|This page is an archive. Please do not edit this archive, instead try editing the page this archive originated from.|
Use Geartown, Minefieldriller, Beast King Barbaros, Future Visions, and Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon plus standard FL (3 Light and Dark, 2 Water and Fire, maybe a Wind or Earth, 1 BLS, three Fortune's Future). BF2 Talk Deck Guides 17:54, November 6, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Destiny Hero
I'm aware, I spent a lot of time dealing with him the last time he was here. I thought maybe there was hope when he started posting decks that were 40 cards, but no, he's as stubborn as ever. And he still overuses the word elitist like it's a racial slur. -.-
You have to use Malicious, even if not for Synchros, as it's one of the only 2 D Heroes worth using (the only one IMO). You can always use it to Tribute Summon Plasma in a pinch. I might try a third Prisma just to dump stuff, and it also gives you enough LIGHTs to use BLS. I don't like 2 Trade-Ins for 4 targets, especially when you're trying to dump those targets with Prisma. It leads to dead draws all day. Also, one tech that's nice in D Heroes (doesn't even require Slnchros to use well) is Plaguespreader. It works SO well with Diamond Dude, and it can be that emergency third tribute for the Plasma/Dogma. Lappyzard (talk • contribs) 03:44, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
Plague in Grave. Activate effect, topdecking the desired Spell. Activate Diamond Dude's effect, milling the controlled Spell. Turn loss of draw into plus. Lappyzard (talk • contribs) 04:47, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
RE: Dragon Hero
Use the basic hero engine (Stratos, Alius),
Just tell me a deck to do, as there are none i want to do xD,
(except the gusto one, which i really don't want to do :p)
Inner boxing Warrior deck (DFF Warrior request)
Well to be honest, I would use the The A. Forces for Solidarity(lot cheaper and can go upto 1000ATK boost), Good Goblin Housekeeping instead of pot of duality (mind crush is used locally to counter pot of duality) if the GG is destroyed it is still a plus, I would do one less Warrior Lady of the Wasteland and one less Zubaba Knight in the deck so i can add two Comrade Swordsman of Landstars in the deck, it's always fun to watch a opponent fear a 500ATK creature on the field.
So to be fair i'll give you mine version
As one can deduct the main goal is biding time for the deck to pick up 'steam' and walz over the opponent.
In response to your question
He suggested a few cards that would supposedly "help" my X-Saber deck, and I told him that I didn't see it and suggested an alternate card that I thought would be better. He ignored me and kept on hammering in the cards, like if he kept pestering me I'll accept them, and I got sick of it. I called him an elitist for it (because, in my experience, that's what elitist like to do with people that ask their advice and give reasons for not taking it; keep pestering them to take it until they do), and apparently he got so offended by it, he threatened to ban me from DFF for it. I haven't insulted anyone on DFF before then, and I had already came off of another argument over cards on that same thread, so I didn't need it, but he apparently felt his sensibilities was more important than just leaving well enough alone and accepting my reasons for not accepting his cards.
And now he's got people rallied up to lynch me from DFF, simply for him being offended. Honestly, had he just laid off when I put my foot down, this wouldn't have happened, but well...he's an elitist, and has to get the last word in. Honestly, it's getting to the point where I feel I have to lay down the rules for posting on my decks beforehand, or leave, because I'm getting sick of this crap. SynjoDeonecros (talk • contribs) 23:35, November 18, 2011 (UTC)
- You really should, or otherwise people do not understand your card preferences. Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 23:42, November 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Completely untrue. Why would I even bother asking for help with decks if I were an elitist who "looks down at people for thinking differently than me"? I respect everyone's suggestions and deliberate about them. The only reason why I'm such an ass to you guys is because you're such an ass to me, mainly disregarding regulations I've set for my decks and especially harassing me to implement your ideas long aver I told you no. Seriously, it's like you can't stand to NOT have the last word; if I say something doesn't work for me or a card you want me to get rid of works, I MEAN IT, and I expect the issue to be dropped then and there. YOU are the elitists, thinking your suggestions are rule of law and need to be followed without question, and anyone who doesn't agree with them is obviously a noob that needs to be put in their place. Don't lump me in with your group. SynjoDeonecros (talk • contribs) 02:18, November 19, 2011 (UTC)
Honestly, I don't see why I have to apologize. As I said before, I tried to explain why I rejected their suggestion, but they refused to accept that and kept pressing the issue, hence they were acting like elitists. What I read of the general deck guide DID sound pompous and arrogant to me, and I'm not going to apologize for that, either. Frankly, I can't see how I'm anything other than a victim, here.SynjoDeonecros (talk • contribs) 02:29, November 19, 2011 (UTC)
DN for a Minute?
