This is the talk page for discussing the page, Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL.
Please try to
Please post your general discussion on the General Discussion Forum.
Speculation on it's set air date
Toonzaki on their facebook has stated that 5D's will have a total of 154 episodes, and if that's the case...
5D's will end on April 6, 2011 (if there are no more 1 week breaks like the New Year one coming up) Zexal should then begin the week after on April 13, 2011. DranzerX13 (talk • contribs) 22:49, December 13, 2010 (UTC)
Regarding title name
I don't believe the official name for this series would be "ZEXAL", but simply "ZEAL", since that's what the katakana part at the end of the original japanese title reads. It would also not be pronounced like the english word "ZEAL", but more like "Seh-Al".
I think the "X" found right in the middle of the english depiction of the title is merely decorative. I agree that it's given to mislead people who don't read japanese. There is a small chance I might be wrong, but still I thought it was worth sharing this potential correction, or just pointing out this curiosity.
Oh, and sorry... but I'd rather not leave my IP to be known to the general public. Don't ask. —Preceding undated comment added 20:17, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
- If you'd rather not have your IP visible, you should create an account. By simply editing a page while logged out, anyone can find your IP, regardless of whether you leave a signature or not.
- Albeit silent, the "X" is indeed part of the name. It has been written in a normal font in V Jump as "ZEXAL" and the url of its official site includes the "X": http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/yugioh-zexal/main_index.html -- Deltaneos (talk) 20:25, December 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Just a suggestion, you could write it like this: ZE×AL, I think it's pretty clear that × (ALT+99998) is decorative. I understand the consensus was made, and quite some time ago, but I just thought I might propose an alternate option that no one has yet. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:26, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the suggestion. That's a multiplication symbol and I haven't seen anywhere else present it using that symbol. I don't think it's our place to introduce an alternate way of writing it. I don't see the problem with using a regular "X". I can see how one can think the "X" is a decoration based on the pronunciation and logo, but official sources in typeface (example) show that the "X" is part of the spelling. Based on this, we can conclude it's a silent letter, not much different than the "k" in "knife". -- Deltaneos (talk) 23:51, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
yuma main monster (aparently)here i leave you guys a pic of which seems to be a monster used by yuma (possible an excess monster. not aero shark, owned by ryoga). Yes, im Pato (talk • contribs) 04:25, December 19, 2010 (UTC)
Why did people put it as Excess Summon on wikia? The Katakana reads EKUSHIIZU, which surely tranlates to Exceed?
In ZEXAL it doesn't seem like there is any new form of dueling in Yu-gi-oh! they dueled in arenas and duel disks like in gx in 5ds they rode motorcycles correct me if i'm wrong but i really don't see the point do they even use motorcycles here because every yugioh series has the old way of dueling and the new way this is just weird. I would like to adda that in kazuki takahashi's page on this wiki it says that 5ds would be the last it feels like he doesn't even like his creation and that he is tired of it. Please help me understand these two conflicts.-Av293 19:44 PM Jan. 1, 2011 —This unsigned comment was made by Av293 (talk • contribs) 03:45, 2 January 2011 (UTC)
- If you type ~~~~ at the end of your message, it should automatically create a signature with links to your user page and use the server time zone.
- There is a new way of dueling in ZEXAL, using D-Gazers.
- Saying Takahashi doesn't endorse the new series or is tired of Yu-Gi-Oh! because he had wanted 5D's to be the last would be original research, so it shouldn't be mentioned on his page or this page. Anyway, the bunkoban afterwords suggests that he does like 5D's and has even designed characters for it. In his blog, he has said that he has done some character design for ZEXAL and seems to like it. -- Deltaneos (talk) 14:53, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
Do any of you guys know what the knew legend that is about to begin is. It says in the plot that a new legend will begin when Ryoga and Yuma duel. So in the original series it was about an Egyptian pharaoh, in 5ds it was the signers and the Nazca lines so what is it now? It is weird because there is an artifact that was used (so it has to be special), a gate with a weird face on it, and two duelists, and when they duel a weird entity shows up, a little familiar to anyone. That is the same thing with 5ds sort of, Yusei and Jack duel and then the crimson dragon appears sounds pretty similar to me. But anyways, does anyone get what these guys have as a plot? Av293Av293 (talk • contribs) 22:03, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
because the plot reminds me of the 3 series yu-gi-oh! astral lost that memory and that key that reminds me of the Millennium Puzzle yu-gi-oh! gx that are in school and most children look of the characters yu-gi-oh! 5d's for special invocation and the duel between Jack and Yusei which appears crimson dragon in this case the duel between Yuma and Ryoga in which they are astral
pardon if I'm wrong in something I do not speak very well English I speak Spanish but this wiki is more complete
It says that ZEXAL takes place in "the near future," but what does that mean? Is it the future after the original series or after 5D's? I think it would be best to clarify this. --GoldenSandslash15 (too lazy to log in)
Main Haru Tsukumo and Tetsuo Takeda ?
