|This page is an archive. Please do not edit this archive, instead try editing the page this archive originated from.|
That was what I was going to say. -BF2
DFF - Resk
Had RL stuff, sorry about gone, Am back, & good job managing stuff while I was away, and getting peoples etc,
- Ty, Was just trying it out, might be an idea to consider to say who did the decks in the header as well as the content?
- -Resk (✩)( ☯) 23:45, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
- I dislike the concept of 1, but that's mostly because I would be unwilling to do so. Though I don't see why it has to be a part of DFF, there seems to be no reason why members couldn't help people get better at deckbuilding, then just get them to take test as normal :3
- 2 seems good, though I doubt people would apply .-.
Cloudians and Verz
Cloudian Synchro: http://i.imgur.com/HWUbI.jpg (You can call it Dewloren's Clouds or something like that)
The deck works by getting Convulsion of Nature as quickly as possible. From there, tons of advantage is gained through Oath and Diviner. Diva gives easy Synchros and searches Diviner. The Cloudians are important as a Synchro Engine as well, and combo with Fishborg Launcher. Launcher can be sent to the grave with Nimble Sunfish and allows access to Dewloren, the deck's key card, who can bounce Oath, used Chains, and dead CotH to gain even more advantage. It is not uncommon to hold as many as 9-10 cards in your hand with this deck or to get a Dewloren with 3500 or 4000 ATK points.
Verz + Steelswarm Hybrid: http://i.imgur.com/aj0YF.jpg (Stag Strength?)
This deck uses Tour Guide, Monk, and Castor to Xyz Summon Rank 3's and 4's, Ophion being the obvious goal to lockdown Synchros and grab Contagion, a great toolbox card that can even be used on your opponent's turn. Armageddon Knight sends your high-level monsters to recover later with Recurring Nightmare and also gets Scout in the grave to use for fodder like Treeborn Frog. Girastag is awesome to get rid of pesky cards and receive a nice LP boost bonus, and Moth comes in handy for multiple Synchros/cards you can't get past. Caller is awesome fodder, because it becomes a Reborn Tengu when it's tributed, and it's searchable by Monk and can be used with Castor for a quick Xyz. Upstarts (while being discardable for Monk) speed the deck up, effectively bringing it down to 37 cards. I know it's not a requested Rabbit Chaos Zone build, but I couldn't make it work nearly as well as this.
This technically isn't correct, but the current best way to use Convulsion on DN is to banish the top card of both decks and turn off auto-draw. That way you can recover the cards from your RFP zone. Also, if you happen to need to shuffle the deck, don't forget to add the banished card back, shuffle, and banish a new one. xD If you want, just play around with my Dewloren deck to get the hang of it before you build your Convulsion deck. Let me know if you have any more questions. Have fun drawing 2-4 times per turn. :P Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 14:55, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Screams while jumping up and down* Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I put my heart and soul into those deck and while i may not be the best yet i plan on learning from you guys till I am. I will not make you regret your decision to make me a deckbuilder!
I know I already put up this request before but could you possibly put sample decklists for each deck-type and archetype, and put them on their respective pages so that beginners can understand their structure and duel with them too. Also, I will not be puting any more requests because that would be betraying my duel academy. Finally, try to handle each deck-type as a deck request, and don't forget to update them. Thank you! Guardmaster (talk • contribs) 22:52, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
Actually nvm. ll continue with my deck requests.
Yea, go ahead and post Resk's build. I have my build finished, but haven't had the time to post it (should be posted by tomorrow). I've been busy as of late, but should be more active by the end of the week. Elite Wolf (talk • contribs) 17:16, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
hey i was wondering if you could help me with my deck. here's my list flammill 2 flamvell archer 2 flamvell baby 3 flamvell firedog 2 flamvell grunika 3 flamvell magician 2 flamvell poun 2 necro gardna 2 neo flamvell shaman 3 ryko, lightsworn hunter 1 charge of the light brigade 1 dark hole 1 foolish burial 2 gold sarcophagus 1 heavy storm 1 magical stone excavation 1 monster reborn 3 mystical space typhoon 3 rekindling 2 bottomless trap hole 1 mirror force 2 compulsory evacuation device
2 catastor 2 black rose dragon 1 brionac 1 red dragon archfiend 3 stardust dragon 1 kachi kochi dragon 2 number 17: leviathan dragon 1 number 39: utopia 1 steelswarm roach
Afraid not, seems I deleted it from my DN :3
Also, I assume you know you can't make Rainbow Neos with Miracle Fusion as it's not an E-Hero :3
Continue with sample decklists
Hey Ace. This time I'm SURE I want you to do sample decklists for each archetype and deck type. Please put them in their respective Articles (not Deck Guides, ad they are unfinshed). Still, i will continue my Character deck requests, but those u do not have to do (unless u want to). Guardmaster (talk • contribs) 19:02, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
I know it's a huge project, but you are the best deckbuilders i know, and right now I'm a horible one, and there probably are others like me out there. Besides, you already built tons of decks on DFF so you have a lot of experience. Also, If somebody asks for a deck type an article already has, you can easily just tell them to look in the respective article, making less work for you. So could please build samples? Guardmaster (talk • contribs) 22:46, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
Awesome Inzektor deck from Japanese Site
Hey Ace, I'm just here to show you a Inzektor deck from pretty much the same japanese site I got the Rescue Rabbit/Dark Gaia hybrid. Here it is:
Wolf's T.G. Quasar in archives?
