Creation Card Article
If you're stuck with some ideas, feel free to ask me or UltimateKuriboh (As seen in this topic) to get some improvement or loose up the tie of the words. Deje que la creación sea libre! (Let the creation be free!) --iFredCat 01:09, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks pal. I have ideas for a Chinese Zodiac themed archetype, but I'm stuck on the name, actually. The "Fire Fist" archetype is eerily similar to my original ideas, both in names and card effects. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 01:14, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
Excuse me Golden Key, but there is new info
Honestly, I was send that info to NAC from here: http://www.yu-gi-ohmatome.com/tag/海皇 But it was deleted by Arynis due to my past (if you want I can proof it because I already know it will be deleted before it deleted, I get screenshoot of my post) And that is include newest info of yugioh (even next pack of Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy) Like this: 2013年4月2日
英語版遊戯王5Ds 4巻発売 2013年5月17日
英語版遊戯王ZEXAL 3巻発売 So, thats why I want to see NeoArkadia on my MSN, because I need him on translating Japanese writing into English (even my English was bad but still I can explain somethings). Golden Key, I have only request by you, it is plz talk to with Ark (because you are much much respect person than me) to add me of his MSN or Yahoo... İf you do not so, then at least copy paste my latest info into here: http://neoarkcradle.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=98&start=1880 I'm so sorry if I'm bother you, if you dont want to see my message again, then plz warned me before blocked me and thanks... --Clock God (talk • contribs) 16:13, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Using an online translator, that link doesn't seem to say anything about the next pack. It talks about books and card sleeves. If you only want to contact Ark because you need something translated, a good idea might be to either try using an online translator, or post it on the Forum on this site. We've got competent translators who will respond. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 16:39, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
Archer as Series Theme
Hi i made this Page Archer still need a lot of info but do you think it is better to delete it or keep it and let people help the page (i ask you if the Archer sould be a series like knight or not ?)Andreas-kall (talk • contribs) 18:12, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
i never said Archer is an archetype like a lot of series they do not have a support card so i think i sould be listed as a series not archetype (it has 52 members)Andreas-kall (talk • contribs) 18:23, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
ok as you said i can make the archer page but do you have the data before you delete it (if you give them to me i will make it faster and give more info)Andreas-kall (talk • contribs) 18:31, January 3, 2013 (UTC) I have no permission to posting it on forum due to our agreement with Ark. So, I can only read the latest news without sending any post. When I do so, then my post could delete by Arynis. Golden Key, plz be online from NAC, and I will PM you. --Clock God (talk • contribs) 19:24, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
- The images just haven't been uploaded yet. There were more red links like that on the page before. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 12:43, January 4, 2013 (UTC)
- I called it a very early night, I was beat. Anyway, the guys working on the page should have the images up shortly. With the exception of two images, I've only been replacing with watermarks. There's one on the page that I'll replace when I get home; now that I can access Hulu from outside the US, I'm having an easier time screencapping. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 12:53, January 4, 2013 (UTC)
New Image-Related User
Hey, could you please check the errors this user did when he creates card artwork pages, and reprimand where necessary? I tried doing it before, but I don't have any experience when it comes to those pages. I ended applauded his efforts too early, according to FredCat. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 23:39, January 4, 2013 (UTC)
- You rang? Do you meant all those Artwork Articles that he created with half-baked cake? --iFredCat 00:20, January 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Looks like Fred and Yami covered most of them, I've looked at the rest. Brubio1010 eventually started to figure out what he was doing wrong, but he still hasn't got it down yet. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 00:26, January 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Right place right time, I guess. I've been pretty inactive on the site today, due to working on my Chinese Zodiac-themed cards. I'm calling them "Ascended", and like the Lightray and Dark counterparts, they're upgraded versions of existing monsters. I've even got an idea for my character's first opponent. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 02:00, January 6, 2013 (UTC)
Test Proctor character?
I noticed a while back you made some character pages; would you mind creating one for the test proctor guy that Dueled against Bastion Misawa in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Episode 001? I ask this for 2 reasons: 1) It's stupid the Heartland Fairground Clown gets a page although he appeared a couple of seconds onscreen, and 2) You Duel this guy each month in the practical exam in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy.
