If you tribute a Dupe Frog or a Poison Draw Frog its effects loses its timing so it doesn´t activate but if you tribute a Sangan or a Dandylion, what happens?
- Dupe Frog and Poison Draw Frog are Optional Trigger Effects, these can Miss the Timing.
- Sangan and Dandylion are Mandatory Trigger Effects, these cannot Miss the Timing, they will activate and form a new Chain after the current chain finishes resolving.
- Falzar FZ 13:57, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
dupe frog + substitoad
I'm trying to tribute dupe frog to use substitoads effect that allows me to special summon 11 frog monster from my deck and i also want to get dupe frogs effect when he sent from the field to the graveyard. Is that legal?
- If you read the card... and what I said about Optional Trigger vs. Mandatory Trigger, you'll know...
- Sangan: "When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, add 1 monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand."
- Dupe Frog: "When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Frog" monster except "Dupe Frog" or "Frog the Jam" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand."
- Falzar FZ 01:12, April 7, 2010 (UTC)
dupe + subitoad
why do i lose the effect ? WHEN is a choice is it not?
yea i am just busting your chops wanted a clearer explanation. thanks