I'm sorry to bother you Ace, but I noticed that you said that Wolf made a T.G. Quasar build for DFF and its in the archives. I checked archives 14-16 and didn't find it, I'm not sure if it was taken out of the archives or if it was never posted, I figured I'd give you a heads up about that though. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 19:12, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Special Summons
That helps in some ways but still causes me some confusion. For example, Can "Black Horn of Heaven" negate a Special Summon which is part of a chain but is that last thing to occur? How is "Black Horn" different from "Bottomless Trap Hole"? Unless I am mistaken, the only Built-In Special Summons are cards that Special Summon themselves initially. All others are the "Effect Special Summon". Is this right? So Synchro Summons are Built-In because there is no chain and the monster Summons itself with the Materials. Would "Stardust Dragon" Special Summoning itself due to its negation effect be an "Effect Special Summon"? --LordGeovanni- (Talk To Me) *Kupo* 00:49, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Deck Guides?
Right now all I can think of is:
- REDU stuff
All good. You can leave in Geargia if you want.23:48, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
I Have 100 Edits.
Gah. Huge apologies for being away for so long. I damaged part of my spine, so I had to spend quite a long time away from basically anything. I'll get back to DFF in another couple days, I'm nearly fully recovered, but I still can't sit down for long periods of time so I'm gonna try and stay away from my laptop for a day or two. My friend came and visited me a lot and we discussed deck ideas en masse (he's made about 40+ of these decks on my DN account), so hopefully my ideas and skills should be better than ever! AEtherchild (Talk|Contribs) 12:36, May 11, 2012 (UTC)
RE: Empty Jar?
Can I help somehow?
Hey, Ace. I don't dare apply to be a deckbuilder because, frankly, I'm not that great. But I might be able to help with some other small things - like taking a deck list and typing it into a deck template. I could also do some other small things if you can think of any. Would that be of any help at all? Let me know. ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 21:32, May 20, 2012 (UTC)
I basically am in the same position as -Kungfu-mama. I'm not on the wiki as much as I used to be because of AP exams and such, but I can help out with various housekeeping type things. I'm an okay deck builder, but I haven't been keeping track of the metagame in the last month or two. Mostly I just don't want to see DFF go because it's such a great resource for people to have
Just say the word...
BTW - I placed a link to a deck that seemed to fit the bill on the Lightray/Lightsworn request. Hope that was ok.
I copied the Lightray/Lightsworn deck I had linked to in DFF into deck templates for you. Figured it's easier to modify than type it all in. Hope that helps. ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 15:09, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Arcana Knight Joker Deck
Appoliges for dissapearing again, my laptop snapped in two, and only just managed to get one for consistant enough time to do more than checking e-mails :3
So i should be back more often, or at least come back once or twice a month & clear out backlogs :3
Sounds simple enough. So, in archive 13, the Food deck would get COPIED into the Theme gallery under 6F; the Traditional Elemental Hero deck would get COPIED into the Archetype gallery, under 2.2. And I need to watch for those decks that might go into two different places (Light Dragons, for instance). That about it? Let me know. FYI, if I've got this right, I'll try to start today, but I might not be able to begin until Tuesday (Memorial Day weekend stuff going on). ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 14:54, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
well, i know that.i am trying to find some time to add those deck versions also btw Zombiesworn will not be included because hybirds fall under strongest category (whick in that case should be featured in the LS guide).so i'll add Xyz Zombie,Zombie Beatdown,Zombie World and Zombie Synchro (i already said why no Zombie sworn) i also will try to add that ZombieDAD thing but its not 100% guaranteed.--LaserGhost (talk • contribs) 14:02, May 26, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, Ace. When there are 2 decks (or more) decks made by a deckbuilder due to requestor changes, should I archive both decks? I'm looking at the Pulsar Disaster build(s) by BF2. Nothing wrong with the first one EXCEPT the requestor didn't want LaDD. ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 18:40, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
Sure thing, Boss!
Good thing you caught me - I was about to start up again today. I'd just finished with the Quasar Dragon deck (under Monster and Archetype), and was about to do the Pulsar deck request. Normally I'd have done more, but this week was unusually busy for me. ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 15:31, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
RE: Sea Dragon Lord Gishilnodon
RE: Ojama Help?
-1 Junk, -1 MST, +2 Trag / Raigeki Break
But the traps seem fine, as that's all that fit really, 3 junk usually felt too much for me when i playtested,
Also, Red isn't actually needed, tri-wight is sometimes better, as red can be veilered :3
K. House painting is done, so I should have more time.
Gallery 14 questions
Okay, it seems to me that the Level 1 OTK Deck by Resk should go in the Theme gallery. Is that correct? If so, how should I label it? OTK? or Level 1 OTK? Let me know and I will move it.
Also, I did NOT move the Scrapsworns deck by Resk in here, since the version already in the galleries isn't all that different.
I'll add other questions as I come up with 'em.
Last question. I'm a bit confused about how to classify the Desert of Obelisk deck. Is it just an Earth deck? Exxod? Sphinx?
Th-th-th-that's all folks!
Round 2 Questions
- In the Banned deck request, there's an Overpowerd Deck by BF2. Looks like this should be placed in the galleries, but I'm not certain where. Maybe in the Theme section, under Mill?
