This is Falzar FZ's Talk Page.
- This page is for discussion purposes such as questions, requests, comments on pages I have made/edited, etc.
- In order to keep discussions grouped, if you leave a message here, I will reply here; if I leave you a message, I will be keeping an eye on your talk page for the reply.
- Ruling/Gameplay questions go in the Ruling Queries Forum, please don't ask them here.
- If it is about something that any admin can handle, it should be posted on the Admin noticeboard. Minor file move requests should be done using
- Please sign and date your posts by typing exactly four tildes (~~~~) or clicking the button, at the end of your post.
- Put new topics under old topics. Click here to start a new topic. If you are replying the same topic, edit the section instead of making new topics.
The server time is: 01:35 am
The current time for me is: 12:35 pm
Note: You may have to refresh this page to see changes.
01/05/09 - 07/02/11
03/02/11 - 20/07/11
20/07/11 - 28/04/12
28/04/12 - 11/11/12
11/11/12 - 29/08/14
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! BAM closing
Since Yu-Gi-Oh! BAM is set to close on September 30, 2014, I need help in updating the articles that needed to be updated.
(Copied from my post to X-Metaman
- Card List and Booster Pack list: I can update the Series 1 packs with the new list and cards, I have the entire list of Series 2 cards here (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dark_Pride/Sandbox2) and can be used to update (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Series_2_%28BAM%29). The Arena, I haven't kept track of them all and there are the tournament cards which will be unreleased due to premature closing of the game
- Storyline Rewards
- Card Prices
- Card Images (Some of the card images might've been changed, especially the Dragunity Monsters since their levels were changed)
- No article for Tournament (BAM)
- Story Transcript. Do note that some Chapters changed their transcript (those Chapters in Alba Litora with Friend nodes), most likely it wasn't updated since Falzar_FZ left.
- Hopefully, a Decklist of all opponents in each Chapters. About this, I'm already in the process of getting the Decklist of every Opponent. Most of the Tropica City Chapters have already been done and I'm planning to merge it with Story Transcript to have a complete profile of Opponents. (This one is hard to obtain manually since some opponents use 3 Vampire Genesis, or worse the one opponent who uses 3 Gladiator Beast Retiari)
Help is urgently needed. Thanks Dark Pride (talk • contribs) 15:52, August 14, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, been very busy balancing uni (last year or so), work, etc. Don't really have spare time to contribute here D:
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 03:42, August 29, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation images
Alright I will upload some of them, but can I ask you a question? You mention that you have card images, do you also have Token card images like this 1. Another thing it is possible for you to get the Field Spell Card background like this 2. WinterNightmare (talk • contribs) 22:54, February 28, 2015 (UTC)
Almost forgot, in the file, what the difference between counter 39 and counter 41. WinterNightmare (talk • contribs) 00:54, March 1, 2015 (UTC)
- Interesting, one more question. Are you going to tackle Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels because I would like to see the difference between the two games as they are quite similar and rather or not to upload some images from that game. WinterNightmare (talk • contribs) 04:43, March 1, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, looking at the file again, there is a YGOMD on the character sprites which mean this came from Millennium Duels. Alright, ok, this the last time I will ask you a question, the rest I will figure it out on my own. For the card images, are you going to do just English, and not French, German, Italian and Spanish? For the other languages, the field background could be left alone. I know this could be a hassle for you to go through the other languages, this can waste some of your times, but this just a suggestion not a request. WinterNightmare (talk • contribs) 18:19, March 1, 2015 (UTC)
- That ok, I guess the other languages will be left alone for now. Looking at stuff 2 file, I won't said it useless as I plan to create a list of beta elements like this example. Though I will mostly write that the game code contain sprites, logo and documents from Millennium Duels. Some counters that I believe are not in the game itself like Earthbound Immortal Counter and Maiden Counter. Spelling of the character's name is different from what the game state, etc. I will create a rough draft of this beta elements and show to the other admins to see what their thought about it. For the card images and field backgrounds, it look great and it is amazing.
