This is the talk page for discussing the page, Shadi Shin.
Please try to
Is Bobasa really Shadi?
Shadi is Hasan. There aren't any problems with that statement as far as I know. But is he really also Bobasa? Before Bobasa changed into Hasan, he referred to him as "My other self" and "the spirit of the stone tablet". Wouldn't that mean that Hasan is like Dark Yugi and Dark Bakura, an Egyptian spirit sealed in an item and Bobasa is like Yugi and Bakura, the host to said spirit? -- Deltaneos (talk) 21:26, November 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late reply; here's a theory that does not retcon with DSOD:
- Hasan, the NPC in the Shadow RPG, may actually not be Shadi himself, but perhaps Shadi is Hasan's present-day incarnation (similar to Priest Seto and Seto Kaiba), hence their strong resemblance.
- As seen in DSOD, Shadi (his present-day self) was murdered by Dark Bakura, meaning he's a ghost in the School arc and when he met the Ishtars.
- Yes, Shadi may also be Bobasa, and, similar to "little" Yugi being a host to his past incarnation (Atem), Hasan, Shadi's past incarnation, is Bobasa's/Shadi's other self. Scheepybird (talk • contribs) 19:57, July 31, 2016 (UTC)
- It's "Shin". "Shiso" was a mistranslation; one I'm guilty of using at the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Anime Complete Guide: Millennium Memory article. The characters ン (n) and ソ (so) look alike. -- Deltaneos (talk) 02:28, February 4, 2017 (UTC)
The dub of DSOD, which takes place in the anime universe, also refers to Shadi as "Shadi Shin", so should Shadi be renamed, or is it only a dub name? Scheepybird (talk • contribs) 18:01, February 4, 2017 (UTC)
- Why do you think it takes place in the anime universe though? The anime placed Kaiba at the Ceremonial Duel, while he wasn't in the manga. If you watched the flashback scene near the beginning of the movie, you'll notice that Kaiba was noticeably absent. Anime Kaiba came to terms with Atem leaving, while manga Kaiba never got closure. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 20:01, February 4, 2017 (UTC)