Ace told me to apologize that he was getting slow and was gonna get off. xD I dc'ed as well. Do you think you could come back on for a sec, Lappy? Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 03:23, November 19, 2011 (UTC)
Are Inzecters and Wind-Ups too broken for the ZEXAL Archetypes? Also, I'm counting Duel Terminal Archetypes from the ZEXAL era if they were released in ZEXAL packs. Forum:Deck Contest 24: ZEXAL Archetypes BF2 Talk Deck Guides 13:44, November 19, 2011 (UTC)
I think 6 could go to general, as it's not needed really, and it's not always used anyway,
I liked 12 as it was :3, it stopped people who dislike me getting help off me etc, but without saying it as such,
Archive Your Talk Page
Also, you mentioned something about wanting to see my Verz?
- 3 Verz Castor
- 3 Steelswarm Girastag
- 3 Steelswarm Caller
- 3 Steelswarm Cell
- 2 Steelswarm Gatekeeper
- 1 Steelswarm Scout
- 1 Dark Armed Dragon
- 1 Steelswarm Moth
- 3 Pot of Duality
- 2 Recurring Nightmare
- 1 Dark Hole
- 1 Allure of Darkness
- 1 Heavy Storm
- 1 Mystical Space Typhoon
- 1 Monster Reborn
- 1 Reinforcement of the Army
As for how it works? Well, it's basically the standard Steelswarm tributing strategy, but with a few new tricks.
Notice the number of tribute monsters - four. Why do I only have four? Well, because I can search them with Corrosive Contagion Infestation. And better yet, I can search THAT with Verz Ophion, a truly amazing card. It's easy to summon, thanks to Verz Castor. Then I just detach a material, and search out CCI... or, if I already have it in hand, I can search Infestation Ripples instead for easy revival.
Why not 3 Recurring Nightmare? And why Gatekeeper? I find him way too slow. Upstart would probably be better than PoD from my experience, simply because Scout has to be Special Summoned to get easy tribute fodder. By the way, most Steelswarm decks run 4-6 Tribute Monster, as that is all they've ever needed. I know it sounds like I'm critiquing, but this is also for Ace's help. It looks pretty good to me, though. Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 16:36, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
First at all I'd like to thank you for your help. Anyway, here are my ideas if you're interested:
- Hey, Ace. It's me again. I was wondering about your nick on DN, so I could test the Deck you build, have some Duels, you know...--LumenAcerbus (talk • contribs) 16:59, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
Test - Wight Deck
Here is that wight deck you wanted!
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning x1 Celestia, Lightsworn Angel x1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk x1 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior x1 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin x2 Judgement Dragon x2 King of the Skull Servants x3 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner x1 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress x3 Mezuki x1 Plaguespreeader Zombie x1 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter x3 The Lady in Wight x3 Wightmare x2 Wulf, Lightswron Paladin x1
3 King of the Beasts seems excessive. Key Mouse looks good to summon Formula. I'd probably try to run 3 Ryko and 3 Junk Synchron. Hamster would be good, maybe play it instead of Rats. Lappyzard (talk • contribs) 18:43, November 25, 2011 (UTC)
Re: DFF Deletion
First of all, I have no idea how to create a new section.Second,I am waiting for an update on a deck for 5 days, and all i requested is like 5 cards being replaced!Plus SM10 said he was halfway done with the 3 decks.He said it 3 days ago1--Boris12 (talk • contribs) 20:54, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
Long ago in the older WDCs, contestants would comment on each other's decks after the competition. This discussion would occur in the forum's talk page, like this. I liked it a lot and thought it would be cool to start this again. -bewk
So I recently have taken the DFF test, and I was wondering how I did.
I realize I may have not done as good as I could have, I had some business to attend to when you gave me the challenges, and when I was finally able to log on, I didn't know how long the challenges had been there, so I rushed (which I shouldn't have done) to get them done. So they weren't done to the best of my ability. Speedy Demon (talk • contribs) 22:52, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
He bet me!