- I'm feeling especially ignorant now. The Armed Djinn-Zorc deck here - I put it under a Dark heading in the Attribute/Type section. If it shouldn't go there, or if it should go some other place as well (monster gallery, Dark-Master Zorc and/or King of Armageddon? Seems like that's pushing it.) let me know
- Did not move the Neos by Bluedog & Edited by Resk (Sep 2011) deck, since it's so similar to the one already archived.
-That's it for today. Yeah, I realized it should have been ritual after I'd logged off. I mean Djinns - duh! Sorry.---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 16:45, June 5, 2012 (UTC) ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 14:45, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
Round 3 Questions
Not many questions this time. The requests are either getting more simple, or I'm getting better.
- The Nordic request - I did NOT move the Lords of the Aesir deck, since the original one in the galleries was so similar.
- The Clear World request - I simply placed this one under Dragon, since I couldn't find any specific Clear World heading anywhere.
- Made a Sacred heading in the Archetype section for the Sacred Beast deck since it appeared to fit the Archetype criteria. Please let me know if this wasn't the correct thing to do, and where the deck should have gone.
- re: Sacred v Constellar. Would it be worth it to leave a tag under Sacred pointing to the Constellar listing? There'll be others like me who've heard of Sacred Beasts and Constellar, but not aware that the first became the second.
- re: Wrong Deck moved. Glad you're double checking my work. I do read each listing before I open it up to copy and move, but I must have grabbed the wrong one. I'll work harder at being more careful.
- Yup. Have a section in the Archetype category labeled Sacred (or Sacred Beast, whichever is most appropriate). Underneath that heading simply have an entry that states - See: Archetype Gallery - Constellar. It's just a thought.
- So nothing in the original Monster and Theme galleries. Make sections in the Monster2 and Theme2 galleries as needed. And start moving stuff from Archive 15. Let me know if that isn't correct.---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 13:01, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Ice Barrier
I haven't done anything with Ice Barrier in quite a while, but your idea intrigues me. I might give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes if I do. Lappyzard (talk • contribs) 03:04, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
Gallery 15 Questions
Quick thought before I begin this. Instead of having a Monster1/Monster2 gallery, and Theme1/Theme2 gallery, wouldn't it be better to set things up like the Archetype gallery? So for the Monster gallery, you would have a secondary menu with a list of entries something like this:
- Forum:Decks for Free!/Monster Gallery A-C
- Forum:Decks for Free!/Monster Gallery D-F
Round 1 Questions
- Ok, so the Gurren Laggan Deck request. I wasn't sure where to put it. To me, it's a Quickdraw deck, which makes me think "theme" (I mean, dino-rabbit is a theme), but I didn't see any others there. Let me know, please. Thanks. ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 14:05, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
- The Red Dragon Archfiend deck. Wasn't sure if I should put that into a second gallery (other than monster). It really seems like it should go under some sort of Resonator deck listing too (like under Archetype or Attribute/Type), but I didn't see entries of that sort there.
- Yup. Hear you loud and clear, boss. I won't touch a thing until I hear from you again.---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 16:49, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Wow, you're quick. So I can start doing gallery work again tomorrow, right? ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 18:42, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, you never know what future cards/themes/etc might come out, do you? ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 22:18, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
Round 2 Questions
- The Allies of Justice Request: Didn't know if I should create an AOJ entry in the Archetype gallery, or simply move this one to the Genex entry.
- Stardust Dragon deck - Did NOT move this deck, since the request was filled with an updated Flamvell deck originally done by Resk (which was already in the archives).
- Demise, King of Armageddon for 2012 - Put this one only under the Malefic category in the Archetype gallery.
- Blaze Fenix, Burning Bombardment Bird request: I filed this under archetype/Elemental Heroes, since that's basically what this deck was about.
- Created Ally of Justice entry in Archetype gallery. Copied the deck in question there.
Round 3 Questions
- Verz request: I placed the Verz-Rabbit deck list under the theme/Dino-Rabbit category. I copied Stag's Cursed Strength under archetype/steelswarm.
- St Joan request: Copied this deck to the atttribute/type Fairy category.
- Sphinx Flip deck. Not sure what to do with this one. Should I make an entry in the Attribute/Type gallery and file it there?
- Banisharks: Filed this under attribute/type: Fish. Was wondering if it shouldn't go under Archetype:Windups too? The deck is about 1/2 and 1/2.
- Structured deck x 3 request - this was a Dark World request. Since both decks exist in the galleries already (the Demon's Roar is an updated version of the one in the gallery), I didn't copy over anything.
- Mammoth Lockdown/Team Unicorn request - Copied this one under archetype: T.G. Let me know if it should go elsewhere.
Round 4 Questions
Late start today due to tennis practice.
- Vampire Lord deck request - Filed this one under Zombies (it had several in it). Was thinking maybe it also out to go under archetype: Vampire, maybe? There's no vampire heading in the archetype gallery, though.
- Feathered Hero deck request - Copied this one to archetype: Blackwing, since it was basically a Blackwing deck. Let me know if it should also go under Elemental Heroes
- Ice Barrier Update request - Did not copy this deck anywhere, since the original version already exists in the galleries.
- Emergency Counter deck request - Copied both Psych Spell decks into the attribute/type: spellcaster gallery. NOTE: There are two Charmers decks in here both by you that look very similar. Should one of them be deleted?
- Billy deck request: Monk - Should this deck be filed under monster: Master Monk or monster: Monk? or somewhere else completely different?
- Geargia request - Should a Geargia entry be made in the archetype gallery, or should this one be filed under attribute/type: machine?