But I only looking at part 2, as I can't download card image part 1, since there is a error issue and it keep restarting the download for 30 seconds. WinterNightmare (talk • contribs) 05:27, March 2, 2015 (UTC)
Since Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Arena is closing in a week, can you extract whatever information you can about it? In particular, I'm chasing after the victory condition animations, since I've only been able to discover them by actually achieving them (and I don't have enough time to get the necessary cards for all of the them). Here's an example of some of them and how I found them. In addition, if you can somehow find any chibis in-game that aren't already shown on the Wiki (Portal:Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Arena characters) or even discover the chibi's partner/opponent Decklists, that would be greatly appreciated. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 21:33, March 20, 2015 (UTC)
Oh yeah, if you can do this, then you'll have to register an account on miniclip.com, then access Duel Arena through that site. You may have to refresh the Duel Arena page if you don't manage to enter the game the first time. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 23:55, March 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 01:52, March 21, 2015 (UTC)
New Card Artworks
I've managed to attempt to do this process with the new game. Not good! The game seems to have a lower quality artworks. I don't know why. If anyone can tell me a way of replicating the quality, it'd be nice. I'd like to drop some new images for the new game --New World God (talk • contribs) 18:38, April 1, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Falzar, if you get a bit of time at some point, could you change the background on File:Speed Spell.svg to be transparent instead of the current white? Thanks! 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 04:15, April 5, 2015 (UTC)
Central of yu-gi-oh communities
Hi , I 'm a big fan of the wiki and ADM of Portuguese wiki. I recently had an idea, which was create a wikia and / or pages on social networks , where all yugioh communities in all countries and languages, with all variants (per example the wiki decks and the wiki yugioh questions) for wikis can communicate more easily with each other , for projects together , to help each other .... etc .
This project would have the name given in the title and would only serve to communicate , not as an encyclopedia of yugioh
Right now, I'm also contact the other wikis.
For more details , leave a message on my wall .
goncasdio (talk • contribs) 14:01, July 4, 2015 (UTC)
Turn Structure Chat
If you have time, could you edit the turn structure chart appropriately, as they describe here? --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 05:47, August 18, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not sure including the "If no battles are conducted" wording is good on that 1 line, since you can enter the Battle Phase and end it without attacking with anything. Maybe an "OR" wording instead? Also, they have another request on that forum page. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 00:52, August 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for the notifications.
- I think it was in the rule book when I made it, so I just copied it. Now that you mention it, actually, it could be removed since it's redundant with the arrow.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 14:29, August 19, 2015 (UTC)
Licensing of SVG icons
Hey Falzar, I believe that several of the icons you've created and uploaded here don't meet the threshold of originality required to qualify for copyright protection. Specifically, I think these icons do not meet it: File:Speed Spell.svg, File:BAM-Coin.svg, File:BAM-DP.svg, File:BAM-Duel Star.svg, File:BAM-Life Points.svg, File:BAM-Continuous.svg, File:BAM-Common.svg, File:BAM-Rare.svg, File:BAM-Ultra Rare.svg, File:BAM-Common 2.svg, File:BAM-Rare 2.svg, File:BAM-Ultra Rare 2.svg, File:BAM-Arena Common.svg, File:BAM-Arena Rare.svg, File:BAM-Arena Ultra Rare.svg, File:BAM-Divine Common.svg, File:BAM-Divine Rare.svg, File:BAM-Divine Ultra