On this page I intend to keep some CAC's, and some pack ideas, inc. content, rarity distribution and maybe some of the marketing stuff, product descriptions and the like. If you have any suggestions on how some of the CAC's/Anime-IRL card effects should be improved, please feel free to post on my talk page.
Ultimate Zexal Pack
In this section I intend to have the proposed/predicted effects of the cards included in the Ultimate Zexal Pack if/when they are to see the light of the OCG/TCG.
ZXUP-EN032 - Galaxy Stealth Dragon
- You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster with 2000 or less ATK from your hand or graveyard.
I've tried to keep Galaxy Stealth Dragon in tune with his anime effect, but make it simultaneously better and not so broken. The not so broken part; limiting it to 2K monsters means that it will no be able to summon REDMD for free. We hand Dragon.Format a sometime back, I doubt people will want another one. The better part; extending it to from the graveyard as well as from the hand means that all the dragons in the graveyard have an extended use rather than just sit there and wait to be D-Ruler fodder.
ZXUP-EN034 - Number 1: Gate of Numeron
- When a 'Number' Xyz Monster you control battles an opponents Monster; target that monster and detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Double the attack of that 'Number' Monster until the End Phase of this turn. Other Monster you control cannot attack the turn you activate this effect, except for the target monster.
OK, this is probably going to be my worst one. Firstly, the name change is because I feel like the 4 of these would be given the Meklord treatment and put into one monster, making the number in its name kinda redundant. Secondly, the effect is an attempt to make it both usable, chaining from Numeron to Number monsters, and balanced, only letting that monster attack is balanced IMO because we do have power houses like Number 62 lurking around the place.
ZXUP-EN035 - Number C1: Gate of Chaos Numeron
- You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 1: Gate of Numeron" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; banish all other monsters you control. During your next Standby Phase after this effect was activated: inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the combined ATK on the field of all monsters banished by this card's effect.
ZXUP-EN037 - Number 51: Infection Baal Zebul Once per turn: You can attach 1 "Number" monster from either player's Graveyard to this card as an Xyz Material, this card must have Xyz Material(s) to activate and resolve this effect. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target, and if you do, if that card was a monster, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's original ATK.
ZXUP-EN040 - Number 2: Shadow Mosquito Ninja
ZXUP-EN045 - Number 3: Cicada King
ZXUP-EN050 - Number 4: Stealth Kragen
- Once per turn: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target, and if you do, inflict damage to the controller equal to half its original ATK, if it was a WATER monster, inflict damage equal to its original ATK. If this card is destroyed, while it has Xyz Material(s): You can Special Summon "Stealth Kragen Ephyra" from your Graveyard. If this card is destroyed with 2 or more Xyz Materials attached; attach this card from your graveyard to the Special Summoned monster as Xyz Material.
ZXUP-EN051 - Stealth Kragen Ephyra
- Once per turn: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target, and if you do, inflict damage to the controller equal to half its original ATK, if it was a WATER monster, inflict damage equal to its original ATK. If this card is destroyed, while it has Xyz Material(s): You can Special Summon "Number 4: Stealth Kragen" from your Graveyard. If this card is destroyed with 2 or more Xyz Materials attached; attach this card from your graveyard to the Special Summoned monster as Xyz Material.
A middle of the ground pair to do IMO. But I think I have it down. Un-restricting the destruction effect seems like a decent idea as it allows the pair to be used used side of niche games, however restricting full damage to only WATER monsters seems like a better way of keeping some of its anime flavour. The destruction effect, my version not the anime, could probably do with some work though.
ZXUP-EN083 - Number 14: Greedy Sarameya
- If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with less ATK than the destroyed monster.
A fairly simple card to put into the game, it has solid attack points on its own so making a simple destroyer makes some sense.
ZXUP-EN084 - Number 21: Frozen Lady Justice
- This card gains 1000 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; any number Defense Position monsters your opponent controls up to the number of Xyz Materials attached to this card, and if you do, any battle damage inflicted to your opponent through battle with this card is halved.
Simply changed the all defence position monsters destroyed to destroy monsters up to its material count. I feel like this would balance the card out a bit because with the potential of high attack though cards like Overlay Regen and Overlay Break, giving the ability to clear all monster card zones seems a bit to much. The half battle damage restriction also serves to prevent games from ending too fast.
ZXUP-EN085 - Number 23: Lancelot, Ghost Knight of the Underworld
- This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts battle damage through a direct attack: Target one face-up monster your opponent controls: Destroy that target. During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a monster effect: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate that effect.
Another not so tricky monster to transfer over IMO. Reducing the number of monsters that it can destroy is simply a balancing mechanism, where as removing the attack point restriction seems reasonable to me as at double its original attack would be 4000, and there are very few monster that have more than that. Also changed the effect negation to only monster effects to make it a complete monster counter, and only that.
ZXUP-EN086 - Number 28: Titanic Moth
- When this card successfully attacks your opponent directly: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each card in their hand.
Frankly, I can't find much to change with this card, the direct attack restriction prevents it being completely abusable, where as the 500 damage per card also seems reasonable for a Rank 7 monster, well it does now that D-Ruler decks are dying of a bit.
ZXUP-EN088 - Court Battle
- Each time a monster you control destroys an opponents monster by battle: Place one 'Scale Counter' on this card. Once per turn; when a Xyz Monster you control would activate and effect by detaching exactly 1 Xyz Material: You can remove one 'Scale Counter' from this card instead.
Defiantly one I'm not sure of, but this is the best I could think of in regard to making Court Battle a thing. Making it's effect a counter based 'Number 19: Freezadon' seemed like the best option, especially with the need for battle based destruction, as it allows for a less limited use of an Xyz monsters effects, which is useful for some, whilst not making it a free service.
And Some CAC's...
In this section I will be coming up with some of my own card ideas, revolving around some of the Characters from the anime.
- WARNING: These will be rather mediocre at best.
Number 71: Sub-Zero Sovereign
- Rank 5/Water/Winged Beast/Xyz Monster/Effect
- 2 or more Level 5 Water Monsters
- Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Special Summon one Level 5 Water Winged-Beast Monster from your Hand or Graveyard. This card gains the following effects based on the number of Water Winged-Beast Monsters you control;
- 1+ You opponent cannot select this monster as an attack target.
- 2+ This card cannot be targeted by your opponents card effects.
- 3+ This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.
- 4+ If this gains 300 ATK points for each Water Winged-Beast monster you control.
Number 75: Photon Speeder
- Rank 4/LIGHT/Warrior/Xyz Monster/Effect
- Once per turn; you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Target one monster you control; it can attack your opponent directly this turn.