thought this might interest
96 participants: http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/96993703/
10 participants but still: http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/96999899/
Could I get a copy of your Gadgetia deck? Planning on slight changes to make the Djinn deck :3
Are you interested?
Forum:Deck Guides Need a Haul over. I want to make the Deck Guide Page, and affiliated pages neater, cleaner, smoother, and more efficient. In other words, I wanted to do a TOTAL makeover. Check the General Discussion post if you want to help. If you're busy, I understand.
So, I've been wondering how up to date is your Ice Barrier deck? Or have you not had time to update it?
Also, do you think a Destiny HERO and Ice Barrier deck would be really good? I mean if you max out more on the normal spells (Medallion, Surface, and Salvage + Plus, other stuff), you get a consistent deck that is fast, and can summon Absolute Zero, as well as having Prior and to get to the Generals later on. Plus, the Synchro stuff with Mal and Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier, who is AQUA, i.e., a Surface target. Do you think that could work as a deck?
I personally think that can work for me more than the Ojama Daedalus deck I've been working on. I like the Ojama, but I have issues with the Ojama if I can't get Country to work. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 00:50, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
Testing, Concerns, Edits, etc.
This is what I have so far, and at the moment the deck is at 1-2. Have any thoughts? And yes it was hard to fit in traps. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 15:35, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I'll drop 1 Diamond Dude for a Stratos. But even without Stratos, the deck so far has performed a little poorly. Gets a little dead, because I have not been able to summon Swap using a General as fodder, hopefully a few edits will increase consistency. At least the deck idea itself is interesting, which is a good thing. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 20:42, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
Dark Creator Return
How about Dark Creator Return for the Greed Quasar deck request? Pile in the DARK monsters using Dark Grepher/Mystic Tomato/Tour Guide From the Underworld. Plus, using Darklord Zerato with a few Trade-Ins for more draw, with of course Allure of Darkness. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 18:48, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
This deck needs edits, and I would like your opinion.
- PLZ, sure, not sure about Mali, since I'd have to run other D-HERO and Destiny Draw. I could remake it to do that, so not that big an issue. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 17:04, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
Alright, how about this?
Re: It's been a long time.
Hey, I think I figured what's wrong with my deck. Your deck is a synchro deck that has a good possibility of getting quasar, and mine is the exact opposite, it focuses on quasar, but can also act as a normal synchro deck. Thanks for trying! Maniac56 (talk • contribs) 10:23, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
- One requester wants help on Wind-Up. It's more like your build, so I added your name to the header. So how was your trip? ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 18:45, July 17, 2012 (UTC)
- I think the requester wanted the more Scrap focused build, so I'll drop the stuff you said to drop. Anything else (Build above edited)? ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 01:39, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Also, what was that other one involving TGU and Thrasher? Might be worth looking into as well. Also, if we decide to do the TGU build, would you mind looking into Flaming Star? ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 01:50, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
The build looks interest enough, I might just post both. As for the Flaming Star, I was wondering if you had any ideas on them? Since another poster wants them in a Flamvell deck. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 12:49, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
Forgot this xD
We added User: BlazeLordX to the team while you were gone. We've also had a few more posts on that place, so check the comments on that page. Add in your thoughts if you have any, you may have to search around for those decks though. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 01:08, July 26, 2012 (UTC)
Couple of People to Test
Wind-Zektor Deck Look Over
RE: DFF Test
I am going on holiday tomorrow and won't be back for two weeks, just thought I should tell you. Is that ok? BROOKLYN RAGE! 04:35, July 27, 2012 (UTC)User:BROOKLYN RAGE!
Crystal Dragon deck.
I did what I could, thanks for the interesting deck.
--BROOKLYN RAGE! 15:53, August 10, 2012 (UTC)User:BROOKLYN RAGE!
Also, inform User:Codysmojo about the test. I don't feel like it at the moment. Also, I'm thinking about completely retiring at the end of August, so I don't know what will happen to DFF. Thoughts? ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 15:40, August 18, 2012 (UTC)
- True, but not like I had a plan to retire, I just feel like 2 summers here is enough to last me for a while. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 18:47, August 18, 2012 (UTC)
- No, I see what you mean, and it does make sense to a degree. Should Manju stay at 3? Or would Moray of Greed work better? ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 17:03, August 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's 2 random. I do like 3 Manju, it's really making me summon Zealgigas with ease, as I won't always have a search card and a card for the cost of the summon. I've also been thinking of dropping Levi over the Soul Ogre. I like Soul Ogre as it can slightly clear the field, and I have Zealgigas to help draw stuff. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 18:14, August 19, 2012 (UTC)
- This is the latest version. Also, I might ask you for help with the updating, you've seen me make and get the deck to this point from scratch. So, you might as well help me update as well/give me your thoughts. I'll do the same if you ask me. Also, I can't decide between Evigishki Soul Ogre and Evigishki Levianima, they're both pretty good. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 18:21, August 19, 2012 (UTC)
- I was applying Resk's 2 Starlight Road theory to the Road numbers, and it does work. Although in this deck, I have a lot of search and a lot of draw, so it might be fine at 1. Yeah, 2 Avance might be overkill, I can just revive the first one with Beast and use it again. I think I'll drop an Avance for a Book of Moon. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 18:28, August 19, 2012 (UTC)
Some Things Need to be Vented
Don't worry, the title is horrendously misleading.
