Hey! I see that you've been a member here ever since the 2nd of April, yet you have received no official welcome as of yet! LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR ME =D
Before I continue, in case you're wondering how I found you, I think I noticed your username in the "Recent Activity" section. Simple as that. =P
Anyway, my name is Psychid, and I am kind of old here on this Wiki (old enough to get familiar with most of the Wiki's rules and regulations, anyway). Whereas I may not be much of a welcomer here on the Wiki, I am one to welcome new users like you to the Wiki, just so that they don't feel left out. In that case, let me be the first to welcome you to the official Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki!
The purpose of this very message is to inform you about the things you can do on this Wiki, besides editing mainspace articles (i.e. Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, Akiza Izinski, etc.). One of such things you can do is edit your own userpage! By that, I mean add some information about yourself (i.e. your age, your location, your gender, your likes/dislikes, etc.), just so we can get an idea of the kind of person you really are.
Another thing you can do is talk to other users (not much of a surprise there, if you ask me)! To do so, simply go to another user's talk page, type in your message, and presto! You're done with your message! However, when talking to other users, it is highly suggested that you:
- Leave your message on another user's talk page and not your own. That way, we will be notified that we have received a message on the Wiki.
- Leave what is called your signature at the end of your message (being the following code: --~~~~). That way, we can easily keep track of which message is from which user. Of course, you can customize your own signature, if you want. To do so, simply go to the drop-down menu bar in the upper-right-hand corner (right where it says "MORE"), then scroll down to where it says "Preferences". Of course, you can click here, just to make things go faster. In either method, you can customize your signature from there. I suggest that you look at some sample customized signatures, such as mine, if you want an idea. Still, if you have any questions concerning this topic, don't hesitate to ask.
- If you wish to start blog, just create "User:Juely/Blog" after the main page's address, and you're good. But for real "Blog", this site is only 1 out of many Wikia I have visiting are lacking one. I am sorry for that. So good luck and have a happy edit here! --FredCat 17:55, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- If you want your own pages without have Admins spanking you up and down from the hell to here. Yea, big deal if you don't have your name included. User:Juely/Blog is what you should starting, throw anything in there you want to create and post up. So good luck. --FredCat 18:35, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Not at all, friend. And also you should get your username link-able so anyone who visiting my talk page (as well as archive) wanna see who you are, check out Special:Preferences to get it turn on. If you do not understand how, just ask Coffeedude or Dino for more information, they are nice guys to help out. --FredCat 18:38, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- No problem, my new friend! If you need some helps while I am around, feel free ask some more. --FredCat 18:45, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Roll down the hill.
No, they are not. They are for discussing changes to the article, not for general discussion on the subject. General discussion should be confined to the forums. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 19:32, August 8, 2011 (UTC)