Any word on the anime being licensed?
Now that ZEXAL is starting in Japan, and 4kids is in the middle of 5D's, has there been any word of Studio Gallop or NAS (or whoever is in charge of production for that matter) deciding to license it to somebody else, or will they wait until 4kids is done with 5D's before an announcement (if any) is made?
- 4Kids didn't call 5D's "5 Duel Scoop". A magazine containing five articles on Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's referred to the five articles as "5 Duel Scoop" and many people misinterpreted that as being what the series name stood for. Odds aren't in favour of 4Kids dubbing this series. See Forum:TV Tokyo + NAS sues 4kids for more information. -- Deltaneos (talk) 20:42, March 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Hmm, I wish VizMedia would take the license for it. In my opinion they're one of the best dubbers, with Funimation in second. (Because of their One Piece takeover and the 90s DBZ dub). Viz does well with Manga so perhaps they might take dubbing it before 4Kids decides to. I also wish Viz redubs 5Ds as well.TanorFaux (talk • contribs) 18:27, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
- No. The court case is delayed sufficiently and 4Kids has the rights to YGO until the case is actually settled. Sources seem to indicate that they are planning to stop dubbing 5D's and start dubbing ZEXAL, since 5D's has been a ratings failure recently. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 16:31, June 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Goes to show how much I know what I'm talking about... I really should add a disclaimer to my userpage stating that I probably don't know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to just about anything but technical wiki-related stuff (and sometimes even then). =D 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 19:52, June 20, 2011 (UTC)
Why does it say that the correct pronunciation of Zexal is zeal when it's clearly pronounced zael? The "Zeal" in Zexal is pronounced zeh-ahl (or zeh-ah-ru, technically) in Japanese, so the spelling makes sense to them. And it's the OFFICIAL spelling, so I'm not saying we need to change THAT. But despite the odd spelling, it SHOULD be pronounced zael.
- Are you pronouncing the "eh" in "zeh", like the Canadian "eh" or like the "eh" in "meh"? Assuming you meant like the Canadian one...
- Isn't ゼ pronounced "ze", not "zeh"? Like how ゼロ = zero, not zehro or zaero. To me it sounds more like they're saying zee-ahr, than zeh-ahr here. It's also spelled ZEXAL with a decorative X, rather than ZAXEL. -- Deltaneos (talk) 13:46, July 9, 2011 (UTC)
I didn't mean like a Canadian "eh". I meant like "meh". ゼ (ze) rhymes with "meh". You can't really try to go by how it SOUNDS unless you are very familiar with the language, because most Americans I've spoken to seem to think they hear things that are actually VERY different from what's actually being said.
Also, I said that it's written ZEXAL rather than ZAXEL because to the Japanese, ZEAL makes sense to be pronounced zeh-ahl. ゼアル is written ze-a-ru in alphabet characters. Those morae are pronounced zeh-ah-roo (all short sounds...Japanese short sounds are not the same as English ones, by the way). Zearu becomes Zeal if you change "ru" into an L. It makes sense to the Japanese, but not so much to English speakers. Either way, it's official, and whether it LOOKS like it should be pronounced zael (rhyming with kale ) or not, it IS pronounced that way.22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:15, July 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh apologies, I understand what you mean now. I was mistakenly pronouncing the Japanese -e syllables like the -i ones. I think you are right about the zeh-ahl pronunciation now. -- Deltaneos (talk) 19:17, July 9, 2011 (UTC)
So, am I allowed to correct the pronunciation? Also, though it's not on this page, Xyz is meant to be pronounced ex-seez; you know, like the sounds the letters make as a word. I know Konami's site says "It’s pronounced ik-seez. (You say it like a word. Don’t just spell out the letters!)", but their pronunciation contradicts what they say afterwards. The letter X wouldn't make an ik sound. Sounds like some weird kind of accent if you ask me... Like saying "ik-struh" (extra) or "the letter iks"...126.96.36.199 (talk) 00:32, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- I've no objections to changing the pronunciation on the article. You should probably mention in your edit summary that anyone who disagrees should see the talk page if they disagree.