Well, I decided to move my name into the Retired box, and I did add "Retired" to my user name. I'll probably try to finish up the Final Blue request, since I did kinda start giving him ideas for that one.
Now, I don't want to make any more decks for Decks for Free!, but I think we could maybe try to start a Deck Builder tutorial forum page? It's mostly like that Apprentice program thing, I ended up having to give about 4-5 users here Practice decks to make, as they all wanted to get better, so instead of my talk page getting flooded, I'll probably just start a separate Forum page and sticky it. I'll also handle page maintenance, aka, cleaning up old requests, moving decks to archives, etc. That's about all I think I can still do to be a part of Decks for Free! and not have the stress of it. Does the above sound like a semi-solid plan to you?
(On another note, should I change the sig colors, and sig font? The varying shades of Blue are getting old, any color recommendations?)
- Last year was a partial retirement....since school stuff got in the way. Besides, helping people make decks is totally different from actually making decks. Black/gray sounds good. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 13:02, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Loving the shades of darkness in my sig. Anyway, just a heads-up, but I'll be copying some of your General guide sections (The important sections anyway) for something (You'll get all the credit). ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 13:08, August 22, 2012 (UTC)
DFF Application Turn-in Center
- The deck thingy is yours, "The content after this section is the sole written work of Lappyzard or other external authors." The other external authors was just Jason and his core theory articles.
As for the other question about why I'm different, hmm, good question. I don't know why I would be better, after I finished writing it, it seemed like it was just another deck help forum. I guess what would make me different is that I've had to make decks for almost 2 years on demand, and I've had to learn how to get better. Maybe it's the experience I've had, or the fact that I will reply to the post/give my own advice based on my own experiences? ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 03:10, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I added another paragraph to the mission statement, in an attempt to answer your advice. Hmm, personally, could you read it and tell me how it looks and flows? You were better with words than the rest of us. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 03:26, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm, I'm starting to think that the idea was good, but the way I'm executing that idea is flawed. Hmm...damn this is hard, not like I thought it would be easy, but yeah. Also, why don't you add a avatar pic to your profile here, all I see next to your name banner when I show up here is a white space. Like the avatar you use for FAFA. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 03:33, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
End of DFF
DFF Entrance Exam
The deck works a lot like a Rabbit Dino deck would. Foolish Burial and Lavalval Chain puts Chain Dog into the grave quickly, so when Rabbit makes its appearance Chain Dog can come out of the hole to joins its friends for a 3 monster Rank 4 Xyz summon into either Shock Master or Shark Drake. Tour Guide can stall with Zenmaines or go for Leviair and get Rabbit back to start all over again. Grand Mole and soul Taker help with the bigger monsters, Soul Taker mostly for Lightpulsar and The Shining where Grand Mole returns the Xyz and Synchro monsters. Starlight was added due to the new Semi-Limit on Mirror Force and with all the Dark Holes, Heavy Storms, Black Rose Dragons running around the extra protection is well needed to keep all my monsters around. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 20:23, September 2, 2012 (UTC)
what happened to my post about macro cosmos? i have no messages... Ecthelion Anárion (talk • contribs) 04:24, September 1, 2012 (UTC)
NOW I feel this is the end of DFF. One testee gave up, one is bad with 40 card decks, one still isnt done with decks, and one is not being rated yet. In case it will be the end, you should join a forum called Duel Academy on forummotion,where u can duel in daily tourneys, take leesons, and even open up ur own deck shop. I really want you there.
here is the link:
Hey Lappy, been a while. I plan to return to Decks for Free!, seeing as the page has kinda been dead. Anyway, if I do come back, I'm going to probably bring a few deckbuilders with me, hopefully the better ones in the Weekly Deck Competitions.
Hope you don't mind, if you do...we can talk.
i wanted to thank you for your notes on mist valley decks. I've built one that i'm very happy with i actually beat a good dragon ruler deck with it. mausoleum of the emperor and ancient fairy dragon help bring out apex avian and dark simorgh. minefieldriller or Regulus help rotate field spells continuously. and im not sure if you mentioned it but harpie dancer is the number 1 card for speeding up this deck it's one of my new favorites so thank you for introducing me to it.--18.104.22.168 (talk) 07:46, June 15, 2013 (UTC)
I have no idea if you still check this, but you may be interested to know that Indaend was on. He misses the old times. He was flabbergasted by the new stuff. He and I are going to design a custom format, and he wants to talk with you. -Fett
Needs a look if you're around. http://i.imgur.com/rgKIMZx.png -Fett