Hey, you've apparently met my friend speedy demon. He was kinda po'ed about your decision, he just didn't want to post about it and start an argument. When I tried to explain to him your reasons, he just got madder and madder. He finally made me a bet, that I shouldn't have accepted. He bet me that I couldn't do better than him, and I accepted when my competitive side flared up. So if you could test me as well, that would be great! And if you do decide to test me, please be as unbiased as possible. Thanks! Maniac56 (talk • contribs) 23:29, December 3, 2011 (UTC)
Having a bit of a problem with him. Basically, I catch him blanking a page and removing someone's comment on a talk page, though the latter example as a few days ago. So I decide to drop by his page and say "Hey you probably shouldn't do that there's really no point in it anyway"; as you can see, I was at the least civil about it. Not only does he wipe my message, but he wipes a few others as well. Since I noticed they were yours, I figured I should bring this to you, as going /right/ to an admin would make me look whiny, and I figured it was best to inform you first anyway, since you have clearly dealt with him prior to this.
This is actually related somewhat to what I'm asking: Should I bring this to an admin? The fact that he's blanked entire articles/discussions/etc. in the past, combined with how he's acting now, tells me he's not going to learn that what he's doing is ultimately unproductive, and is basically asking for a punishment. What do you think? Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 09:15, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Update - He takes the argument to my talk page, and after I point out how irrational he's being (as well as note an obvious flaw in a "point" he tried to make), he has the audacity to try and wipe out parts of the argument that made him look bad.
- I'm sorry for bothering you with this, but as I said, I'm not sure if this is worth bothering an admin with, though I feel what he is doing violates whatever conduct rules this wikia may have in place; note that I am referring to the edits I told him off for, not the shenanigans with my talk page, if I haven't made that clear enough, as I sometimes have trouble clarifying thing.
- Thus, I ask you if this is worthy enough to bring to them. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 09:44, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Keep in mind that the admins may likely have something to say about that if you continue with the blanking/removal of discussions. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 10:08, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- You don't care, yet you bother to keep replying to me saying so, and after you claimed you supposedly had a new profile you were going to use, despite the fact that you clearly haven't left this one. For your sake, I suggest not digging the grave any deeper. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 10:25, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- You're so mad over this it's pathetic. It's nice to see I wasn't off the mark when I called you childish. If you actually do decide to move to a new profile, you ought to leave your current attitude behind, it does nothing for an outsider's perception of you. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs)
- Sure, sure.
- My point is that you're making yourself incredibly foolish with what you're doing. No, editing your own talk page isn't the problem. It's the fact that you edited out a warning that I tried to give you so that you could avoid administrative action being taken again you, in addition to two other messages related to this person whose pages we're flooding with this silliness trying to help you. Haven't you ever learned not to bite the hand that feeds you? Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 10:35, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Funny, how you seem to be so emotionally invested in such a 'game' - you go so far as to use links to card articles in lieu of name-calling, and you throw out the claim I don't know you when it wouldn't matter if I did-- no one has to know you to call you on how ridiculous you're being. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 10:39, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Every single thing you've done up to this point proves you wrong. Also, if you're so smart, why do you have to resort to trying to edit out parts of our argument, hm? Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 10:43, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Removing parts of an argument doesn't make it more interesting. It's sounding more and more like you've realized how bad you look, and you're desperately trying to save face by the most poorly-constructed means possible. And if you're supposed to be in school, you look even sadder making bullcrap excuses when you could actually be productive. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 10:47, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Again, my point still stands - you could be making sure you're ready for school, and yet here you are, wasting time and shooting down your credibility in the process. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 10:50, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Can't help but to hit the urgent synchronize with this part. Boris or whoever you are, shut up and spend your time on school craps instead of waste your time here - if Game don't help you anyways, then stop visit here. Spamming the Wikia and all those do NOT help you improving your life, it just making you less and less smart each time you post the rectum edits there and here. --FredCat 23:27, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
I don't really want to do that one, :p but if you get stuck, i can finish it off,
- kozaky, that or set it then creature swap
- no idea, but it would let it kill things
- seems like it should work, but i'd consider -2 BTH & -1MST for 3 upstarts, as it's a ritual deck
- It's at a friends, so using my old one, which the screen fell off, and tends to crash when i try to sign into the wiki <,<
- -Resk11:54, December 7, 2011 (UTC)
- .... I didn't realize that you had a friend that can cover your fight while you're gone. But I didn't mean by ban his account name - IP code can be banned as well. DeltaNeos once done that in past. --FredCat 23:50, December 6, 2011 (UTC)
- The "friend" is the one known as "Lord G.", he argued against him while remains on your side. I just don't realized that you and him are different users. --FredCat 02:21, December 7, 2011 (UTC)
- The only reason this fight even got here is because I decided to alert Ace about Boris and his behavior, seeing as his messages to Boris got wiped along with mine. As I said earlier, I didn't expect Boris to be so foolish as to bring the argument here from my talk page. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 02:29, December 7, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for taking care of that.
