This page has been archived. Please do not edit this page!
RE:"Mirror Force" image
OgiProsKill (talk • contribs) 20:24, February 2, 2017 (UTC) As you've said in your two posts on my message board, I have to name files I'm posting correctly. But what do you mean by naming them correctly and how do I do it?
Becabot inputting Duel Link galleries question and request
I would question how did your Becabot know which card gallery pages need Duel Link galleries before those images were uploaded since I find it extremely unlikely that you were able to predict all that coming in before the images were uploaded. I can take care of inputting the Duel Link galleries in their respective pages.Cardsknower (talk • contribs) 19:41, February 3, 2017 (UTC)
My Card Uploads
RE:Replaces detachment of Xyz Materials from an Xyz Monster to activate its effects
Alright, do you have a proposal for a better name? The category is for stuff like Number 19: Freezadon, Xyz Override, Rising Sun Slash, and Xyz Unit. Basically, anything that lets you do something else to activate the effect of an Xyz Monster that entails detaching its own Xyz Materials, including detaching other cards as a substitute, in the case of all the examples I gave except Xyz Override. (Lucafriz (talk • contribs) 20:56, February 7, 2017 (UTC))
- Yeah, I guess the name is rather long and clunky. All I can think of now is "Replaces Xyz Material detachment to activate an Xyz Monster's effect" though I'm not sure how well it conveys the intent of the category. (Lucafriz (talk • contribs) 21:05, February 7, 2017 (UTC))
- "Replaces detaching Xyz Materials" seems fine, though I would like the title to in some way highlight that the action is specifically replacing the detachment of Xyz Materials to activate that Xyz Monster's effect. Otherwise it seems vague. I dunno what the chances are we'll get a card that lets you substitute Xyz Material detachment for purposes other than to activate the monster's effect though. (Lucafriz (talk • contribs) 21:24, February 7, 2017 (UTC))
Hi, this is ThoththeAtlantean. I need to link pages to others by using a word in a page.
How will I be able to do it in this wiki?
- Hello there.
- To start, if you want to manage the code of the page a bit more explicitly, you can go to your preferences and change the editor to "Source editor". Then, when editing, you can link to a page by placing the page name under square brackets. For instance, to link to "Tragoedia", it would be
[[Tragoedia]]. To link to a page but displaying a different text on the link, just place a pipe and the text to display after. For instance, to link to this card, it would be
- If this is not the answer you were looking for, please try to be a bit more specific and give an example or something. More info on wikipedia:Help:Link.
- Also, to sign your name, just type four tildes, nothing more (e.g.,
~~~~). Becasita Pendulum (talk • contribs) 23:06, February 8, 2017 (UTC)
confirmation on moved account
yes Bacasita i will confirm that account User:Lol-ionel! is no longer in use and is now moved to this account Reason name did not suite me i fully aware you can change it but i already changed so i cannot change it (ThLastCarmine (talk • contribs) 18:48, February 13, 2017 (UTC))
- Please leave me a message with that account under this section, in order to confirm it. Thank you. Becasita Pendulum (talk • contribs) 19:00, February 13, 2017 (UTC)
"Element Dragon" question
Hi, first thanks for this wiki, it's really usefull.
I would like to ask you about Element Dragon
«WIND : If this card destroyed your opponent's monster by battle, it can attack once again in a row.»
Is this effect can be used more than once in one turn (of course if there still have a Wind card on the field) ?
- Hey there. Nothing to thank for.
- Well, as long as there is a WIND monster on the field, its effect will trigger, if it destroys an opponent's monster by battle. However, it can only attack twice. Old wording isn't clear on this. Also, if you check the Japanese text, it says you can do it only once more. Becasita Pendulum (talk • contribs) 14:00, February 16, 2017 (UTC)
Search categories wording
Yeah, that's my fault, I'm just too used to doing something in a particular manner after doing it for so long, so it's a pretty hard habit to break, lol. I think I fixed your section wording issue on the 1 Link Material category. (Lucafriz (talk • contribs) 19:58, February 17, 2017 (UTC))
About the general tip
I was mostly just wanting to spread word about how these old "seemingly useless" cards are going to suddenly either become useful thanks to the new mechanics, OR have a bunch of new cards printed that do the same things as them.Manyfaceblake (talk • contribs) 00:01, February 18, 2017 (UTC)
- I understand your point. However, in all honesty, nothing ensures these "seemingly useless" cards are going to suddenly become useful. They could already bounce powerful cards. They won't do more than they can already do. In addition to be able to bounce any type of card that existed so far, now, in addition, they can also bounce Link Monsters. Nothing worth pointing out. Becasita Pendulum (talk • contribs) 00:08, February 18, 2017 (UTC)
- The reason this seems significant to me, is because of how Link Monsters and Link Zones work. The effects of these old cards will now have a bigger impact than they did before the new rules and mechanics came in. You use their effects to pop out the opponent's Link Monsters, you break their link, and they lose Link Zones. Manyfaceblake (talk • contribs) 00:52, February 18, 2017 (UTC)
- I just think it's not a big thing, because bouncing an Xyz, Synchro or Ritual Monster, for instance, would already be a big loss of resources (generally). I don't think, in this case, it's such a huge thing to the point of noting what the effect already tells you; it bounces, it's good overall. Sure, Link Monsters need to be in a specific place an interact with the other zones, that's fair enough.