That's it. Won't remove the "to be galleried" designation until the above questions have been responded to. Sorry there are so many today, but I'd rather be over cautious than take a chance and get it wrong. ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 18:34, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Greed Quasar
Re: New Greed Quasar
- Sure, Sacred is fun! (Or as they're now known, Constellar.) It's a decent enough deck. Runer5h (talk • contribs) 23:59, June 13, 2012 (UTC)Runer5h
- The deck looks pretty good. My only critique right now is that you should drop the Brilliant for another Constellar Hyades. That card can take you immediately to Messier 7, and there's a neat combo that lets it beat Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning and Judgment Dragon. (Namely, summon Hyades, switch the opponent's monsters to DEF mode, Xyz change into Messier 7 and attack over your opponent's big monsters.) Runer5h (talk • contribs) 18:09, June 16, 2012 (UTC)Runer5h
New posiible recruit
I just recruited a deck builder from Yugioh Forums, but she doesn't have an account at wikia, so she made ZERO edits. However, your team is in need of builders so will u allow her to take the application? Guardmaster (talk • contribs) 10:58, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
Like i said, she doesn't have an account. As soon as she logs in ill tell u her username, and then u can tell her about Deck templates and how to make them 220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:17, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
Trying to be a ninja?
- Thanks, I just needed a fresh pair of eyes. And Lightpulsar is there for easy level 8 synchros and Red-Eyes abuse. Maybe just use 1? Elite Wolf (talk • contribs) 23:35, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
Can you help me?
Hey Ace, I see that you're having trouble with DFF as of recently. And I saw that you would help a deckbuilder by giving them some advice/pointers, and was wondering if there was anything you could do for me. I want to see if I could help you, but I seem to be lacking in skills compared to you and the other deckbuilders. I've always been impressed with the work with DFF, and I believe it would be a shame to have it shut down since it helps a lot of people (me included). Feel free to reply back to me if you feel if there is anything you could help me with, I'm on everyday so responding back shouldn't be a problem. Thank you for your time Ace. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 15:33, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks Ace, I'll read the guides as soon as I can. And if practice is really what helps then I'll be happy to accept a few decks to try and make, the only problem I might run into is the extra deck and side deck due to Xyz monsters and never using a side deck. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 19:43, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
I'll try to get the deck to you as fast as I can, since my computer doens't allow me to go on DN anymore. I use the library near me for that but I should be able to get it to you in a week or two. I'll make sure to do some research with the deck types I'm unfamiliar with. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 22:44, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
I made that Spaceship deck that you wanted, I found it to work really well while testing it. I'm just a little unsure of how to improve it.
Thanks Ace, I did research on the deck since I wasn't too sure of what cards to use, and I did change the name. Feel free to give me another practice deck to make, if I make progress with these decks then I will most likely apply for DFF. Oh and I just saw the message about the extra deck, and the only problems I have really is what Synchros and Xyz monsters to use since the Xyz monsters are new, and a lot of times I'm unsure if there are better choices than the ones I use. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 18:52, June 22, 2012 (UTC)
This look good for Template usage?
The template is very easy to use, so I believe I can work with it
BlazeLordX's Application test
Luckily, I was working on one last week, and had a few changes I wanted to add into it.
Deck making test.
I know this may not be the place to do this, but I was wondering if you could give me a practice deck to make, just to see how I would do. I know how to use the decklist template to some degree. I'm not applying for DFF at the moment, I just want to see how I would do.
There we go:
RE: Practice Deck #2
The deck seems pretty good, maybe a few changes would have been better. But it would work a lot like a Flamvell and Laval Synchro deck, with the volcanic engine to add more monster destruction. Tested really well with the matches that I've done. Also I'm sorry that this deck took a little while, you had me at my witts end coming up with this deck. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 16:43, June 26, 2012 (UTC)
I figured the extra damage would have helped, since the deck spams a lot and a fire monster would be on the field you could use Kurenai to add to the damage when you're done. But I'll take another deck, it seems to be helping me with my deckbuildin. Thanks a lot Ace. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 22:26, June 26, 2012 (UTC)
Part Time Job?
Hey Dark Ace. I know you will probably tell me to apply for the position on DFF but, with me having to watching the chat and all, I'm not sure I can handle that sort of commitment on top of my Chat Mod duties. So I was wondering if I was able to be a 'Part Time' deck maker until you get more recruits. I would be happy to be a staff member on DFF, but I'm not sure I can devote that much time to the cause. If you are willing to accept that I may not be on DFF everyday then I would be happy to apply. Not to mention exam revision.
I don't want to see DFF go as so many people have used the system, and have gained a lot from it.
- Sorry about that. I thought that question was rhetorical. It was there in order to set "Spirit Reaper" and "Sangan" in case I got into trouble. I will confess, that wasn't my best add and I have subsequently removed it from my DN deck. Just got to remove it from my profile now.
- I'm not quite sure how DFF works in the sense of who chooses which deck to edit. Do you mind explaining please? ----SuperSponge!!(Talk)(About me) 19:05, June 26, 2012 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure you already know this, but User talk:Pimpedoutsquash has sent in an application. Do what you need to do, and I'll give'em a deck to work on once you give the ok (and when I get back). Elite Wolf (talk • contribs) 06:51, June 28, 2012 (UTC)
Darkstorm Dragon Deck
How does this look?