I did not think he would go so far as to follow me and take the argument to your page like that. It's kinda my fault your talk became a war zone, and I sincerely apologize. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 02:09, December 7, 2011 (UTC)
Here, he has clearly stated that he does not care about making constructive edits on this wiki. I show you this not for action to be taken now; this is meant to serve as a reminder for what to do in future dealings with him. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 08:58, December 8, 2011 (UTC)
Well, from just looking at it, this is what I'd probably do.
As a side note, I hate Acid Golem too. But Resk likes it, and has beaten me because of it. -_- Anyways, you are forgetting that Masked HEROES don't require just E-HEROes, but any HERO. You could also use Wildheart if you do want an E-HERO. Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 23:48, December 9, 2011 (UTC)
RE: Featured Card
- Would you like a really honest opinion?--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 15:31, December 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, okay. It's not written terribly, although it could be better, once the typos are cleaned up, but your style isn't bad. It also needs to be much longer, with more in-depth information about what you can do with the card. Most of the article is spent talking about how you can summon it, and very general ways of using it. Moreover, I personally try to choose cards that are relevant to the current game, whether casual or competitive, although the latter is more my forte, so it seems strange you'd choose Evigishki Mind Augus over Evigishki Levianima. The effect in general is not something you can write a lot of great stuff about. But, regardless, it was a good effort. I'd try again with a different card. ATM, I'm too busy and too distanced from the game to write a new Featured Card article, so the spot is open.--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 12:21, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
Hey, I wont be able to get back online for a while, currently working on tons of projects and studying for final exams that are next week. Sorry, but school comes before fun, hope you understand! Maniac56 (talk • contribs) 21:27, December 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Lol. I hadn't noticed I had Avarice at 3, meant to just have 1.
- I made the fixes you recommended. I'm guessing that is how a proper Levianima deck should look like, huh? Thanks for the help. Skywhale (talk • contribs) 04:50, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
I'm having an issue with the 3 Salvage. I keep drawing two in my starting hand and draw the third rather quickly. Is Moray of Greed unneeded here or am I just unlucky at DN with the Salvages? Skywhale (talk • contribs) 22:50, December 14, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Xyz Material
Information is constantly being removed from the article by an unregistered editor; while we are on standby to revert it back to normal, you may have to temporarily protect the page, which is what I am here to request. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 23:37, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
- No, I'm not an admin, but for some reason people keep coming to me, because I've dealt with him. I suggest you go see either D-Neos or any other admin. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 02:10, December 14, 2011 (UTC)
Color to signature?
- If you're short one card, I'd add 2 Bottomless. I really like the card this format. Lappyzard (talk • contribs) 23:19, December 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Followed your link and Looks normal to me now, thanks. That was weird...Skywhale (talk • contribs) 23:23, December 18, 2011 (UTC)
the decks made on decks for free are always missing that something that the wdc has and the wdc deck that are made are by comparison way stronger normaly that is why i wanted you guys to build the deck that i requested so that you would treat it with the same heart as if it was a wdc deck instead of the decks you guys build on the decks for free forum. i mean no offense but you guys did not notice that your deck styles are diffrent from wdc to decks for free. so please do this request for me. Killerman3333 (talk • contribs) 17:07, December 19, 2011 (UTC)
What do you think about Forum:Simochi + Hand Control V.SM10?
Thanks Ace, sorry for changing it I didn't think it was going to well with progress so I thought I would change it to something that might take less time. Also if you don't mind can you tell me how to use the deck effectively.Hastydemon2 (talk • contribs) 17:23, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
We should probably close for xmas anyway, tbh, so yeah, that sounds functional.
