Hi I noticed that you wereable to put the Ice Barrier pics into there archetype page. I tried to do the same thing with the worms and couldn't. I was wandering if you could maybe tell me how.
- I just made a collage of artwork from prominent members of the archetype. The Pope 16:12, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
The translations from NeoArkCradle are not official. They have a group of people that translate the names just as we have here.
I just want to know how sure are you that cats make a "Mew" sound.
As far as I know, Japanese cats go "Nya~" or "Nyan". Also, if you look at the card's name, it is [ミィルフィーヤ] as in "Mirufīya". It is a short "Mi" sound. Talk to the Turtle) 00:15, July 16, 2012 (UTC)- (
- I'm guessing it's because they couldn't do a "Nya" with "Mille-feuille", and "Mew" is the English equivalent of a cat's meowing noise. Plus, "Miru" can be broken down to "meeruu", "meeyuu", "Mew". The Pope 00:35, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
- So basically, you are taking a wild guess. No offence but it just sounds to far-fetched for me. Talk to the Turtle) 00:38, July 16, 2012 (UTC) - (
- a) It sounds like it phonetically, b) We now know it's an "animal noise" theme with whatever the hell the dog's name is, and c) It's better than "Mille-feuille", which has no pun. The Pope 00:44, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
I assuming you don't know much about Japanese pronunciation. The "Miru" is pronounced very quickly so it sounds nothing like "Mew". Also, compare the card's name [ミィルフィーヤ] "Mirufīya" with the Japanese name for "Mille-feuille" which is [ミルフィーユ] "Mirufīyu". Do you notice the difference?
That is the reason why nobody has been certain about its translated name.Talk to the Turtle) 01:03, July 16, 2012 (UTC)- (
- If anything, we know that it's not "Mille-feuille" because it has to have an animal noise pun. I say just leave it as is until the TCG version comes out and we have an official English name. The Pope 01:24, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
- You do know that "leaving it as it is" means leaving it as "Madolche Mille-feuille". Many other sites are also using this name. There's no rule that there has to be animal sounds in its name. 2 other cards with them in it doesn't confirm much. Talk to the Turtle) 01:38, July 16, 2012 (UTC) - (
- It kind of does. We know full well that they are all pun-based names, and with poop dog, we now know that they're all animal noises. And as much as I hate Dueling Network, it does have a point that it was more accurate than this site was on Mew-feuille's name. Besides, just because "other sites use this name" doesn't make it write. If anything, it'll set more people up for disappointment when Konami of America inevitably changes it to a meow-based pun. The Pope 01:40, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
I think you are still missing my point. There's a reason why many people that understand Japanese well are hesitant on changing its name. The only part of its name that shows any sign of wordplay is the end part with the [フィーヤ] "fīya". Why are you so confident about [ミィル] being "Mew"? Talk to the Turtle) 01:45, July 16, 2012 (UTC)- (
- Because the two are still close enough phonetically, and because they wouldn't make the archetype with every single monster having a name pun, yet leave out one monster for no reason. Now please don't revert it back; we don't need an edit war. The Pope 01:46, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Ok then. I give up. Talk to the Turtle) 01:50, July 16, 2012 (UTC) - (
RE: Could I get your help with something?
People can only move 2 pages per time and then they have to wait for a short time in order to move another 2 pages, and so on. So it looks like that you had already moved 2 pages and that's why it didn't let you move the Card Tips:Madolche Mew-feuille page too. This page looks ok now by the way, someone else moved it to the right name. ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 05:49, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
RE: Haven't gotten any feedback for Featured Card
Unfortunately, I don't play nowadays, so I can't really give feedback, nor am I a good writer, so I can't really suggest any ways to improve things.
Usually around here, if a large majority agrees, then just go ahead. If there are no objections and no comments after a long time, go ahead, but it's better to have an edit summary linking back to the forum post.
"Admin" just means they have more tools to use, the final decision shouldn't be made by one alone, nor do they have a greater influence in a decision.
