On this page I intend to keep some CAC's, and some pack ideas, inc. content, rarity distribution and maybe some of the marketing stuff, product descriptions and the like. If you have any suggestions on how some of the CAC's/Anime-IRL card effects should be improved, please feel free to post on my talk page.
Ultimate Zexal Pack
In this section I intend to have the proposed/predicted effects of the cards included in the Ultimate Zexal Pack.
ZXUP-EN083 - Number 14: Greedy Sarameya
- If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with less ATK than the destroyed monster.
A fairly simple card to put into the game, it has solid attack points on its own so making a simple destroyer makes some sense.
ZXUP-EN084 - Number 21: Frozen Lady Justice
- This card gains 1000 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; any number Defense Position monsters your opponent controls up to the number of Xyz Materials attached to this card, and if you do, any battle damage inflicted to your opponent through battle with this card is halved.
Simply changed the all defence position monsters destroyed to destroy monsters up to its material count. I feel like this would balance the card out a bit because with the potential of high attack though cards like Overlay Regen and Overlay Break, giving the ability to clear all monster card zones seems a bit to much. The half battle damage restriction also serves to prevent games from ending too fast.
ZXUP-EN085 - Number 23: Lancelot, Ghost Knight of the Underworld
- This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts battle damage through a direct attack: Target one face-up monster your opponent controls: Destroy that target. During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a monster effect: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate that effect.
Another not so tricky monster to transfer over IMO. Reducing the number of monsters that it can destroy is simply a balancing mechanism, where as removing the attack point restriction seems reasonable to me as at double its original attack would be 4000, and there are very few monster that have more than that. Also changed the effect negation to only monster effects to make it a complete monster counter, and only that.
ZXUP-EN086 - Number 28: Titanic Moth
- When this card successfully attacks your opponent directly: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each card in their hand.
Frankly, I can't find much to change with this card, the direct attack restriction prevents it being completely abusable, where as the 500 damage per card also seems reasonable for a Rank 7 monster, well it does now that D-Ruler decks are dying of a bit.
ZXUP-EN088 - Court Battle
- Each time a monster you control destroys an opponents monster by battle: Place one 'Scale Counter' on this card. Once per turn; when a Xyz Monster you control would activate and effect by detaching exactly 1 Xyz Material: You can remove one 'Scale Counter' from this card instead.
Defiantly one I'm not sure of, but this is the best I could think of in regard to making Court Battle a thing. Making it's effect a counter based 'Number 19: Freezadon' seemed like the best option, especially with the need for battle based destruction, as it allows for a less limited use of an Xyz monsters effects, which is useful for some, whilst not making it a free service.
And Some CAC's...
In this section I will be coming up with some of my own card ideas, revolving around some of the Characters from the anime.
- WARNING: These will be rather mediocre at best.
Number 71: Sub-Zero Sovereign
- Rank 5/Water/Winged Beast/Effect/Xyz Monster
- 2 or more Level 5 Water Monsters
- Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Special Summon one Level 5 Water Winged-Beast Monster from your Hand or Graveyard. This card gains the following effects based on the number of Water Winged-Beast Monsters you control;
- 1+ You opponent cannot select this monster as an attack target.
- 2+ This card cannot be targeted by your opponents card effects.
- 3+ This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.
- 4+ If this gains 300 ATK points for each Water Winged-Beast monster you control.