- that can be our standard procedure, and it'll also clear out some of the requests faster, so soudns good, just bold/underline it near the top, and give like.. 4-5 days for them to do so,
- also, sorry for not being on too much, just work & laptop being silly :3
- -Resk (✩)( ☯) 23:08, December 21, 2011 (UTC)
Darkflare and Eclipse
Hey, I have a small question concerning the Banisher Dragons.
Say I use Darkflare's effect to send a dragon from my hand and deck to the grave. If I target an Eclipse Wyvern and send it to the grave, does it gain the effect of banishing a Lv7 dragon or does it miss the timing because Darkflare's effect is still resolving and not finished? If it doesn't miss the timing, I can target Eclipse for Darkflare's banishing effect, then gain the Lv7 dragon?
"annoying deck" v resk editted by ace
It's effect is a huge letdown for me, but can you think of a good way to use it that I'm missing, besides another Tour Guide target and maybe recycling a Tengu? Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 16:02, December 25, 2011 (UTC)
While it's the 9th on my side of the world, it might not be for yours, since the Deck section isn't up yet. Since I won't be around for the next couple days, could you help post my Deck once you set up the entry section, or at the very least, allow me to submit up to a day late?
In case I fail to see a reply before I become unavailable, here's the Deck to post:
I did two today, I'll probably do some more tommorow, I've just been distractd of late, I can get most of them done fairly easisly, it's just typing them out that's been putting me off <,<
We're fine to stay open
Yeah, what Resk said. ^^ Anyways, I've been doing other things, so I apologize for my inactivity, which I'll try to adjust soon. I'll work on a few of those requests. Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 04:19, January 14, 2012 (UTC)
Test - Gearfried Deck
So here's that Phoenix Gearfried deck you wanted. It took a lot of changing before it could win more than 30%. This build, out of 20 duels, won 8 times. Once against a Six Samurai, two against a Blackwing Vayu Turbo deck, onne against Agents, 2 against Zombie Synchro, and a lucky draw win against a synchro deck. I lost against, 7 Wind-Up Decks (six different decks), 2 Synchro/Quasar Decks, 1 Gravekeeper, and the last 2 were some put together Anti-Meta that demolished my deck with Dark Aaia and locked all other special summons
- Blazewing Butterfly x3
- Dark Valkyria x3
- Darkstorm Dragon x3
- Elemental HERO Neos Alius x3
- Gemini Soldier x2
- Phantom Dragonray Bronto x3
- Phoenix Gearfried x3
I did a lot of dueling to finally get to this deck build. I will not post all of the duels, because I can't remember them all. Cursed Armaments is in here because combined with Gearfried, he can negate anything that targets anything, over and over without a cost, unless they don't have a face-up monster. I have more trade-ins that duality, because dauality stops your special summons the turn you use it, which when used more than once and slows down the deck.Most of the rest is easy to understand why it's in there. Maniac56 (talk • contribs) 01:18, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Lord British Space Fighter x2
- Falchionβ x2
- Jade Knight x3
- Blue Thunder T-45 x3
- Shining Angel x2
- Honest x1
- Genex Ally Birdman x2
- Tour Guide From the Underworld x3
- Sangan x1
- Gorz the Emissary of Darkness x1
- Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning x1
- Ally of Justice Catastor x1
- Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier x1
- Genex Ally Triforce x2
- Ancient Fairy Dragon x1
- Black Rose Dragon x1
- Avenging Knight Parshath x1
- Scrap Dragon x1
- Stardust Dragon x1
- Locomotion R-Genex x1 (Or Ancient Sacred Wyvern/Trish)
- Wind-Up Zenmaines x1
- Leviair the Sea Dragon x1
- Number 20: Giga-Brilliant x1
- Number 39: Utopia x1
- Steelswarm Roach x1
The deck type is fine, as long as the source says it. Click edit at the top of the page and change it from there. And references are added like this (ignore the top part).