Or, if the page already exists, could you point it out to me? The first episode didn't give a link to him in the episode summary. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 02:48, January 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Technically, Mimicry and like five other characters in Tag Force are just based on the guy's design. He's never given a canon name and if you want to argue that one of the Tag Force guys is him, you could make that argument for any of them. He actually should have a separate article, which would of course make reference to the video games using his design for "generic teacher characters". Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 03:06, January 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, seeing as how there is no initiative... Goldy (yes, nicknames now), would you mind creating a character page for him, just based on his brief GX appearance for now? I guess we can leave anons and other users to help improve it later on. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 06:12, January 7, 2013 (UTC)
- I was in Diamond Dude's gallery and saw the image that hadn't been cropped, so I uploaded a new one. I was wondering why it didn't say the pack gallery was using it, and found that someone had Arcadia had uploaded another image. I just forgot to capitalize HERO the first time I moved the image I uploaded to the proper name. I have a sinking feeling Arcadia may have uploaded a lot of images we already have. Igor will tag the duplicates I'm sure. I love that guy. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 20:25, January 6, 2013 (UTC)
hi goldenkey i was wondering in a upcoming episode in zexal yuma and astral are set to use zexal and this happens a new zw will appear is it ok add Unknown ZW to Episode 86 I Already Did is that ok or no? (107Number (talk • contribs) 20:59, January 6, 2013 (UTC))
- You probably shouldn't have added that. As likely as it is, it's still speculation. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 21:01, January 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Along with Goldy's comment, you need an evidence to prove that it's actually there. Otherwise, it's just a waste of an article for that. Like with "Number ?39: Utopia V" for good reason. --iFredCat 21:11, January 6, 2013 (UTC)
Y Nigat n Distro differ?
May it's time to protect that page - I check the history just after you deleted it; it was bring up three times (third time was the one you "murder" it). Just like all those spamming articles in the history, agree or no? --iFredCat 16:08, January 7, 2013 (UTC)
- I was thinking so too. The problem is that this page links there. I've suggested we delete the Gameplay FAQ pages, and Falzar and UltimateKuriboh think they should go too. But the stuff from the pages listed need to be merged into the main pages first, and that'll take time, and no one has started yet. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 16:50, January 7, 2013 (UTC)
*crashed into your back yard*
- Thank you for have a 5-seconds break from the usually work. Now I gotta pull my spaceship out of the yard... *walked to the door to the back yard* --iFredCat 01:45, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
Changing File Extensions
Hey. Is there any way to change image file extension types on this Wiki? I accidentally uploaded an image in .jpg format, but now it won't let me change it to .png. This has happened a few times in the past when I try to upload updated images of things, too, and it's really annoying. Do you know of an easy way to fix this without having to set a delete tag, etc.?--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 16:44, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Sadly no, there's nothing you can do but tag and re-upload. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 16:58, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Remember what Benjamin Franklin told the world; "Haste make Waste". Be patience and pay closely attention, Joey, and you will be in good pace and not in the mess like this. Yes, I also keep myself reminding about my own mistake over the times, ever in writing the story. --iFredCat 17:35, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Just to give a bit of detail, the reason you can't simply change a file's extension on the wiki is because the software checks to make sure the file is actually the right type to match the extension (so, for example, if you try to upload an image with a .jpg extension - or rename an uploaded image to use a .jpg extension - the software first checks to make sure the image is actually a JPEG, and if not, prevents the upload/rename). In theory, of course, the software could allow you to change a file's extension, and transparently change the file's actual format for you to match the extension, but it doesn't currently do this and I'm not sure if such functionality is planned to be implemented on any level, at any point, so we're stuck with the more tedious alternative of downloading files, manually resaving them as the desired file type, reuploading them with the proper extension, and tagging the original file for deletion as a superseded/duplicate file. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 00:29, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
- The only times that part of the name can be changed on the wikia is when the extensions are:
- the same thing (e.g. .jpeg → .jpg)
- capitalisation (e.g. .PNG → .png)
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 00:44, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
