Decks for Free!
Hey Nep, thanks for always being a contestant in the Deck Contests.
Anyway, I don't want to talk about that, but I want to talk about Forum: Decks for Free!. A while ago, I left Decks for Free to go do other things, and after I left, the page become more or less dead, after almost 2-3 years of continued service and use.
I'm trying to restart DFF, and I need Deckbuilders to do it. I can't really count on my old staff/old friends, as they are busy with their own lives, and have kinda just not been there. I need to hire new staff, would you be interested in becoming a deckbuilder for Decks for Free!? I'd actually have to test you, by giving you a deck to make, but I think you should be fine, as your decks are usually solid in the contests.
- 1 or 2 decks a week, isn't bad, and it's better than nothing. I'd like for you to build a deck around Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo-Daedalus or Satellite Cannon as a test. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 20:13, October 21, 2012 (UTC)
- That's great. But I'm not sure I really want to start DFF back up again. The other users I had asked to make decks didn't make decks, not that they didn't try but I never got a deck after a few weeks, so I'm not very optimistic. I might just give up on it and continue with just the Weekly Deck Competition. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 14:12, November 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Unless a bunch of people in the Weekly Deck Contests want to help? I mean most of the decks are built with good foundations, even if the deck doesn't always seem to reflect that.
- Never mind, I see you posted the deck over 3 hours ago. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 14:24, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Could you try to add something to your profile, so it doesn't become a red link when I do this: User:Nephthy. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 20:48, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
Decks for Free! Staff Guidelines
1) Always try to help the requester actually make their deck, if you've tried to make it and it won't work or they request cards that never want to work together, then inform them of that and ask if they want something else.
2) Be respectful, the people we help are members of the community on this wiki. They want to know that the person on the other side of the screen is actually willing to listen to them and not just bluntly ignore them.
3) Be respectful of the other members of DFF, they are actually trying to help someone too.
4) Cooperation is the quickest way to happiness. So in other words ask for help from another deck builder when you need it.
5) Remember that this will probably be the final attempt by me to restart this project, if it fails it fails, and we go on with our lives, or one of you can try to deal with the stress if you want. But let's not get there yet.
Basically it's like a restaurant, don't piss off the "customers" and try to help them, at the same time don't make yourself hated by your boss or coworkers. Let's try to enjoy what we do.
Hey, I'm looking forward to working with you in DFF and just wanted to introduce myself to the rest of the staff. If you ever need me for anything just post it on my talk page and I will be happy to get back. Also like Ace said we should exchange DN names, and mine is the same from here, Hastydemon2. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 04:39, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
Sup, my DN name is boris12. Nice to meet ya.--Let the Number take hold! 05:32, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
- I'll contribute here aswell, my DN name is GearfriedThe Synchro, pleased to meet you. BROOKLYN RAGE! 08:01, November 28, 2012 (UTC)User:BROOKLYN RAGE!
Decks for Free! and 2013
First off a little holiday music: Music Link!
So, the end of the year is approaching, and the holiday season is upon us, with Christmas about 2 weeks away. At this time of the year, Decks for Free goes into a shut down/revamp period.
During this "down time", if you can even call it that, I usually like to make edits or changes to the overall design and usability of Decks for Free as a whole, and I like to have everyone's thoughts on this matter before any real work is done.
So here are thoughts that are swirling in my head as I'm typing this message.
- We need to update the rules section! I'd like all members to read the rules to themselves and wonder if we really need a certain rule. I mean Decks for Free! is a few years old, and certain rules may need to be made more "Yu-Gi-Oh environment of today" friendly or they may need to be totally reworded, as right now, they may be kinda "clunky". So find those rules, and give your opinions on them, and any possible ideas you have for an update.
- We should get rid of unused parts of the page. I truly liked the Decks for Free! Staff Application Center when we first put it in place, but now I wonder. That page has kinda been unedited for a while, and it might be better to just put Deletion requests/notices on them for an admin to remove later. Thoughts?
- The deck in the General information section of the page needs to be updated to the current format, as well as serve an interesting example. The deck that Demon made and sent over to Jason for a deck fix, isn't a bad place to start. Thoughts?
- Any other ideas are welcome as well.
Merry Holiday Season to all, and to all a very jolly and folly evening or morning as the case may be.
Decks are due for WDC 36. --Dark Ace SP (Talk)
Need to Relax and Retire
Yeah, I just don't have the will to do DFF anymore. I've tried to continue DFF for almost 2 years, and I just haven't had enough time to really enjoy the different archetypes that come out. I kinda want to, so I'll leave DFF and put Brooklyn in charge. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 16:20, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
Decks for Free
I'll put up my thoughts after I've looked over the deck and bit more and try to think of something. In the meantime, I think you should also ask User:Synchro Maniac10 about the deck too, he's done a lot more off the wall decks than I have, and I think he'll be a bit more help as well. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 23:48, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Damn! I can't think of anything! The Meklord and Synchron combo is just too out there for me. But it was a cool deck, rest assured of that. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 01:40, April 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Dude, I needed to say thank you. Dueling with your crazy, most-likely one-of-a-kind Synchron Stealer deck gave me the final piece of the puzzle I need to finish off Machina Synchron. Take a look. If you have advice, please do tell. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 02:33, May 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Celestial Dragon is probably amazing enough to warrant space, and I can probably drop some others for some better Synchros. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 12:31, May 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Current version of deck. The only thing I have to say is that Trifortressops puts in overtime, thank you Konami for a TCG exclusive that actually is useful without being overpowered. Secondly, I somehow drew all 3 Tuning first turn, not worried though, because that happens less than 1.9% of the time. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 13:29, May 27, 2013 (UTC)
Test User:Mrfluffy2. We'll use the DN forums to participate in a single discussion using the messenger system. Log into the forum later and shoot me a PM. http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/ Link for quick access. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 13:00, June 16, 2013 (UTC)
- I sent a PM, check it when you get a chance. Just thought I'd let you know. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 01:15, June 25, 2013 (UTC)
Here is the deck you requested for the test.
- Daigusto Emeral
- Evilswarm Ouroboros
- Gagaga Cowboy
- Gem-Knight Pearl
- Herald of Faithful Light
- Heroic Champion - Excalibur
- Lavalval Chain
- Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
- Number 16: Shock Master
- Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
- Number 39: Utopia
- Number 50: Blackship of Corn
- Starliege Paladynamo
- Steelswarm Roach
- Wind-Up Zenmaines
- Lost connection when we were dueling, and it's taking too long to get back in. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 14:07, July 12, 2013 (UTC)
Weekly Deck Contest Message
- You're the only one that hasn't replied to the PM, did you want to add something to the conversation? --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 20:29, August 19, 2013 (UTC)