DFF & Welcome Back
It seemed he wanted to apply to be a DFF deckbuilder, so... Anyways, yes that list is awful ^^ and just wanted to say welcome back! :D Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 01:19, February 25, 2012 (UTC)
Chaos Counter Fairies
Re: Dark Sun
neo galaxy-eyes photon dragon
- 2 alexandrite
- 2 garnet
- 1 obsidian
- 1 amber
- 3 prisma
- 1 e-hero ocean
- 1 stratos
- 1 neos alius
- 2 photon dragon
- 3 meteor dragon
- 3 red-eyes b.dragon
If I only had room for one other, I would use Torrential as it's better against Inzektors and Wind-Ups. However, I would definitely use all three if possible. BF2 Talk Deck Guides 02:57, March 1, 2012 (UTC)
Re: DFF Apps
Re: Malefic Doom
- I requested a deck that has Heat Haze Beast Hippogriffo on it. So yeah Flamvell seems fine. Thanks--Nexus Shiker(Talk) 02:29, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
Deckbuilding test: A legendary Ocean Jensc
The Idea of the deck is to stall the opponnent with Gravity Bind while attacking him with Amphibious Bugroth MK-3, and, when ready, summon Ocean Dragon Lord and attack for game. Jens (talk • contribs) 15:42, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
Edit: sorry for not immediately using the template, I had forgotten the rule in the criteria that states that we have to use it, hope it's better now. Jens (talk • contribs) 16:09, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
I do know how to use it perfectly but i am curruntly logging from a cell phone so it is kinda hard but i am linking the cards now. The broken links are because i sometimes make a spelling mistake, forget to capitalize etc. But did i fail or what? LG talk My own Guides 16:06, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
Decks for Free! Test - Lightray Deck
- Celestia, Lightsworn Angel
- Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
- Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior x2
- Gragonith, Lightsworn Dragon
- Jain, Lightsworn Paladin x2
- Judgment Dragon x2
- Lightray Diabolos x2
- Guardian of Order
- Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner x2
- Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress x2
- Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter x3
- Wulf, Lightsworn Beast x2
EDIT: Changed something I seemed to have missed somehow (Lightray Sorcerer -> Guardian of Order)
I have no problem with you putting up admin tags to keep the psycho commenters in place. Believe me, I understand what you are referring to. And with the deckbuilder's process, just make sure that it is physically possible. Stricter is fine. :) Jon Kovacs (talk • contribs) 01:36, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
Yeah, I just don't really have the time to post it, and it's not as good as I'd like it to be, so just go on without me. Also, the WDC on the Academy is now up and running. :D Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 02:30, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Not particularly, just another Normal Fusion Monster, which makes matters a bit tough. >_> Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 01:00, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
Forgive me, Dark Ace and everyone at Decks For Free! as my Computer broke and i had to fix it. IT was a $2000 job so it took some time to earn the money. I have the decks ready and i can submit them at anytime with your permission or you can deny me. I am ok with any decision you make I would just like to thank you and everyone for your time.
Decks for Free! Test - Neo Galaxy-Eyes Deck
- Luster Dragon 2 x1
- Wattdragon x1
- Hieroglyph Seal of the God Dragon x2
- Hieroglyph Dragon - Aset Dragon x3
- Hieroglyph Dragon - Nephthe Dragon x3
- Hieroglyph Dragon - Shiyu Dragon x3
- Hieroglyph Dragon - Tfeni Dragon x3
- Hieroglyph Dragon - Dragon Nut x1
- Dragorado x1
- Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon x2
- Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon x2
"...reverse over the hedges"
Thank you for your generosity. I just decided to fix the computer cause it has sentimental value. -__-. Anyway here is the Spaceship deck.
- Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
- Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
- Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite
- Chaos Sorcerer x2
- FalchionB x3
- Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
- Jade Knight x3
- Lord British Space Fighter x3
- Victory Viper XX03 x3
Ok so this deck took me a lot of time to get right. My problem with the deck is that many of the main cards only have 1200 ATK or less. Not much to go on in a time where people drop 2500 ATK guys in the first turn. To fill in for this I used not only several powerful DARK monsters in Gorz and Gale to help counter those threats, but i also included the feared BLS. I also made the deck viable to set up fast Xyz. Another remedy to the deck which i found to be very effective were two cards not many people pay attention to any more: United We Stand and Forbidden Lance. Forbidden Lance allows me to lower the attack of my opponent by 800 at the cost of they are not affected my S/T, which i found to be a fair trade. Not only does it serve the purpose of hurting my opponent but it can help me out in providing my monsters with some protection from certian cards like Dark Hole. The other card, United We Stand, provides some extra "Fire Power" for the little Spaceships. Since they need to destroy a monster to activate their effects it allows me to destroy some smaller threats and get my monster's effects going, such as FalchionB's ablility to Special Summon or put a monster in Grave. WHile i know it creates a - for me when the monster is destroyed, the initial attack and momentum it creates, i found that the pros outways the cons.Zephyros may seem like a random card to put into the deck, but it has saved me several times by allowing me to make a quick Utopia or summon Gale and make a BRD. As for Heavy Storm I opted to not run in on account of the fact that this deck likes to "Hug" the back row. Since the deck lacks a lot of initial Strength to put on pressure, it needs to rely on its Spells and Traps to help put on and keep pressure going. all in all i think it is a wonderful deck and i have found it to be very consistant on several front. (I only lost 2 out of 10 duels, one against an Exodia Deck and another becasue of a dumb move on my part.) I hope you enjoy.