Rare.svg, File:TurnStructure.svg, File:CapMonLevel1.svg, File:CapMonLevel2.svg, File:CapMonLevel3.svg, File:CapMonLevel4.svg, File:CapMonLevel5.svg, File:MonsterCost2.svg, File:MonsterCost3.svg, File:MonsterCost4.svg, File:MonsterCost5.svg, File:HitPoints3.svg, File:HitPoints4.svg, File:HitPoints5.svg, File:HitPoints6.svg, File:HitPoints7.svg, File:HitPoints8.svg, File:HitPoints9.svg, File:MovePatternO.svg, File:MovePattern+.svg, File:MovePatternX.svg, File:MovePattern*.svg, File:MovementCost0.svg, File:MovementCost1.svg, File:MovementCost2.svg, File:MovementRange1.svg, File:MovementRange2.svg, File:MovementRange3.svg, File:MovementRange4.svg, File:AttackPatternO.svg, File:AttackPattern+.svg, File:AttackPatternX.svg, File:AttackCost0.svg, File:AttackCost1.svg, File:AttackCost2.svg, File:AttackRange1.svg, File:AttackRange2.svg, File:AttackRange3.svg, File:SummonCrestIconLevel1.svg, File:SummonCrestIconLevel2.svg, File:SummonCrestIconLevel3.svg, File:SummonCrestIconLevel4.svg, File:SummonCrestIconLevel5.svg, File:DefenseCrest-DDM.svg, File:MagicCrest-DDM.svg, File:ProgressCrest-DDM.svg, File:MagicCrestIcon.svg, File:MovementCrestIcon.svg, File:DM Star 1.svg, File:DM Star 2.svg, File:DM Star 3.svg, File:DM Star 4.svg, File:DM Star 5.svg, File:DM Star 6.svg, File:DM Star 7.svg, File:DM Star 8.svg.
It's likely several other icons also don't meet the threshold of originality, but I don't have the expertise to really draw that conclusion.
In addition, for the icons which do meet the threshold of originality, where you copied an existing copyrighted icon, your icon would be a derivative of the copyrighted icon and thus itself copyrighted, and you wouldn't be able to relicense it under Creative Commons or the like.
Would you have a problem with the licensing on these icons being changed? Thanks! 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 21:55, December 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, change it. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 02:37, January 4, 2016 (UTC)
- I've updated the licensing on the images I listed above; I'll go through some of the other images as time allows. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 20:15, January 5, 2016 (UTC)
Regarding File:MoltenZombie-WC10-EN-VG-NC.png, it seems to resemble "Flame Ghost" more than it does "Molten Zombie". Are you sure you didn't make a mistake? --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 21:25, February 1, 2016 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's likely to be a mistake.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 12:58, February 3, 2016 (UTC)
Yu-Gi-Oh BAM question
I have a quick Yu-Gi-Oh BAM question. Do you still have images or data from the game? Yu-Gi-Oh BAM Pocket iss till around, so if things are missing you could try that. Lalalei2001 (talk • contribs) 07:07, March 1, 2016 (UTC)
- I have some of the data for an older version.
- Yeah, pocket seems to be the same, but with more content.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 00:40, March 2, 2016 (UTC)
- I should probably try extract text stuff from pocket too some time. I have an idea of how to go about it, but it's like very different compared to the browser version so I can't say for sure if I can get it. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 13:45, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
DR04 Set IDs
If you don't mind, could you set up a bot run to delete all the foreign (French, German, Italian, and Spanish) Set IDs your bot created for Dark Revelation Volume 4? It turns out that the pack is a North-American-exclusive product. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 02:58, March 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Things like "DR04-FR188"? My bot actually just added a category to them. They were created by TTF.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 13:45, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Well, apparently batch delete script doesn't work any more. And I don't have the bot installed into this computer. That could be a problem. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 14:10, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
If you could somehow have access to the online colored YGO manga, would you mind finding out a way to download the pages (as opposed to screenshotting them)? I ask this considering how you managed to find stuff from YGO Duel Arena. Do you have some other private form of communication where I could relay this to you, like Skype or Discord? --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 23:44, May 10, 2016 (UTC)
- I should be able to forcefully download stuff. I need a link though.