I you have a problem on deciding on which card to do it on, but have a list of probable cards, perhaps use a poll. (see Help:Poll)
-Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 01:25, July 17, 2012 (UTC)
- It's just that nobody has done a featured card in months, and I think I'd have a lot to say about Puddingcess. It'd be nice to highlight new cards that need attention, as opposed to stuff like Red-Eyes and whatnot that we all know about. The Pope 03:08, July 17, 2012 (UTC)
Featured Card Issues
- Your featured card article wasn't terrible, but there are a few glaring issues that I thought I should address with you.
- First of all, I don't think you should be referring to the metagame when you are reviewing a card that is basically completely casually-oriented. Regardless of what your personal opinion is, Madolche have shown no signs of being relevant to the metagame at all, and likely never will, so talking about the metagame in the article shows a lack of knowledge on the subject to an experienced reader. The articles are meant to showcase the uses of relevant cards, they should not include information that is incorrect or misleading.
- Randomly using other cards that are "similar" as examples: There's not much point in doing this. As a reader, I was wondering why you were referencing cards like "Number 8: Heraldic King Genome Heriter" and "Zombie Master" when they have no connection to the featured card. There are other ways of wording these sentences without referencing irrelevant cards.
- Talking down to the player: I personally try to talk up to the player in all of my articles, but you do this thing where you emphasize basic Yu-Gi-Oh! mechanics, such as choosing targets after resolution and needing a target in the Graveyard before you can use the effect. These are things that the reader should know, and considering you've written half a paragraph on each, it can come across as slightly obnoxious. It also comes across as extra fluff to extend the length of the article.
- You should talk about how to summon her before you go into the twists and turns of her effects. Obviously, the reader needs to be reassured that this card can be easily summoned before you talk about how potentially good it is. Personally, I think you failed to accomplish that. You only listed 1 way of summoning Tiaramisu, and that's with Ultimate Offering, a Continuous card that is pretty awful in the current format.
- You randomly talk about Synchros in the article, but don't mention how Madolche are capable of running them. Which Tuners do they have strong synergy with, if any? Which Synchros could they effectively run?
- "Madolche Ticket" has a glaring flaw in that its primary use should be to speed up the deck so you can summon Tiaramisu. Once you have summoned Tiaramisu, Ticket becomes far less useful. I would have instead talked about Ticket in the summoning portion of the article, and talked about how it helps gather monsters and adds speed for the Xyz Summon, especially considering that speed is something Madolche struggle with.
- All in all, it was an okay article, but it wasn't that informative, and rather "matter-of-fact"-esque. The point of me bringing this to your attention was because I've been handling the Featured Card articles for the last year or so, minus "Rescue Rabbit"'s, and I expect a certain standard. You elected yourself, and chose a card that, IMO, wasn't suited for being a Featured Card because of lack of interesting material to talk about, and if you choose to do this again, please keep these points in mind.--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 11:50, July 28, 2012 (UTC)
- And that wasn't stated in the article, but virtually everything runs "Effect Veiler" and outside of dedicating 2 or 3 spots (if even that) in your Extra Deck to Synchros, it isn't clever to run them with only it as your main Tuner.--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 11:55, July 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Rather, I'm not going to make a million edits to an article after it's been published, and I think it's fine as is. The Pope 14:23, August 19, 2012 (UTC)
Mermail Abysslinde Article
Hey so, you wrote the article for November I see. I went ahead and published your article into the forums, for other people to read. Hope you don't mind, I mean the wiki a while backed wanted to start a committee to review these articles before they went out into the world for everyone to see. We wanted to make it as accurate as possible.
The same can be said for removing it. Currently you are the only one removing them. Also, I gave multiple reasons, not "a" reason. They can be proven as well if you checked.
There were no other responses since not many people check the help desk. I'll move it to the Wiki Community Discussion (where it should have been placed) and see what happens.
-Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 20:00, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
Tag Force 4
I was just wondering, did you get your Tag Force images (that you uploaded in 2011 or thereabouts) from the English or Japanese version of the game? --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 01:52, May 27, 2013 (UTC)
I Know This Is Really Late, But...
Who are you?The Pope 14:19, March 9, 2014 (UTC)