This deck focuses on REDMD in order to Special Summon "Darkstorm Dragon". I feel the Tour Guides are necessary in order to give this deck stability. To keep the beat-down effect going I have add "Acid Golem of Destruction". "Ancient Rules" adds as a good card to summon BEWD, but it also acts as a good card to discard for "Darkstorm Dragon". "Metal Reflect Slime" is there to act as a good defensive card and it also acts as a good tribute fodder for the dragons in the deck.
This is what I managed to do on my second turn: 
- I'll get to work. I was unsure whether you wanted to go down the Chaos route. Perhaps I should have asked first. Yeah, I added Future Fusion and Five-Headed Dragon at the last minute when I uploaded the deck to DN. I just forgot to change the list on this Wiki. I must work on that Extra Deck as well. ----SuperSponge!!(Talk)(About me) 20:35, June 28, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, Ace. Just thought I'd check in to see how things are going - and to drop off a couple of ideas I had. You may have already done this, but, have you thought about messaging some of the original DFF people, like Tantara or Akiza, to come help out? Also, how about this - maybe you should set up some sort of rotational system with deckbuilders, something like 3 monthes on, one month off, so people don't burn out so quickly. Maybe that idea would sweeten the pot with the oldsters/originators?
Decks For Free
Hi, you may have seen my name before....or not. I'm a long time user of this wiki, and I'm on pretty much every day. It's sad how little activity there is in our forums these days. I've always wanted to become a deck builder, but I didn't make an application because I am not up to date with the meta. I do help out very frequently in the Deck Help section of the forum.
In my personal opinion I would say I'm a Fairy-type expert, and building themed decks is my strength. I do very poorly with mixed themes, such as Chaos Dragons, Twilight, Dino-Rabbits, etc.
Re: This should be fun?!
Hey Ace, I'm sorry about this deck taking a while. I'm just a little unsure of how to effectivly bring out Rasca. I know that there is Black Garden but then I would pretty much be remaking your deck in the archives. Also I've been a little busy with graduation parties and family stuff. So I'll try to get something together within the next few days. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 16:46, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
I know this probably isn't the best deck, since it has a few flaws to it, but it works. A little strange of a combination in my opinion. Some how it seems to catch people off gaurd since its not the average deck one would see.
Since Black Garden gives my opponent tokens, you could use that against them so they can't swarm the field with low levels, with Summoner Monk toss a spell that may be unneeded give them 2 tokens then Xyz into a rank 4 and then their field is pretty much taken care of. Rasca can be easily summoned when he gets into your hand with the amount of high attack power monsters and Snowman Eater that stay around for a little while. And when Rasca does hit the field there is usually an extra monster or 2 and 2-3 traps that may have been unneeded at the time, so his effect would be able to work most of the time is the opponent has the right amount of cards in their hand. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 16:18, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
I'll get something in my profile. But I was debating over putting in Super Poly or not, since I didn't really leave a lot of space for other cards, and I know that I put a lot of emphasis on the Hero part but I felt as if I needed something that could get Rasca out quickly while being able to hold its own without him out. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 19:19, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I think for now I'll just try to make some decks on my own that I've been wanting to try out, then most likely apply in a little while. Thanks for all your help Ace. Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 15:33, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
DFF Practice Test
Hey, sorry I haven't had much computer access recently, but I finally got to working on that flame tiger deck. Here it is.
Beast sould swap is mostly a tech, but if you don't want it in there just replace it with a reckless greed. Also, this deck is very capable of pulling off xyz's that require 3 monsters. Maniac56 (talk • contribs) 21:01, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
Practice Deck Opinions
There was actually supposed to be 3 Firedogs, I don't know what happened. Also, I feel as if you're just trying to turn my decks into decks from the articles. That Wilson guy's deck is anti-meta, while mine is meant to be slightly meta. Wild nature's release should always be activated with beast soul swap face down, so you can keep your monster and get a free and powerful attack. But in the future, what would stop me from just copying a tourny winning deck article for a request if I was a deckbuilder? Or is that the point? I'm not mad at all, I'm genuinely curious. Maniac56 (talk • contribs) 12:41, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
Practice Deck, Again
To be honest, I didn't realize that there were regular articles like this, and didn't even know that website existed until about 3 months ago, and didn't look at it enough to care about everything on there, so if you could do me a favor and post the url for the page with a table of contents or a list of the articles on there so i can start keeping up with those.
Also just a question, I don't like yellow baboon either that much, i put him in to take up space, but why isn't green baboon good? 1000 LP for a strong beatstick that can be equipped with a horn? I actually would rather use that and pay 1000 LP than pay half my life points or 2000 LP to stop one card when 1000 LP can help me get rid of a lot of monsters.
I read your recent WANTED Sign for Deck Builders and I've created a simple, yet rough 14 step guide for beginners and intermediates to become better Deck Builders. If you wish to check it out, I posted it on my TALK PAGE.
^^^^Oops. I forgot my Sig.
It is now 15 Steps.
Well I have to say I really enjoyed this deck for some reason.