Ruling states that you cannot Xyz with Tokens. Since Tokens just dissapear when they leave the field they cannot be used as Xyz material. I use my monsters (Or when i get mind control, my opponents) to Xyz. SquirtleHero (talk • contribs) 21:14, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
Thanx I'm not the Noobie that i use to be. I Made sure to look into things before i made my decks to check timings and rulings on things such as tokens this time around so i dont miss things like Naturia Cliff agian. SquirtleHero (talk • contribs) 21:20, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
some questions about the DFF contest
Hi, since you seem to be the one that is in charge of the Decks for free 'challenges', I decided to turn to you.
You've sent me a message that I failed the tests, while I respect your decision(s), I have a few issues with the reasons you gave. I realise that you were in charge of just one of the decks and I will also post this on the talk page of the other 2 persons. I don't want ot whine or beg for you to allow me to DFF but some things I just plain disagreed on:
The Deck you assigned me.
Wouldn't use Moray, and would rather use 3 Upstart Goblin, seeing as Moray is very chancy, and not consistent.
I normally only run Upstart Goblin in exodia decks since it is a +0 just useful for thinning the deck. And I fail to see how Moray is that inconsistent. (maybe I'm wrong but I nearly always have 3 waters monsters or more in my starting hand.)
You forgot Forgotten Temple of the Deep, that would make Codarus and Levia more consistent at clearing the field.
Don't see it as needed
Missing Dark Hole, Heavy Storm, 2 more MST (May not be needed as Codarus is around, but his effect isn't always guaranteed)
For the Dark hole comment, see the above, and heavy storm didn't seem such a good idea with the field + Gravity Bind. And why should I run 3 MST?
Use 3 Salvage over 2, to reuse Codarus and other important cards.
You may be right on this one, though it's only a small thing, is it not?
If your idea was to stall, why no Level Limit - Area B?
I did think about that card, but I felt that Gravity Bind would be enough. I did include it in my first build but I threw it out after reaching 40 cards.
Xyz monsters don't have Levels, so they aren't affected by Bind or Area B.
I know, but what is your point?
Field Barrier is unneeded
The deck is centered around Ocean, I'd like to keep it on the field.
Dark Bribe isn't as useful with 3 MST around.
To be honest, I've never seen anyone run 3, and in the worst cse its just a 1v1.
A secret rare Solemn Warning is around $10, you could have added 2, considering the budget was $250.
Well, the site I use mentioned 20$ and since there was a budget, I tend to keep as low as possible.
Missing Numen erat Testudo, this card is better than Giga Gagagigo, because it stops a lot of the meta decks, giving this deck a fighting chance against the meta.
You are completely right about this one, I didn't know about that card. (never used it)
Something that is called for right about now
I think you should try finding more Staff members more quickly. It seems like all the other builders has either fallen off the face of the earth or been captured by ninjas. Maybe speed up the Deckbuilder Application process? --Gungnir298 (talk • contribs) 14:10, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
Close down DFF?
Hello: Just thought I'd put in my two cents. I understand jobs, spring break, college, whatever takes up people's time - or people simply get burned out and walk away - but you shouldn't have to shoulder building decks by yourself. Maybe you should temporarily close DFF until you get some more deckbuilder recruits, eh? Give it some thought. BTW, you do great work. ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 15:46, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
I want to help
Hey, I heard that DFF is closed, because of inactivity, so I want to help you find new, (and less busy) Deckbuilders. Can I help you with that? Guardmaster (talk • contribs) 22:44, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
DFF Issues - SM10, Lappy, Wolf, BF2
- Issue 1: We have a backlog of requests again, so is there any way you guys could be on more/comment more on DFF Applicants, so we can hire new people? Also, what do you guys think about possibly taking on "Deckbuilder Apprentices"? They would just be people who applied and that we personally think would have potential later? Help them out, tutor them as we move along, and just overall act as teachers.