- Since Konami specifically used the "ik-seez" pronunciation, it's somewhat official even if it doesn't match the spelling or the Japanese name, like the dub pronunciation of "Muto". I think it's best we note both pronunciations on the article for now. If English commercials or an anime dub show that they're using the "ek" pronunciation, we can write the "ik" one off as a mistake. -- Deltaneos (talk) 01:16, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
Okay. Though, I'm assuming we'll hear both "ik" and "ex". It's like how in Dragon Ball Z Kai, the narrator pronounces Goku correctly (well, used to), while everyone else in the show pronounced it incorrectly. Correctly: goh-KOO; incorrectly: GOH-koo. Most dubs are too lazily produced to make sure everyone's pronouncing names correctly. However, in the English dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, they don't just pronounce Mutō incorrectly, they completely changed the name to Moto.188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:07, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- No, they didn't. The closed captioning always said "Muto", though they pronounced it "Moto". Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 00:19, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
Hmm... You're right. I guess that card I saw must've been a fake. I just checked my DVD and they called Yugi's granpa "Sugoroku Muto", but they pronounced the Muto part as Moto. Weird...184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:57, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Sugoroku is his Japanese version name. He's called Solomon in the English anime, unless you happen to have the 4Kids uncut DVDs (or the Singaporean dub if they have DVDs), which mix English and Japanese names. -- Deltaneos (talk) 19:01, July 12, 2011 (UTC)
"Popular Evening Slots"
It's called prime time.
Do you idiots know what you're talking about?
- Ignore the "X" (which you can see is purely decorative from the ZEXAL logo and from its pronunciation), and you get zeal. Beyond that, I really couldn't say what implication Konami is going for here. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 21:50, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
Yu-gI-oH! Zexal CW4Kids Toonzai!
When will they start dubbing Zexal?
Since they have stoped 5d's in the 136th episode, when will they start dubbing zexal? Because, i think they should start know. If cut us from 5D's, it´s the least they can do... —This unsigned comment was made by Meklord1 (talk • contribs) 18:45, September 30, 2011
- They've already started dubbing it. It is airing October 15th.220.127.116.11 (talk) 22:38, September 30, 2011 (UTC)
Sound Duel Volume 1
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ff47JI3wIE&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL53E514F04D512F58 --Ultimo Hana (talk • contribs) 03:01, October 12, 2011 (UTC)
- It was never specified. Though the statues in the Duel Lodge hint at it being the same universe. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 02:09, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
That's never been said, just like in 5ds we don't know what happened to any of the characters (this is from the Japanese version mind You). They could be alive, they could be dead. Jamesfury (talk • contribs) 03:18, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
RE: Duel statues...you see DM and GX monsters but nothing from 5Ds, which is odd considering Yusei and his gang were kind of famous at the end of the series. They never reference 5Ds at all to the best of my knowledge (Synchros, Neo Domino, etc.) which implies that it takes place in a different setting.