Thoughts on your thoughts
Well, I added zero only because he's capable of so much, and only takes a future fusion to get out, and with the draw power of this deck, is pretty easy to get Also, I figured with all the destruction and protection the deck already has, it didn't need mst or solemns, but I have no idea where you got torrential from. Safe zone is there to help linx or yagan, which would provide excellent draw power, or create a small barrier with yagan and xex, respectfully. Also Future fusion helps power Ananta, tentacles, victory (which with nebula, is easy to get on the field) and monster reborn. And Return, it's fueled by Zero, Ananta, Tentacles, Yagan, and BLS, so I could just ignore that potential little otk. Seriously though, with the draw power in this deck, The solemns arent needed, but if you still wanted them, I guess you could drop a linx, victory, and a safe zone. But again, these are just my thoughts. Maniac56 (talk • contribs) 21:14, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
Future Fusion is a multi-purpose card, for zero and for fueling other cards effects. Ananta is also a great out to sticky situations when you need it, and you cant argue that a return before a major play isn't a good way to get rid of any facedown torrential or solemns, as well as being a way to continue if they do have an out to ananta. Like I said, you could probably take out a linx, victory, and safe zone for the solemns, and torrential isn't needed when the main backbone of the deck gets rid of any monster they might have, especially with how easy it is to spam it. Dealing with opponent's monsters is something this arch type doesn't have a problem with. Maniac56 (talk • contribs) 21:31, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
Ok, could you give me another deck to practice on? And don't be afraid to point out everything you don't like, Humanity would be no where if at least someone didn't point out another's flaws. Maniac56 (talk • contribs) 21:46, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for correcting my mistake on the Solemn Authority ruling query! Talk to the Turtle) 23:07, July 5, 2012 (UTC)- (
Thanks Dark Ace, I think a sub-page would be nice, so it could remove a bit of stress on the staff.
Also, I'll modifiy STEP 8 to be less confusing and offer an example; however, as for STEP 9, I was unable to post the link or place the link in the guide since it apparently wouldn't let me add the link to the post without it suggesting it was some sort of spam or autobot.
OH crap. I got really busy a few weeks ago and forgot I was even supposed to do it! I could still do it, I guess, but I'm not even entirely sure how to write guides. Like, I don't know how they're supposed to be formatted for here. --> Summoned Skull 2: Electric Boogaloo 08:30, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
little off topic, but would you by any means belive that by september 2011 list i was that noob who thought that MST negated stuff and royal decree can be chained to counter traps and i ran 60 card decks? yeah, im a guide writer who started playing while the plants where in the middle of their glory (late march 2011 format lol yeah pretty noob)--LaserGhost (talk • contribs) 12:34, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
is this about the guide? if so, then what is not good with it? I covered all the Zombie Strategies (except Zombiesworn which should be mentioned in the LS guide and the zombiemill which is already in the mill guide)--LaserGhost (talk • contribs) 12:51, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
i didn't mention Red heade oni for a simple reason, its better for synchros than xyz, yes, it increases the level but there is no reliable way to get another zombie to level 5, thats why is not good in Zombie Xyz--LaserGhost (talk • contribs) 13:26, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
- and btw, i am a big fan of you 4, (you,lappy,gadji,BF2)--LaserGhost (talk • contribs) 14:43, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
sorry for being annoying lately but since you are a pro can i have an opinion on this? since i have a habit of getting ignored whenever i post in the deck help forum.--LaserGhost (talk • contribs) 19:00, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
I need a fresh pair of eyes.
http://imgur.com/5ft8k (too tired to use the template)
The deck runs slowly. It's hard to add in defenses when Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes is taking up the space. The only thing I can think of is adding in Swords of Revealing Light and Worm Linx. Elite Wolf (talk • contribs) 06:16, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I've gave the requester an explaination about what's going on with the deck, so push come to shove, it's most likely going to be an Alien deck. Elite Wolf (talk • contribs) 02:51, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
DFF Test and Application
I'm working on User:Spongebob456's test deck, you'll have more info in a place far, far away. We also have a new applicant: User:Pervy End Dragon. Elite Wolf (talk • contribs) 02:57, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
- I found it wierd too, but unless it gets out of hand, it shouldn't be a big problem. Elite Wolf (talk • contribs) 03:12, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
I've been looking over them, and haven't found something that I have an idea of how to do. And I had one at some point, later in the day I will update my deck since it's probably 9 months old and really bad. BlazeLordX (talk • contribs) 05:01, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, Ace? Which one of the Blackwing decks in the archive would you consider the most competitive? And is there anything you would do to update it?
Let me know, please? Thanks.
It's a great idea - they swarm well, so why not XYZ? I just don't like bothering you is all, especially when you're so busy. That's why I try to keep it short and sweet.
- It's the same as on here. I always use the exact same name for everything, so if you see a BlazeLordX, it's probably me XD BlazeLordX (talk • contribs) 18:45, July 13, 2012 (UTC)
My computer took a crap, so I can barely get on anymore by borrowing my friend's laptop. The deck is proving difficult to build right, so if you could give me a specific kind of build that you'd suggest I try for this deck, that would be appreciated along wit any tips. I'll try to get on when I can, but that won't be much. Maniac56 (talk • contribs) 14:55, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
Wanna Join Duel Academy?
