I feel the current name "Magic-Power-Induced Explosion" is far too literal of a translation.
Some alternate translations I've found and devised include:
- Spell/Magic Explosion (Spell Explosion is used by NeoArk)
- Exploding Magic is used by translators on Pojo.
- Explosive Magic/Spell
- Explosive Magic Power (to go along with the original translation of "That Wacky Magic!" which was "Rampaging Magic Power" which also featured Magicat/dog)
- Mana Explosion
- First choice: Maryoku means Magic Power, so no; that doesn't even mention power.
- Second choice: Again, power is missing.
- Third choice: Again, power is missing.
- Fourth choice: We only make changes to fit the TCG if it's an archetype, or if it's 95% certain it will get changed to fit a theme in the TCG. And your suggestion doesn't even fit with "That Wacky Magic!".
- Fifth choice: We don't refer to magic power as mana. That's like translating life energy into qi, every time.
I'm pretty ok with this translations. Is it literal as heck? Absolutely! I'm just happy that it leaves little room for "creative intepretation". Talk to the Turtle) 13:05, July 17, 2012 (UTC)- (