- I noticed after I made the page. It was unintentional, but I decided to leave it as is, for the time being. What do you think of the Duel? --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 13:57, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Not so bad, at least Tyler the Great Warrior got some scene in the drama. I won't ask about his advanced form, it just... little out of the place - "Greatest"? But other than that, great set-up of Duel. Maybe considering create the article with "Create Cards" in your article? It's like mine; just like this one.--iFredCat 14:02, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Hehe, since the name "Tyler the Great Warrior" is so uninspired, I felt it only proper to give its advanced form an equally mundane name. And since the card itself is so lame, I though it would be interesting if he had secretly been given a better support card, like how Chumley made "Skyscraper 2 - Hero City" for Jaden. It also sets up the possibility for a "Tyler the Great" archetype. Still fine-tuning the effects of the other "Ascended" monsters, but I do plan to add them to my sub-pages soon. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 14:11, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Indeed, and for the article - you missed couple of the feature - "Featured duel(s)" and "Featured cards". As seen in my duel article, it give more details of what you required to filling up. And yes, I copied most of those features from the Wikia in order to keep them clear and smooth. And you don't have to linking each cards in the Deck Template, as seen in this article, I put in many cards that normally belong to my sister and I don't get a chance to create an article for all of her creating cards so I left them with no links in all deck templates as well as duel features. --iFredCat 14:19, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, i'd like to insert in portuguese of brazil, but there only existe in portuguese of Portugal. How do I change the flag to brazil? "ptlore" is Portugal but "brlore" doesn't exist. Thanks.Daniellemos.br (talk • contribs) 20:29, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for responding in my own topic ^_^ but at least saving us some neck-pain to snapping, just click on "Leaving Message" instead of clicking on the last topic then make your own respond with topic enlisted. And for "Brazil" language, it's actually United State of America and is also Spanish/Protugal, so that's impossible to have each language in each country, included three regions of America (North, Central and South). So I am sorry but to show you a truth. --iFredCat 22:51, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
New Gilag face?
- I guess they'll do, though images of Alit uninjured would be ideal. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 16:44, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I hope he got the idea... at least he cooperated for the giant duelist. --iFredCat 16:45, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Turned out he did not... listening or knowledging it... *headdesk* --iFredCat 16:59, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Well he's uploading new images under the old names, and they are bigger... but they need slightly better cropping on their right side; there's a line of black. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 17:06, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, I'm a webdesign, how can I contribute with layout of yugioh wikia? I visited the YuGiOh! Spanish Wikia and is a very cool, so i'd like to contribute with this wikia too.Daniellemos.br (talk • contribs) 17:02, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Daniellemos. When it comes to stuff like layout, Deltaneos would probably be a person to talk to. But what sort of help do you have in mind? --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 17:06, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
Just to keep your gun preparing...
- Weird, it's telling me he's blocked already, but then how is he editing and why doesn't he have a log? --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 18:36, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
Returning of the PT Cards?
Ok, sorry. But now, the new yugioh cards in portuguse will be released again with the new booster pack Cosmo blazer (Esplosão Cósmica). Cards in portuguese will be back.
About the layout, I'm thinking a new layout. when I finish I'll show you.
- Excuse me, coming through, original Portuguese user's here. First of all, the Portuguese cards haven't been made in ages, the last set was, I presume, Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon. I haven't seen any other set other than that and others. Portugal didn't even got through the GX Era, why would they skip every other set to Cosmo Blazer. Another thing, Cosmo Blazer translation isn't "Esplosão Cosmica", it's Blazer doesn't even have a proper translation for this matter, it only has translates to a jacket. So if, you have a proof, show it. --~NS~ 18:57, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- It is hard to believe it. Portuguese cards are out of production since 2005. I have never even heard of a Portuguese Cosmo Blazer booster pack. By the way, I am Portuguese even though I live in the UK now. You need proof for us to confirm or we will most likely not accept this idea.--Power32840 (talk • contribs) 19:43, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- He seems like a well-intentioned user, so I don't think it's a deliberate lie. More likely, he's seen false information on another site and taken it as legit. Of course, there's always the chance Konami decided to start printing in Portuguese again. Would be very odd/random, but not inconceivable. I'm interested in a source. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 19:59, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- K, what do you think of that new article I created? Found any whatever problem I placed in? --iFredCat 20:45, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
Add Images to the Gallery?