- Issue 2: We have a huge backlog of Decks in the Archive that should be moved into the Galleries, so why not hire people to specifically move the Decks into the Galleries?
Issue 3: Do we need 3 people to do the trials? I personally think 2 should be good.Vetoed, I agree with SM10. 3/5 Votes.
Issue 4: Should we ever make the "Dark Sun" public? Sometimes it's important for people to know what we think, and sometime the raw comments and better than our soft-cake comments?Vetoed (May change depending on BF2 & Wolf)
First of all, I truly apologize, Ace. I know I've let you down lately. Normally, it's the two of us that do most of the requests and now it's just you. I was just about to post a deck or two up, and I should be getting my act together soon. I can't express my feelings enough, and you do a great job. As for 1 & 2, I am 100% for. However, I didn't know we had more applicants, so... Is there a way to be notified easily when an edit is made to that page? 3 & 4 are kinda meh for me, more towards no. I think 3 is a good, solid number to see they're potential. That being said, 2 may be good enough, but at times we may be wanting to see a 3rd deck, so I'm not sure. However, publicly displaying Dark Sun is NOT going to help much, as far as I can see. I suppose it's up to the others, though, because it won't kill me if we do decide to make it more open to outsiders. So, that's just my two cents on all of that. Once again, my sincere apologies. Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 22:52, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
Basically same sentiments as above, my year was already busy and then volleyball season got going, and the week I spent in the hospital didn't help any, but now that I can't play I should have some more time. Even so, you know I've never been that active, and that's simply because I won't build a deck that I don't want to, and there haven't been any requests that interest me. Anyways, I'll try to help out more, it's been crazy lately. Lappyzard (talk • contribs) 23:30, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
Looks like we're 3 for 3 with what SM10 said. I want to also apologize for my activity lately, since I was brought on to help with the first backlog of requests. I also want to give a heads up for the next few weeks, as that will determine my activity for the forseeable future. With that said, I will try to be more active to help you out with the requests you've been tackling on your own (the requests I have will be posted up before the end of the week). Elite Wolf (talk • contribs) 07:08, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Quite a few people have found it and I suggest we move it somewhere else (outside of the Wikia) but we definitely should not make it public. I've been really busy acclimatizing to the new format on DN and been doing a lot of stuff on Pojo, etc. I can't do anything from Italy but I'll try to contribute once I get back. This is BF2 from an Italian computer. As for the issues, I think 3 deckbuilders is a good amount for a trial, apprentices just don't make sense, and I have no comment on the archiving.
- I can set up another wiki of some sort on another place, I guess. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 22:21, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Below is a vote for the deckbuilders. Just add your usernames. I'll avoid voting, unless it becomes a tie.
I wouldn't worry about what people think - besides, you explained the situation brilliantly. As for those who do rage, well, they most likely have other issues that are festering in their lives.
Oh, and tell SM10 I'm interested in seeing him post up that Cloudian Deck with Convulsion of Nature. I do a lot of lurking, you see. It's how I learn.
Don't give up - all you do is right path; which you can recover with new number of members. And no, I still refuse to be part of that group - My skill suck compare to your and your buddies, to be honest; I can only create a deck for anime-style, like all those shows. But, take break is all as you handle alone is difficult than you many handle the situation together. First was SM10, now it's you. Still; don't give up. --FredCat 23:43, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Ice Barriers
Sorry, I haven't done any work with the deck lately. My last idea was Frog Monarch style with Frog engine and Genex Undine. Give it a try if you like. Lappyzard (talk • contribs) 19:15, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
- That works nicely, since Prior is a Swap Frog target as well. Just add some stuff to revive it, like Surface. Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 20:15, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, I forgot to mention that the main reason for my absence is mostly the fact that tennis season has started. Well, I tried that, but all that does is notify my e-mail, which I rarely check, and usually only to clear it out. xD By the way, how do you delete pages from the list of pages that you're following? Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 20:20, March 21, 2012 (UTC)