A lot of people speculate that Zexal is the "alternate" to 5Ds. Basically it takes place a while after GX in a world where Moment was never invented and all subsequent events never happened. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 21:04, June 15, 2013 (UTC)Moony
- It's like Darkness is to Light. Xyz Monster is to Synchro Monster (Anti-Matter to Matter). And they have different using of gears and anything (D-Turbo, D-Gazer, D-Pad, etc.) --iFredCat 21:38, June 15, 2013 (UTC)
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Zexal is a parallel sequel to 5ds, meaning it takes place at around the same time, albeit in a completely different location...most of the events in 5ds were within neo domino city, and I don't think heartland city is the same city at all
We have to end editors adding impossibIe voice actors to the characters. Martin Short can not be the voice of dr faker as he is a union actor in the screen actors guiId and 4kids is non-union. 4kids couIdnt even get the originaI 80s tmnt actors for the turtIes forever movie as the fiIm actors guiId wouIdnt Iet them work on it as there wouId be non-union actors in it. the union is strict on its ruIes on who it Iets work on what and aII Iogic sez no. i know some minor actors work on animes Iike with robotech but never someone as high status or with as much fame as martin short. aIso, isnt 4kids having cash issues? i dont think 4kids can afford union actors (even at scaIe). Chiissu (talk • contribs) 00:39, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
Do we really need this section? Yes, I prefer having it here to having trivia scattered all over the rest of the wiki, but some of the allusions should really go without saying. And some of the others are so unlikely to be intentional its not even funny. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 01:30, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Agreed. Most of it is boring and the 5D's or GX page don't have that section so I don't think anyone would miss it. Dunkles Magiermädchen (talk • contribs) 18:24, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
It was recently announced that Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal will be getting a new title. I'm pretty sure they are tacking on a new line at the end, so it will now be Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal II. In that case, would we need to create a new article(even thought it will still be Zexal, not a different anime) or just include another slot on this main page??? --PhotonKaito (talk • contribs) 21:02, August 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Is this the Japanese or English version? Also, where was this announced? -- Deltaneos (talk) 21:59, August 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Odd, you sure it doesn't just mean a second season, as opposed to a new series which will behave like a second season? 22.214.171.124 (talk) 01:28, September 6, 2012 (UTC)
ZEXAL has thus far had no official arc names. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to call the current arc? I've seen "Attack of the Barians" being thrown around quite a bit. I really dislike that name. Would "Barian Invasion" work? Despite what I've said before, we can't just call it Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL II when referring to the arc. The season, yes, the arc, no. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 04:33, October 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I want to say "Barian's Force" for whatever reason. >_>--Ryusui (talk • contribs) 04:41, October 23, 2012 (UTC)
Kite Tenjo? Obital 7 Turning in to a Duel Runner
Can We Create a New Page Called The Overlay Netowrk?
Hi Guys I Was on ZEXAL Wiki And I Found a Page That Tells of The Overlay network Each Picture Shown the Color of Overlay Network And Even Chaos Xzy Network i Was Wondering If We Can Create a Page Notice Each Overlay Network Portal is Different Colors Seeing The Page Realizes Heck We Should Create An Overlay Network Page Showing Different Colors Top And Bottom And Front or Back Like How The Sparrow Did His Overlay Network Theses Many Examples How Overlay Networks Appeared in ZEXAL (107Number (talk • contribs) 02:34, December 27, 2012 (UTC))
