This is the talk page for discussing the page, Summon chant.
Please try to
Not just Synchro Summons?
Carly and Misty have chanted before Summoning their Earthbound Gods. Is that considered to be the same type chanting as this? If so, should we move this page to Summoning chants? -- Deltaneos (talk) 21:51, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
- Makes sense to me because I know Rudger and Bommer chanted too (didn't really pay close attention to Kiryu's duels and I never saw Demak's duel)
We can always change the name of page to Summon Chant. --Kuribohfan 13:52, 8 May 2009 (UTC)Kuribohfan
Marik and Atem give chants for summoning the Winged Dragon of Ra and the Paradox Brothers have a chant for summoning Gate Guardian. Would those count?--22.214.171.124 19:43, 4 July 2009 (UTC) they are not synchro monsters bt there chants count i think Sartorias 11:18, September 6, 2009 (UTC)
Lightning Warrior has no chant?
Does lightning warrior have a Synchro Chant? If it doesn't someone should make a note of that.
Can we get the Kanji/Romaji for the summon chants for those who want to use them instead of the English translated/dub chants?
I haven't seen the Yuugi/Jonouchi VS Mei/Kyuu Duel in Japanese, but if they do a chant there, then it counts. The little chanting Marik/Atem use for Ra definitely doesn't count.
Added what I was looking for to Yusei's chant for Shooting Star Dragon. It was removed. I'm not putting it back right now.
There seems to be some conflicts here, since Chaos King Archfiend and Red Dragon Archfiend list their Japanese names as "Demon" though yes, the Archfiends page notes they are "Daemon." In fact, a lot of the cards listed as Archfiends are variably Demon or Daemon: Shadow Tamer and Summoned Skull are Demon, while Beast of Talwar and Fiend Skull Dragon are Daemon. There are many more but I'm not going to look at every Archfiend page to see what they say.
- 'Just mentioned this a few minutes ago elsewhere. I didn't notice there was already a discussion here. "Daemon" and "Demon" are both acceptable transliterations. Since "Red Dragon Archfiend" has been written as "Red Demon's Dragon" in the Japanese anime on Yusei's visor, "Demon" seems to be the more official one. -- Deltaneos (talk) 23:45, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
Subtitles By Toonzaki
Toonzaki is hosting subtitled episodes of 5D's. This, of course, includes the Summon Chants.
I would like to request that these translations of the chants be recorded here as well as the fan translations and the Japanese characters and romaji.
Mugen Kagemaru 12:48, January 31, 2011 (UTC)
They've started doing chants in the dub (sort of..) For example, in the latest English episode, Yusei chants "From three come one, and from one comes great cosmic might!" followed by something about Synchro Summoning Stardust Dragon. Is this worth mentioning? Lappyzard (talk • contribs) 21:17, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
Clearing up romaji transcriptions
Just noting that some time soon I'll correct the errors I found in the romaji transcriptions of the Japanese chants, such as misplaced particles, misread kanjis, and so on. SpecB (talk • contribs) 21:52, April 2, 2011 (UTC)
He definitely had one. And yet, I see that Number 1 got his uploaded before Utopia Roots'. I realize that the episode hasn't been subbed yet, but at the same time, NUMBER 1 ALREADY HAS HIS. WHY. Aeron Solo wuz here (If you wanna talk) 18:49, September 22, 2013 (UTC)
This page is too..... large
This page is to large, better split in sub-pages. I haves a good idea to a format
- Page-head: summon chant introduction (already set)
- Before 5d era chants: due begin very short, keep in the current page
- 5D era chants: put a link to a sub page
- Zexal era: put a link to a sub page
- Arc-v era: put a link to a sub page
- trivia: the trivia gone in the end of the current page
Shadow Maker chant
Anyone know what "Oritate" translates to? It's not descend, that's "Korinseiyo", and it's not "Show yourself", assuming that "Araware dechae". The only thing I've been able to find is that it's the name of a train station, so is it something like "Arrive?" Sanokal K-T (talk • contribs) 20:57, November 23, 2015 (UTC)
As much as many of us may be used to some of these, most notably "clustering" being used in Yusei's chants, the fact is that "gathering" has the same connotation and the Japanese word used could be correctly translated as either. I really think the fan translations should be removed from this page. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 04:15, February 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Fine by me (and "tsudoishi" isn't the only word that gets mistranslated, assuming that I'm correct in saying that "Ideyo" is "Come forth" and "Korinseiyo" is Descend".) Sanokal K-T (talk • contribs) 04:26, February 25, 2016 (UTC)
Yu-Gi-Oh! manga chants
Do any of the following quality as Summon chants?
- Thunder, water and wind are united!!! Rise, Gate Guardian! Demon god of the three elements!
– Meikyû Brothers
- Between light and darkness the gateway to chaos is opened! Now charge Gaia! Charge into the black pits of chaos! Let it suffuse you! And be granted absolute power! Black Luster Soldier!!!!
– Dark Yugi ("Gaia the Fierce Knight" was a necessary sacrifice to Summon "Black Luster Soldier" in the manga.)
- Now descend from the heavens! Behold the god of destruction! Obelisk the Tormentor!
– Seto Kaiba
- Soul of the god which sleeps in the ark... rise and show yourself!! Come forth! Sun Dragon Ra!
– Rishid (using "Royal Temple")