- I don't use any, but I do swing by here every now and then. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 02:58, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
- Yeah, see, that's the problem. The owner of this 1 account has access to all the colored YGO manga, but I'm not about to post the account name and password here... I need some way of sending a private message to you. Idc if it's a junk throwaway account, just anything. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 04:54, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
- Could just send me an email then. firstname.lastname@example.org
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 04:57, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
- Replied. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 00:29, May 14, 2016 (UTC)
Sent another email to you. Once you reply, could you notify me on my Talk Page please? Thanks. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 01:02, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Again. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 04:15, June 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Bumping this, in case you may have seen already but somehow forgot or misunderstood - I found another possible way, and I sent an e-mail to you on June 21 or 22, idk which. On an unrelated note, there's apparently an upcoming Nintendo 3DS game slated for release in North America on July 12th: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD. Something you might be interested in for Mentions in other media, since it has a "Duelist" class that seems to consist of obvious YGO references, though idk if you have a 3DS already (I don't). --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 22:51, June 29, 2016 (UTC)
- The link to mega didn't work. So I thought I'd try it later. Then I was very busy. Well, the link still doesn't work.
- I don't have a 3DS either. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 23:55, July 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Another e-mail sent. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 21:11, July 6, 2016 (UTC)
- There's no new mail. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 14:05, July 10, 2016 (UTC)
- Sent again (it shows the original e-mail already sent). --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 14:15, July 10, 2016 (UTC)
- Also, for that screenshot you submitted, it apparently translates to kuzuryuu (Nine head dragon, or hydra). --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 19:59, July 10, 2016 (UTC)
- The last email from you is still the one fro 22/6 with 2 links, fireden and mega.
- I should have noticed. No wonder they look familiar. It's the same as the ones that appeared in "Waiting in the Summer".
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 00:08, July 11, 2016 (UTC)
- Can't fail this time. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 15:15, July 11, 2016 (UTC)
- So you want to know how to use it?
- Well, the easiest way would probably be, rename the extension part from .nw to .zip, the extract it with winrar or something.
- Then there's a file called index.html which you can open in your browser.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 14:20, July 12, 2016 (UTC)
- But what about the image urls themselves? I saw a screenshot in the first e-mail you sent me, which looks like you found a way to identify the urls. Could you tell me that as well too? Either by e-mail or replying here, please. Thanks. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 19:28, July 13, 2016 (UTC)
- Well, with that method, I don't get an actual url. Instead, I get something starting with "data:image/jpeg", which doesn't allow me to use that tool. Idk if it's because I'm not using Windows. Have you actually tried the tool out yourself? (Sorry for the repetitive back-and-forth.) --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 06:28, July 15, 2016 (UTC)
- But even with the link it doesn't work. http://delivery.store007-access-company.com/production/delivery/SHSA_ST01A61858701401_57_a6f2dc228cf2f2dd7b32479c9b2ce10a09665484e8963382b8f8bec8d3cf9092/100/epub_brws_omf/VGA/00/OPS/images/08_618587_872311_2_029_001.jpg
- And if the downloader doesn't work on the link with the whole manga at once, then isn't it faster to just screenshot each page? -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 06:50, July 15, 2016 (UTC)
Mentions in other media
Regarding the above conversation, I guess I'll wait patiently to see how other people managed to use the program to download the full resolutions. In any case, chapter 24 of this is an obvious YGO reference. However, idk if the "comic" is considered "mainstream" enough to merit a spot on the mentions page. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 16:12, July 16, 2016 (UTC)
- idk, there is a comics section on the page though. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 06:56, July 18, 2016 (UTC)
YGO Duel Links
Could you help out with retrieving the assets? Sending e-mail. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 21:39, September 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Android apps can be extracted with WinRAR, if it bugs, then you'll need APK Tool to extract it.