- Could you please try not to type the first letter of every word in capitals? Anyway, yeah, a page for the Overlay Network is a good idea. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 04:01, December 27, 2012 (UTC)
I've finally stumbled upon what's probably one of many places where the name of the series is officially written out in English, outside of a logo. It's capitalised Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal there: http://www.konami.com/yugioh/blog/?p=12053 Should we rename the page or are there other sources that capitalise it otherwise? -- Deltaneos (talk) 01:05, February 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Sometimes they capitalize everything, but it's been primarily lowercase in official product stuff pretty much from the start, actually. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 01:14, February 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, I think I'm mistaken. As far as I can tell, Konami's news and tournament blogs have never used all capitals... --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 01:30, February 19, 2013 (UTC)
New Episodes Confirmed
new npisodes confirmed ok guys i visted neo ark cradle And found new episodes here they are
Episode 94 Shingetsu no Kiki! Anyakusha Bekutaa no Shuugeki (Shingetsu's Crisis! Attack of Vector the Conspirator) March 3rd, 2013 Yuma races to the rescue when he gets an urgent call from Shingetsu. He finds Shingetsu dueling a Varian. The Varian pulls away from the fight, resulting in no conclusion. Their name is "Vector". Shingetsu reveals that Vector is a despicable and diabolical Varian who has troubled the Varian's Guardians for years. Bracing himself for the appearance of such a Varian, Yuma fights Vector in a Duel! ... And it is revealed that the two have fogught before...!? Episode Writer: Suzuki Yasuyuki
いざ決戦の地へ！皇の鍵の飛行船、発進！！ 第95話 放送日：2013.03.17 凶悪なバリアン・ベクターに、自分の身代わりとなってさらわれた真月にショックを受ける遊馬。消えたベクターから「マスター・キー・ドラゴン」のカードを受け取ったアストラルは、このカードから不思議な力を感じるのだった。そんな時、遊馬のもとへ駆けつけたカイトと凌牙はこの事件にバリアンが絡んでいることを知り、すぐにでもバリアン世界へ乗り込もうとするが、その方法が見つからないでいた。
脚本家：待田堂子/演出：茉田哲明/コンテ：桑原 智/作画監督：Noh Gil-bo
Episode 95 Iza Kessen no Chi he! Ou no Kagi noHikousen, Kesshin! (Let's Go! To the Final Battle! Let's Start 'er up, the King's Key Airship!!) March 17th, 2013 Yuma is shocked when Shingetsu, who stepped in for him, ends up being kidnapped by the diabolical "Vector". Meanwhile, Astral recieves the card of "Master Key Dragon" from Vector. He senses a strange power from that card. At that time, Kite and Shark rush to Yuma, knowing a Varian was involved. Yuma is now determined to get to the Varian World, but he has no idea how to get there. Episode Writer: Machida Touko
狂気のベクター 魔境サルガッソの闘い！ 第96話 放送日：2013.03.24 異次元飛行艇でサルガッソにやってきた遊馬たちを待っていた、ベクターたちバリアン。そしてベクターへの怒りが頂点に達した遊馬のデュエルが始まった。同時に、カイトvsミザエル、そして凌牙vsドルベとのデュエルも始まる！このサルガッソに仕組まれたフィールド魔法「異次元の古戦場」は、遊馬たちのLPをどんどん削っていく。身も心も傷つく遊馬に、ベクターは衝撃的な事実で更なる追い討ちをかける！
Episode 96 狂気のベクター 魔境サルガッソの闘い！ Kyouki no Bekutaa: Makyou Sarugasso no Tatakai! (Vector's Madness: The Battle Aboard the Ominous Sargasso!) March 24th, 2013 When the Different Dimension Airship reaches "Sargasso", Yuma and the gang runs into the Varians who are a part of Vector's gang. Yuma begins a Duel against Vector, with his anger at its very limits. Meanwhile, Kite duels Misael, while Ryouga ends up dueling Durbe! "Sargasso" is actually a planned Field Spell Card called "Ancient Battlefield of the Different Dimension", that slowly whittles away at Yuma, Kite and Shark's Life Points. Yuma, already suffering mentally and physically, suffers an even greater blow when Vector reveals a shocking truth! Episode Writer: Hirota Matsutaka
敗北へのカウントダウン！ デッキ破壊の恐怖 第97話 放送日：2013.03.31 ベクターの卑劣な罠により、身動きがとれなくなった遊馬とアストラル。何の疑いもなく信じてしまったことが、アストラルたちみんなを傷つける結果となり、悔しさが増すばかり…！そんな遊馬を、小鳥たちNo.倶楽部のメンバーは懸命に応援する。アストラルも遊馬の過ちを受け入れ、2人はゼアルへと姿を変え攻撃を仕掛けるが、ベクターの発した言葉でアストラルの様子が一変してしまう…!!
