TCG Official Rulings Update
Judge Program Forum Rulings
Last thread was: "starlight road v heavy/torrential/dark hole+"
- Add "Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame"'s Rulings to all similar monsters!
(last update 7/6/2015)
- Fix the Out of Date Rulings of the errata'd cards in Premium Gold: Return of the Bling
OCG Rulings Full Q&A Rulings
Update the new Rulings of Tag-Team Duel. 
Problem-Solving Card Text Rulings
- Costs are always paid at activation. If the card tells you to pay, discard, Tribute, or destroy in the activation text (before the semicolon), it’s a cost.
- Any activation conditions (written before the colon) only have to be met when you activate the card. If something changes before the card resolves, and the conditions aren’t met anymore, it doesn’t matter. (Any conditions that STILL have to be true when the effect resolves will be listed separately.)
- A colon or semicolon on a monster, or on a Continuous Spell/Trap, means a chain starts. (Remember that activating a Spell or Trap Card starts a chain, too.)
- For any card that targets, if the effect text (after the semicolon) still refers to a ‘target’, you have to double-check that any targeting requirements are still met.
- Otherwise, if the card refers to the target using any other word (like ‘it’) in the effect text, the targeting requirements only had to be met when the target was originally targeted.
- For any card that targets, if the effect text refers to ‘both’ (or a similar term) in the effect text, you have to be able to apply the effect to ALL of the targets. If even one of the targets is no longer eligible, then the whole effect disappears.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.