What did you mean by this? Were you directly telling me through the edit summary (since I uploaded the images)? Also, is this something only I can do, or did were you too lazy to do it yourself? I don't have any experience in creating Card Galleries, only adding to them, in which case I wouldn't know how to label the image. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 02:58, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- I meant we have an image for the English card on the site, but not the Portuguese one. If there are Portuguese images, I was asking people to please add them. Otherwise, the names/lores are unofficial. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 03:04, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
Utopia Ray V
Was that you that deleted the article about "Number ?39: Utopia V"? Well, that user/IP-Addressed user was right, as seen in this episode... But I felt your patience - it is as great as Judge at the divorce court; the new monster's full name is not confirmed yet. --iFredCat 15:05, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Could you run that by me one more time, please? I think you're saying Hope Ray V is confirmed, but so far we don't know for certain if it's a monster and not just equipped with a ZW. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 15:09, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Only the name is confirmed. I can't pressuring it any far as I see no "Xyz Overlay" or "Ultimate Fusion Summon" craps around there. I can sit down and wait for that episode to airing then we can pull the camp down to creating the article about that "Hope Ray V" existence. I can't argue against you and your massive power of patience. --iFredCat 15:11, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I wish, but Delta's display look better than before - otherwise, I can't completed "Apprentice Magician", because it abused little too much on same location (in, as result of, by, etc.) so it's just too crazy to deal with regular Bold and Italic tactic. --iFredCat 13:21, January 14, 2013 (UTC)
- But if you don't like it, tell your option to him in Dino's talk page. I once told him that red in the cross-out don't look so good when intercepted with the new word (as of "ins"), it look like it's almost blending together. --iFredCat 13:32, January 14, 2013 (UTC)
How does it feel to raised the hopes of the Dueling community regarding gaining 900 Life Points from the effect of "Noble Arms - Caliburn", when it has just been revealed it is 500 instead!? You held sway over the dreams of many a Duelist... and dashed them into jagged rocks. Consider this as a weak reprimand on behalf of the many Duelists who would like to strangle the person who made that mistake. =) --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 20:27, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- There are a few ways. If a Normal Monster's lore mentions an archetype's name, it can be added as archrelated. If it is mentioned in the lore of a member of an archetype, it's archrelated. If an effect monster works specifically with one member of an archetype (such as fusing with it), it's archrelated. In the case of series, slightly more leeway is given if the cards have an obvious, strong tie, like with Charmers and Spiritual Art cards. But having an effect that needs a lot of Spells in the Graveyard isn't strong enough a connection. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 17:46, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
- What I thought is that this card needs lots of spells in grave and also supports spells in a very special way besides its type as a spellcaster and that the Spellbook spell cards are all spells which support their archetype if they are either in the graveyard or banished (for example Reaper of Prophecy) so I think that they are related. Themaster1915 (talk • contribs) 17:58, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
- I see where you're coming from, and if it mentioned "Spellbooks" specifically I'd be okay with it being added as related to Prophecy. But many Spellcasters deal with Spell Cards, so there's no real strong reason to mention this one as related. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 18:06, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
- I got your point but in my point this card is really strongly related as it was firstly released in the same pack as the Prophecy and spellbook cards debuted (the Return of the Duelist pack) and also both of its effects supports spell cards (1 in grave and the other searches out for them) unlike other spellcasters (Style of Spellbooks) got my point? Themaster1915 (talk • contribs) 18:17, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
Not Sure What Reference...
In Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Episode 120, Alexis says at 1:28 in this subbed version that she has been in "[this] world before." Any idea what she meant by that? I looked at her character page, but only saw that she entered an "alternate dimension" when she lost to Amnael (though she remained there unconscious. Any thoughts? --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 03:38, January 20, 2013 (UTC)
- I believe she's referring to the time they went to the world of the Gravekeeper's. Her comment comes after Hassleberry mentions there are three suns, and there were three suns in that other dimension as well. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 04:02, January 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Also, there are 12 "Dimensions" at that point when Asuka was unconscious. Gravekeeper's "world" is maybe one of them, like Goldy said. --iFredCat 17:36, January 20, 2013 (UTC)