Hey Ace wanna join Durl Academy Forum? its a really cool forum that i told u about. It also has some tough dplayers as well. (You can still run ur FaF Academy though, since some of DA's Members also have theit own academys). There are tournaments, Card riddles, and much more! here's the link: http://www.duelacademy.net/ Guardmaster (talk • contribs) 15:30, July 15, 2012 (UTC)
Thunder End Dragon Deck Trial
As "Thunder End Dragon" is a unique Xyz monster for the fact that it requires Normal monsters as its material, I had to come up with a speedy way to summon Level 8 Normal Monsters fast. As so, I combined elements of the Blue-Eyes, Chaos Dragon, and Hieratic Archetypes in hopes to manufacture a formula that would generate such conditions that I may summon the primary monsters. Hope I did well. XD Xerdek! (talk • contribs) 17:19, July 15, 2012 (UTC)
A 3rd Scrap Beast helps out (almost the point of the deck), Tengu just isn't helpful at 2 (maybe a Level Eater taking it's place?), you don't need 3 Scrapyards as you really want the tuners in the grave (2 is alright), Decree into Safe Zone in decent size trap line-up. Fitting in Scrap Twin Dragon in the Extra Deck will give Scrap Golem more utility (doesn't hurt that it has a pretty good effect). I personally only like 2 Meklords in the deck, but that's me. Elite Wolf (talk • contribs) 02:50, July 17, 2012 (UTC)
Resk had a pretty cool build involving TGU and Photon Thrasher, I think I can remember most of it if you're interested, or you could just ask Resk. It only uses six Scraps though. If you want to keep the more Scrap-focused build, I'd say -1 Granel, -1 Orthros, -2 Safe Zone, +2 Call of the Haunted, +2 Fiendish Chain. And make sure you have Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger in your Extra, since you have Mind Control (take something, upgrade to Gaia to keep it; same principle as C39). Lappyzard (talk • contribs) 00:30, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
Flaming Star looks like a pretty cool archetype, but I don't think it will mix well with Scraps. Anyways, Resk's build was something like this.
This is roughly it, I'm not sure if Resk had Veilers, there was some spell that Resk didn't run, and the Trap lineup was way different from mine, but it's preference really. Anyways, that should give you the general idea: Thrasher functions as a LIGHT for BLS but more importantly as a Summoner Monk that can't be Veilered or Maxx C'd. Tour Guide makes Zenmaines so you can double pop with Scrap Dragon, along with all the other wonderful stuff TGU does, and it's the DARK for BLS. Lappyzard (talk • contribs) 04:43, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
Practice Deck: Harpies
Hey, I finally got on enough to build the deck, and I only dueled about 5 times before I got tired of waiting for my friend to come over, so here's the deck. I might be getting a laptop of my own soon, so hopefully that'll fix this.
Anyway, here's the deck
Well there it is. I have Hysteric Party at one, because it was a dead draw early game, and mid game there was too much that could be done to it. Late game however, its an OTK when set up right. No MSTs for obvious reasons. Apex avian and thunderbird, when protected, give you complete protection from most effects, so thats why I have Apex in there. Only 2 Egotists, just because 3 is too much, and when run in 3's, one of them is useless. Maniac56 (talk • contribs) 13:09, July 22, 2012 (UTC)
So what do you think?
Okay, i'm sorry, but a friendly argument is an order here. Bear with me, I'm only trying to learn and get better.
Every time I drew Apex, I had a way to easily summon him, thanks to elegant egotist, hunter owl stall, and hysteric party. I sorta understand though, and it was just a tech, because when I did pull it off, (which was 4/5 times thanks to backrow destruction) I was able to negate everything except for summons, which didn't matter because of the tremendous attack I built up with the various effects. But again, I can see your point.
Well Hunter owl was just too easy to get to 2000 atk, since a kamakiri toolboxed it and I just had to summon another monster. And if I use harpies and egotist, It'll be at least 2500. Also, 2 on the field meant a simple stall lockdown if I ever needed it, which would let me stall until I drew what I needed (such as hunting ground and a harpie).
Honestly, yes I did forget about falcon's broken effect, that was my fault. But I did at first use dark hole, but it never saw action, so I tossed it for space.
Do you remember Speedy Demon, my friend? He still watches me get on this site when I go over to his house. He pointed an interesting thing that I wanted to ask you about, since I already knew this and is why I didn't add Icarus Attack , checkout his test results for his mist valley deck, One of the reasons for a no is the use of Icarus Attack. Is it good or bad, I can't tell.
Also, the Torrential vs Mirror Force debate. I personally like mirror, since it doesn't wipe out your monsters, and they can't activate any monster effects or monster reborn like you can if they just use torrential.
I can see your point, although I would still argue with hunter owl. Hunting is main backrow destruction, but I had to use divine wind, because it let to some interesting combos. Anyway, could you give me another deck idea to practice on, or am I wearing you out? Maniac56 (talk • contribs) 04:17, July 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, Sorry. Well, can any other deckbuilder do the test? and yeah sorry again, good luck with the cold.--LaserGhost (talk • contribs) 09:08, July 26, 2012 (UTC)
RE: DFF rest.
I am leaving on holiday in two days and won't be back for another two weeks. Is that ok? Evolution is the key 19:37, July 26, 2012 (UTC)User:BROOKLYN RAGE!
Just wondering, do you know when Wolf will be back? I heard he went to nationals, and I hope he does well, but if it takes this long I'm not trying to go to nationals. Maniac56 (talk • contribs) 03:33, July 27, 2012 (UTC)
Be online more
Urg...Well, I was kinda hoping to duel u there and stuff, maybe u can get Gadjitron in charge of Deck Guides and someone else in charge of DFF. Besides, maybe u can get quite a few dp, through toyranments AND makin ur own deck shops. I really want u there Guardmaster (talk • contribs) 19:12, July 30, 2012 (UTC)
K well, good luck on my Manga Chazz request, and i also want Genesis Dragon in there, as i forgot to list him. Btw i can stil be able to summon dyson sphere right? Guardmaster (talk • contribs) 19:48, July 30, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry about my disappearing act, but I had to focus on other things for a bit. The decks are being worked on and should be completed in a day or two. Elite Wolf (talk • contribs) 04:49, July 31, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, I'm new to the Yugioh! Wikia, but I found the Decks for Free! Sign up. I'm confident in my skill as a deck builder for the most part but I still feel as if they could be refined. Do you guys have something like an apprentice program, where someone could study under one of the Deck Masters? If i could get some pointers, I would love to join the Decks for Free! Deck builders. Mr.OxyClean (talk • contribs) 05:02, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
Archiving Gallery 16 - Round 1:
- Put the Cannon soldier/Jam Breeding Machine Burn Deck under Burn Deck in Theme gallery. Should a copy should go under Monster Gallery- Cannon Soldier as well?