- In any case, you can start a discussion on the tips' page talk page and see if you can gather other opinions. Please feel free. Becasita Pendulum (talk • contribs) 01:51, February 18, 2017 (UTC)
As for the images, they were originally in JPG, I uploaded them in JPG because I was trying to upload as most original as possible. Regards.
- I understand. However, we prefer PNG. So it would be best to convert them first, in case they were in JPG. There should be no loss from JPG to PNG. Becasita Pendulum (talk • contribs) 21:46, February 19, 2017 (UTC)
Oh wow! I wasn't even expecting a "promotion", but if it helps organizing the images I'm up for it. Still have a lot of images left to upload (scan then upload actually). Currently uploading my SECE-SP set; so I not only have a big KOR secondary collection, but also have some TCG sets in non-English; so I'll keep up the work to improve as further as I can.
DRL3-SP gallery error
Hi. I am planning to upload my DRL3-SP collection tomorrow; but checked the only 3 cards that had been uploaded previously, and the 3 present a similar error, here's a link to one of them: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/File:DarkMagicianGirltheDragonKnight-DRL3-SP-UR-1E.png
As you can see, in the Info tab they have a warning telling the card name doesn't exist (when it does and even the link takes to the correct page). But what looks uglier is inside the info rectangle, the templates seem to have been copied wrong, so I don't know if that will show for my uploads or if it only shows for the 3 existing images because maybe they were uploaded very early on the set release, before the gallery was even created, dunno.
Could you please fix those 3, and check that the error doesn't carry to my uploads tomorrow? Thanks.
- Hi there.
- The problem with the box saying the card article doesn't exist is due to SMW problems. SMW is what we use to store information about articles. This issue is beyond our reach and it was already reported.
- The problem with the red links you were experiencing, is because the template wasn't created at the time. Usually, you just need to click on the link and redirect it to the parent page. Like so.
- Feel free to carry on. Even if the template isn't created, you can upload files nevertheless. Once the template is created, all will be fine (this is considering the filename is correct and all, of course).
- Again, thanks for the images! Becasita Pendulum (talk • contribs) 16:40, February 21, 2017 (UTC)
Link Marker Categories
I have created some categories to sort Link Monsters by the type of Link Markers they possess, namely Top Link Marker Monster Cards, Left Link Marker Monster Cards, Right Link Marker Monster Cards, Bottom Link Marker Monster Cards, Bottom-Left Link Marker Monster Cards, and Bottom-Right Link Marker Monster Cards, but the means by which I sorted the cards into those categories, by putting them under "Misc" on the card's article page, is admittedly not the best way to go about doing it. Could you or another admin edit the CardTable2 template so that the names of the Link Markers under the Link Marker section will link to the corresponding pages, just like how clicking the numerical values of Levels, Ranks, ATK, DEF, Pendulum Scales, Link Numbers, and such, will link you to lists of monsters that share that particular value? And could you or another admin also edit the card query format of the Link Marker category pages to match the ones on other pages, such as to give an example? (Lucafriz (talk • contribs) 06:43, February 22, 2017 (UTC))
- I would prefer to wait on anything like that until we know at the very least what the official Japanese names for the Link Markers are going to be, since I'd like to have to change that around as little as possible. In the meantime, I have made some fixes to the list pages, so they'll proprly display anime and manga Link Monsters now. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 14:50, February 22, 2017 (UTC)
Another missed error
Hi there again.
I am done uploading my DRL3-SP Set, and as usual I am checking that the images are linked properly to their galleries and all; and noticed a linking error here:
The info rectangle links to a page about Red nova (an anime character/enemy) and not Red nova (the Fairy card). And also I think this prevents the rectangle from showing the Gallery link as well because it links to a non-card page.
Could you check that and fix it? Also, it might be wise to change the Anime page name to Red nova (Anime) or place a disambiguation along the way.