- However, considering the file size, it's relatively small for a ygo game... so I'd assume that more data will be downloaded as you run the game. In that case, you will need to install it on your phone or Bluestacks. Either way, you'll probably need root access. So root your phone or download a pre-rooted version of Bluestacks. After the game's downloads are done, use a file explorer app that can be used with root access, like ES File Explorer. Navigate to /data/data/"game's folder name" which I think would be "jp.konami.yugiohmobile", might be something else. That's where the data is stored.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 08:32, September 9, 2016 (UTC)
- I don't have access to it on a traditional mobile device, so I've been unable to obtain root access using that 1 program. There's also another detail I've mentioned in a reply e-mail. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 19:53, September 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Any chance you've made any progress, if you've tried at all? --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 03:48, September 18, 2016 (UTC)
YGO Duel Generation
It's received a new update, including a new F/L List... and with a new F/L List, comes new Decklists. Would you mind doing a datamine again? It can be an entire dump, not just Decklists. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 01:51, February 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Think they were encrypted, then I didn't look further. I'm not that familiar with android stuff yet. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 13:24, April 23, 2017 (UTC)
TF/WC card lists
Hey Falzar, is there any chance you remember whether the Tag Force and World Championship games used the exact same card lists? If each game used the entire list of the previous game, wihout removing any cards, it means we can make assumptions about which games a card appeared in, similarly to how we can do so for the first four Duel Monsters games (which shared their card lists in the way I'm hoping the Tag Force/World Championship games did). (Note that I'm not expecting the list to be shared between the TF series and the WC series (though it'd be awesome if it was), but only within each series; this question is also about the whole card list, not the forbidden/limited lists.) 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 15:22, April 19, 2017 (UTC)
- There are some differences, at the moment I only remember that maybe Tag Force (and maybe WC on GBA) has Guardian Kay'est and the 5 original Guardian monsters but World Championship on DS does not. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 13:24, April 23, 2017 (UTC)
- Are the card lists identical between games within the same series, though? It doesn't surprise me that there are differences between the TF and WC series, so I'm more interested in whether e.g. TF1 and TF3 shared a card list, or WC7 and WC11, etc. If this is the case, it means we can automatically determine a bunch of game appearances for a bunch of cards, since a card appearing in one game in a series would mean it appears in all later games in that series as well. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 15:45, April 23, 2017 (UTC)
- If it's the same series and platform, then I don't remember cards being removed.
- If either one of the series or platforms are different, then there can be cards removed.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 00:07, April 24, 2017 (UTC)
- All right, thanks for the confirmation. Unless someone else chimes up with a counterexample, I guess we can just assume the card lists don't change and deal with any potential fallout from there. =D 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 15:54, April 24, 2017 (UTC)
Hi, recently I was cleaning out and I found a misprint card. It has the code, picture, and element for Trust Guardian. However, it has the name and description of Dread Dragon. Also, the entire card is foiled. Also, it seems real because it came in a shrink-wrapped tin and there are no faults on the back. Anyway, was hoping if you could guess how much it’s worth.[[File:02279C73-A302-4D46-B271-6BDF8F13C24D.jpeg|thumb]]
Just letting you know about the fork that was done in January: Forum:Proposal to Fork to Yugipedia. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 00:26, February 20, 2018 (UTC)
- Didn't know, ty but "Username entered already in use. Please choose a different name." when creating account and "There is no user by the name..." when resetting password. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 12:23, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
Good to see an admin on lately. Can you help with Category: Candidates for Deletion? All other admins have forked to Yugipedia. 0123456789 The Great (talk • contribs) 14:20, July 19, 2018 (UTC)
- Correcting link. The page was tagged for deletion, humorously enough. ☺ Energy X ☻ 10:15, September 15, 2018 (UTC)
While You're Here
We've had some pretty bad vandalism recently, notably with some sockpuppet accounts (Exodius5680, 6380 and more recently Exodus8790). I'd urgently request you to block their latest account and prevent them from making new ones.
https://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/User:Otigreo has also been creating nonsense pages. and ignoring warnings not to post such content.
This user has been uploading fan-made content despite warnings on their talk page and needs to be blocked as well. https://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/User:Igormarx1992?flow=create-page-article-redlink --MasterMarik (talk • contribs) 21:36, July 29, 2018 (UTC)