for those two episodes, I was wondering if you could supply a source to validate those changes. Please respond on my talk page instead of on yours, as I see have done with Gerhardified. --Blackstone Dresden 03:53, March 18, 2010 (UTC)
- You mean besides the same source that everyone else knows? Janime added the official statement to the 5D's page a long time ago, it's been discussed for a long time now and there are a lot of videos on youtube either discussing it or having the previews of the Ending (not the opening) up for a while now. Why do you think no one else has asked for a source? Because it wasn't up for debate at this point. If it doesn't change it doesn't change and hundreds of people are wrong, but blame Janime for that, but it was stated as a official release statement. ShinobiPhoenix 02:08, March 19, 2010 (UTC)
Moved section (Placido TP)
You moved my section on Placido's talk page, but to where? Also, I thought it appropriate because someone changed the English VA for him, so I was commenting on that. --DQ13|Talk Contribs 18:45, April 19, 2010 (UTC)
If you're asking about the dub of the anime ITSELF, where do you think that would be appropriate? I mean really? So the main 5D's page just didn't cross your mind? A place where there is ALREADY a large discussion about the dub and its continuation? You didn't ask anything about his VA, you asked about if the dub was continuing, let's not pretend it was an excuse. Asking about the change in his VA is not asking about if the dub is continuing (you did the latter and said nothing about the va). ShinobiPhoenix 19:20, April 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Ah, my apologies. I had the VA in mind, but I didn't write it down. And no, I have not been to the 5D's Main (Talk) Page for at least 3 months now, as there hasn't really been a need for me to. But I will check it out --DQ13|Talk Contribs 20:09, April 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Can you tell me adress where you seen this episode. Thank you Speed Warrior 17:07, April 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I said it right in my post on the Talk Page. I used a program called KeyholeTV that live streams stations, so I often watch TV-Tokyo (where 5D's, Bleach and Naruto are shown) and TV-Asahi (where Super Sentai and Kamen Rider are shown). I usually watch on a site called Freshverse, but it is INVITATION ONLY. So even if I gave you the address you have to be invited. Sorry, you (like myself) will have to wait for it to be put on Youtube, Veoh or something else (obviously can't watch it again until that, since you can't rewind live tv). ShinobiPhoenix 15:16, April 28, 2010 (UTC)
Its me again. I was wondering, did Jack dueled The Crimson Devil Servant with stonetablets or with his normal cards. Speed Warrior 13:50, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Stone Tablets. The images are posted in the Discussion page. and it's 112, not 111. ShinobiPhoenix 21:17, June 2, 2010 (UTC)
I saw your messages at the collector tins, and I wanted to say sorry for two things: 1. I apologize that I didn't mention that they updated the Black-Winged tin with The Wicked Eraser, it slipped my mind. 2. I was just speculating that since Eraser and Dreadroot appeared in the other that Avatar's appearance was likely, I failed to mention that this was my prediction alone and I'm sorry. --Azure Knight-Zeo 18:40, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Additionally, I'd like to also apologize for the StarStrike Blast links, I failed to look into wether they where true or not and lazily just added the names that the numbers linked to. It was a poor effort on my part and will try not to make the some mistake again. --Azure Knight-Zeo 18:48, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
The statement appeared on Shriek, regardless of who made it. The set numbers were linked/redirected to the card speculated to be in the set until I replaced the redirects with Deletion tags. DemonGodAsura 18:49, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Since when did Wikia allow speculation? People really need to make up their minds when they want to follow something and when they suddenly don't because it isn't what they agree with at the time. Half the "prominent" people around here are all over the board on stuff. ShinobiPhoenix 19:10, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Also, it IS important saying who said what? You wouldn't want someone lumping your statements with someone else and blaming you? You wouldn't say Kevin Tewart said something and ALL of Pojo said it or agreed with it? Shriek gets blamed enough for stuff when convenient. ShinobiPhoenix 19:12, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- I never said anything about speculation... I removed the redirects.. I really don't get what you're getting at, and you need to calm down. Who cares that "Lynx" said it's unconfirmed, Shriek posted it as unconfirmed, so it doesn't matter either way who gets credited, "Lynx" gets the credit in the end: "Shriek says unconfirmed through Lynx." DemonGodAsura 19:30, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
I put that protection to prevent a pointless edit war that would have most certainly continued since neither one of us are willing to give up on their standpoint. I'm only going to lift it once I'm convinced that your menial observation should remain. And it's not up to you to decide also what should be put or what should remain. Just like you have the right to put that rather pointless side comment, I have the right to remove it. And I'm fully aware that there is trivia that should be removed, but I can't be everywhere at once. And yes your comments are faulty. Please note the differences when Wisel and Skiel appeared and when Grannel appeared: 1. The first 2 appeared in the opening FREEDOM, the last one appeared in BELIEVE IN NEXUS. Why should that opening follow the sequence that the other had? 2. When the first 2 appeared, they were used in a Duel that lasted for 2 episodes. Grannel appeared for only a few moments. 3.The fact that Grannel was revealed in the opening first, rather than in the episode itself was to have more of an impact, because when compared with the others, who made a dramatic entrance when they would assemble, Grannel appeared instantly assembled and it only stood there like a statue. Oh, and your claim with that Fire Dragon makes no sense. It wasn't overshadowed, it was never revealed, it didn't even have any significance to any plot. And just so you know, your rude behaviour, throwing a tantrum over the removal of a rather subjective statement and calling names don't make you look any mature either.PoirotH 02:28, June 11, 2010 (UTC)
Forgive me, Dear User
But, read the effect text of Spell Economics, it said only when activate of spell. Mausoleum of the Emperor is a field card, and is already on the field when it is activate to pay the cost for summon. I know that you're right about general spell, instead of just Normal, which is my fault. I should mean for that instead, since Premature Burial was an example of the activate and pay at same time. --FredCat100 (talk • contribs) 00:48, July 30, 2010 (UTC)