- Created an Evol Header under the Archetype category for the Evoltile/Evolsaur deck.
- Filed the Fallen Angel/Naturia Deck under Naturia Archetype, since it was mostly a Naturia build.
- Anti-Meta- but Not request. Wasn't sure where to file these. Considered putting the Rock Stun (Tumbling Rocks deck) under a Stun deck theme, but there wasn't a category for it. Thought it should also go under Koa'ki Meiru. Am stumped as to where to put Prickly Pitfall. Help.
- Starocean Request: I copied T.G. Doppel V. Wolf to the Theme: synchro gallery.
- Original Cyber request: created a Cyber heading in the Archetype gallery for this deck.
- Terra Firma request: Placed this only under Archetype: Elemental Heroes. Did you want it under Elemental Hero Terra Firma too?
- Neo-Galaxy Eyes Hieractic Deck request: Copied this only to the Archetype: Hieractic. Did you want this under Attribute/Theme - Dragon too?
Done for the day. See ya tomorrow!
I did the best I could, thanks for this oppurtunity.
--BROOKLYN RAGE! 16:15, August 10, 2012 (UTC)User:BROOKLYN RAGE!
- Musical Djinn Request - Should I file this under both Djinn and Gadget?
- Puddincess Based Deck Request - Made a Madolche entry in the Archetype Gallery and copied the deck there.
- Anxient Ynca Civilization request - Should I make an Inca entry in the Attribute/Type for this deck?
- Lightray/Lightsworn request - Filed both decks under Archetype: Lightsworn. Also created an Archetype: Lightray entry and filed the X-Rays deck there.
- Yusei Fudo Request - Filed this deck under Theme - Synchro
- Banish Deck Request - Filed this one under Theme - Macro
- Dyson Sphere/WATER control Request: Copied this one under Attribute/Type - Water. Also under Archetype-Mermail (had to make an entry for that).
- Yuma Deck Request: Copied this one under Attribute/Type - Spellcaster. Should it go elsewhere?
- Greed Quasar Request: Copied this one to Monster - Greed Quasar (had to make an entry). Where else should this one go?
- That's it for today! Round 3 starts tomorrow!
- Re: - Inca. Is it technically an archetype if the word "Inca" isn't part of the card titles? I think most decks get filed under the Moon Dragon Quilla/Sun Dragon Inti entry in the Monster Gallery. But shouldn't there be something specifically for Inca somewhere?
Your Grade Plz
This is what I came up with for the Jurrac Deck, featuring Doppel Warrior. At first Doppel Warrior threw me for a loop as he seemed to look out of place with in the Jurrac Archetype, but after I started working with it i found that he allows the deck to do way more than it ever could alone, even allowing it to make a consistant Shooting Quasar Dragon.
I hope this is good. I've spent several days working on it and refining it. The Extra Deck is solely my personal preference. I liked having the 2 Ally of Justice Catastor in the Extra because my T.G. Hyper Librarian would only stay on the field for a turn or Two and I still wanted to make Shooting Quasar Dragon. Building an Extra Deck for Someone is something I Dislike doing as and Extra deck is all personal preference. As in the deck, i found that Flamvell Firedog to work as a great secondary searcher outside of Jurrac Guaiba, and at times found him to be more versatile making a Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier or Ally of Justice Catastor by destroying my opponents weaker monster, and found it to be game changing a lot of the time. Mind Control was a card that just fit in a syncro deck. Capture opponents monster, summon tuner and sync, ect. Rekindling is another card i found to be a lot of help, and when I got it, it was the game winner often bringing out a lot of syncro monster or Shooting Quasar Dragon. Fossil Dig and Reinforcement of the Army were our primary searchers to get pieces of the deck and combos to the hand. Please grade and let me know how I did. Thanx. Mr.OxyClean (talk • contribs) 06:16, August 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Chaos Dragon Request - Didn't do anything with deck list here, since it was just a request for a critique.
- Parody Deck - Kaiser Sato Request - You had 2 decklist: original and edited. Only moved the edited version of the deck to the Galleries.
- Macro Monarch deck - Not sure where to put this one. Under Frogs? Only has 3 Caius in it, so it doesn't seem like it should go into Monarchs or Frognarchs. Help.
- High-Utility Request: Just bypassed this (didn't copy it anywhere), since it was a simple edit to the requestors decklist.
- Hot Celestial Sphere request: Copied this one to Archetype-Flamvell. Should it go elsewhere too? It only has two different Flamming Star cards in it.
- Bahamut Shark request: Copied this one to Monster - Bahamut Shark, and to Theme - Dino-Rabbit.
- Done with copying things to the galleries. BTW, did move the Inca deck to the Monster - Moon Dragon/Sun Dragon category. Let me know when/if you need my help again.