脚本家：広田光毅/演出：望月敬一郎/コンテ：須永 司/作画監督：宍倉 敏
Episode 97 Haiboku-he no Kauntodaun! Dekki Hakai no Kyoufu (Countdown to Defeat! The Terror of Deck Destruction!) March 31st, 2013 Due to a cruel trap by Vector, Yuma and Astral can no longer move. The fog of confusion grows thicker for Yuma as he learns all the things he believed in 100% have only been hurting Astral and everyone else.Kotori and the rest of the Number Club, and even Astral decide to accept the mistakes Yuma has made. And the two united to become ZEXAL and decide to attack. But, a few words from Vector causes Astral's body to completely change...!! Episode Writer: Hirota Matsutaka
限界突破!!「希望皇ホープレイ・ヴィクトリー」 第98話 放送日：2013.04.07 悪に染まったアストラルに主導権を奪われたダーク・ゼアル。驚異の攻撃力でベクターに大ダメージを与えるが、その戦いぶりは自らもダメージを受ける危険なものだった。自分のせいでこんな姿になったアストラルにショックを受ける遊馬だが、このままではデュエルに負けてしまう…しかし遊馬の声は、もはやアストラルには届かない。ベクターが決定的な攻撃を放った時、アストラルを守るため、遊馬が決死の行動に出る！
Episode 98 限界突破!!「希望皇ホープレイ・ヴィクトリー」 Genkai Toppa!! Kibouou Hoopurei Vikutorii (Shatter the Limits!! "Hope Ray Victory the King of Wishes"/Break the Limits!! "Hope Ray Victory the King of Wishes") April 7th, 2013 The corrupted Astral takes control of "Dark ZEXAL". Although he's able to inflict massive damage to Vector due to his incredible offensive might, the way he fights is a manner that no longer cares what damage he takes. Yuma is horrified at the change in Astral, and realizes at this rate, they'll lose the Duel... ... but Astral refuses to listen to Yuma anymore. When Vector unleashes an attack that'll decide the entire Duel, in order to protect Astral, Yuma decides to take a desperate gamble... ...! Episode Writer: Zappa Gou
飛行船再起動! 伝説のNo.を目指せ!! 第99話 放送日：2013.04.14 サルガッソの戦いで敗れたベクターは、遊馬に対する憎悪から次なる脅威を引き起こす。それは、バリアン世界の「神」の復活！一方、遊馬とアストラルは、異次元飛行船に示された一馬からのメッセージから謎の遺跡に眠るNo.の存在を知り、仲間たちとともに遺跡を巡る冒険へ旅立つことに。最初の遺跡に向かう道中「ナッシュ」と名乗る謎の少年と出会う。果たして彼の正体とは…!?
脚本家：吉田伸/演出：李カンミン/コンテ：桑原 智/作画監督：Lee Suk In
Episode 99 Hikousen Saikidou! Densetsu no Nanbaazu wo Mazase!! (Restart the Airship! Aim for the Legendary Number!!) April 14th, 2013
Allusions to marik
is vertrix's revenge similar marik's way trying to get his revenge on yami yugi but trying to kill him if i am correct vetrix is trying to kill dr. faker (126.96.36.199 (talk) 20:08, June 22, 2013 (UTC))
What will come After Yu-Gi-Oh ZEXAL
so what does everyone think will happen after yugioh zexal do you think there will be a new and different sereies or they might end yugioh Bblitz (talk • contribs) 11:41, October 29, 2013 (UTC)bblitz
So this has always bugged me how people find this most nitpicky of similarites and add them as "allusions" to past series, so im gonna go clean some of the nonsense up(things like two characters wearing the color red, or some other trivia that is posed based on opinion only).F8lfire (talk • contribs) 20:00, April 13, 2014 (UTC)
I think the Allusions section of the page should be deleted, as most of the information is rather nitpicky, and this is the only page on the entire site that has it.F8lfire (talk • contribs) 19:25, October 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Strong support. -- The Talk Goblin 06:31, October 23, 2015 (UTC)
Alternate timeline/alternate universe?
"GX" is a sequel to "Duel Monsters" (anime series). It takes place within the same universe, namely it is set 10 years after the final events of "Duel Monsters". "5D's" is set further into the future after the present events of GX. So what I am trying to say is, that Yugi Muto, Jaden Yuki, as well as Yusei Fudo lived in the same plane of space (same universe) but at different points in time (timeline/history).
My Question is: Considering that as of February 22nd of 2015, all episodes have been dubbed into English (noting that the wiki is written primarily in English after all): Is ZEXAL considered to exist in the same universe as any of the previous anime series (Duel Monsters, GX, 5D's)? Does it make reference to the events that occurred in any of them? Any of the characters of those series?
- No, it doesn't, bar the episodes at the Duel Lodge where statues of GX and DM monsters (and Blade Armor Ninja) are shown. Does that mean that it's an alternate universe? No, it does not. In fact, the Original Dimension from ARC-V splitting into dimensions based on DM, GX, 5D's and ZEXAL implies that they are all in the same universe. This whole "ZEXAL is non-canon" garbage is only a thing because people dislike it and want to dissociate it from the other series.
Continuing on that, why on earth is there a timeline placement section on the main page? Does that even need to be in there? It seems too opinionated to be a thing. Sanokal K-T (talk • contribs) 19:17, January 21, 2017 (UTC)
- There is no official word on timeline placement post-5D's in any capacity, nor I think there will ever be.
- And yes, that section should go, I see its already been taken out. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 22:04, January 21, 2017 (UTC)