This is the talk page for discussing the page, Return of the Duelist.
Please try to
Sorry, but I think this Set is already starting with speculation. 1 - Cards used by Yuma Tsukumo is ok, but I saw nowhere this set will include cards for Kaito and Shark. You may say you "deduce" it, but we cannot know what course the anime will take until April. And 2 - Excalibur's rarity. I didn't see it anywhere either. But just to confirm, sorry if the information is correct. LegenaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) January 23rd, 2012, 13:01 (UTC)
- Just wondering, but does anyone think it may be named "Return of the Duelist" in regard to The Forked Paths of Destiny! Yuma Throws Away Dueling!, in which Yuma, the "duelist", will eventually (assuming) "return" to dueling? -Bhigpx (talk • contribs) 17:10, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- No, too early, I think that we might be seeing a "classic" duelist return in Zexal (Yugi Muto anybody?). Or at least there will be more cards based on earlier ones. Jamesfury (talk • contribs) 05:33, February 17, 2012 (UTC)
- i see the revival of many older decks... Magician, Gadget, Koa'ki Meiru rock stun, Fortune Ladys and others but i kinda like the Archetypes in this set not so much a fan of the new Xyz Monsters ... Super Dimensional Robo Galaxy Destroyer... really?
New series?! The Heroic Champions and the Magical+"Book of Spell" series
REDU-JP0XX「Ｈ－Ｃ(ヒロイックチャンピオン) エクスカリバー」星４ 光 戦士族・エクシーズ 2000/2000 戦士族レベル４モンスター×２ １ターンに１度、このカードのエクシーズ素材を２つ取り除いて発動できる。次の相手のエンドフェイズ時までこのカードの元々の攻撃力は倍になる。 (テキスト未確定)
2 level 4 warrior type monster Once per turn, detach 2 XYZ unit to activate its effect. Until the opponent's end phase, double the attack of this monster. (Unconfirmed text)
REDU-JP0XX「Ｈ－Ｃ(ヒロイックチャレンジャー) スパルタス」星 族 /
REDU-JP0XX「魔導法王 ハイロン」星７ 魔法使い族・エクシーズ / 魔法使い族レベル７モンスター×２ １ターンに１度、このカードのエクシーズ素材を２つ取り除いて発動できる。自分の墓地の「魔導書」と名のついた魔法カードの数まで相手フィールド上の魔法・罠カードを破壊する。 (テキスト未確定)
2 level 7 spellcaster type monster Once per turn, detach 2 XYZ units to activate. Destroy the opponent's magic and trap card for every "Book of Spell" name magic card in your grave. (Unconfirmed text)
REDU-JP0XX「魔導法士 ジュノン」星７ 族 / 手札の「魔導書」と名のついた魔法カード３枚を相手に見せる事で、このカードを手札から特殊召喚できる。１ターンに１度、自分の手札・墓地の「魔導書」と名のついた魔法カード？枚をゲームから除外する事で、相手フィールド上のカード１枚を破壊する。 (テキスト未確定)
Show the opponent 3 "Book of Spell" named magic card, afterwards you can special summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can banish ? magic cards with "spellbook" in its name, destroy 1 card your opponent control. (Unconfirmed text)
New Card Concept???
Has this thing about the new card concept already been confirmed? ~~ SebastiaanZ ~~
Now that the set's fully out I still don;t know what Konami means by "new concept" Chinhodado (talk • contribs) 21:57, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
Fairy King and Magician Xyz
The new OOPArts used by [III] in the anime might turn out to be a very strong archetype if they add in the final few to make it a full deck.
- Yes, they should include them, but for now we don't know if they are in. So please stop adding them until you have proof. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 14:57, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
...Why Photon Kaiser is being added over and over without a source? Stop doing that, please. Or at least, use something to prove it.
- Speaking of cards being added without sources, where does it say that "OOPArts Mayan Machine" and "OOPArts Colossal Head" are going to be in this set? Those slots could easily belong to some newer cards that'll be shown over the next few weeks, like "OOPArts Aztec Mask Golem". Just curious. --Randomaximus (talk • contribs) 19:59, March 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Pack order. The majority of the newer packs seem to be dedicated in to putting cards into order of when they were shown in the anime (which is categorised by the duelist themself e.g. Yuma -> Ryoga -> Kite -> Gauche etc), so III having Colossal Head and Mayan Machine in here is essentially confirmed seeing as they were the first 2 he used and there are 2 slots left before his known OOPArts. TheScarecrow14 (talk • contribs) 15:57, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
Fake or Real?
so, some people are unsure whether Alchemic Magician and Fairy King Alverd are true or not. well, i'm one of them too. someone said they were shown in V Jump or Weekly Jump Magazine where it usually shows the soon-to-be-released cards. also, there were even people from neoarkcradle discussing that they may be fake cards. they said that it looks very fake, and that they had white borders which most sneak peek cards dont' have. anybody believing these theories? should they be deleted? cause i have not idea what to believe in. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 06:38, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
- As for the white borders, you said so yourself, they're sneak preview cards shown in a magazine, thus the white could come from the rest of the page, though I cannot say for certain since I've never read. If these are fakes, someone went out of his/her way to make them, with the picture, series number and everything.--PoirotH (talk • contribs) 07:15, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
- The only thing we can do is wait for proof to show itself, regardless of how much debating is going on, it's just speculation, although a source for the images would be nice. If there is no source, then perhaps they should be deleted. Regardless, keeping them up won't cause the Wiki to implode or anything, so people should probably approach the situation more calmly.--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 13:58, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Looks like they're real guys... The old scans were leaked really early. http://img170.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/20120315/20/5587492820120315202222063.jpg TheScarecrow14 (talk • contribs) 15:21, March 15, 2012 (UTC)
If the "OOPArts" are going to be included in this set, then why isn't there any "Gimmick Puppet"'s so far?
- They're probably saving them for release when IV duels more, therefore they can release the lot in a pack so people don't have to purchase different packs to obtain them. TheScarecrow14 (talk • contribs) 12:13, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
Yes your probably right.
They'll probably release them too since there's already Number 15: Gimmick Puppet - Giant Killer and soon-to-be-released Number 40: Gimmick Puppet - Heaven's Strings. It's going to be expected to have all Numbers released anyway, and so far, most numbers with archetypes are usually out with it, like Number 12: Armed Ninja - Crimson Shadow and Number 33: OOPArts Super Weapon Masshu Maq. also, when have we not seen one of the antagonist with his/her cards being released, besides Z-ONE. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:14, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Z-One had two cards printed. A large quantity of major villains (usually the last bosses of the series) tend to not get a large quantity of their cards printed e.g. Darkness, Fujiwara and Z-One, but I can't think of any villain which hasn't had atleast 1 card printed (or that was already existing). Seeing as how the Tron Family will duel a lot more, they can be used to sell their archetypes (also due to the fact that when they duel, they don't kill people), therefore they can duel the main characters a lot more than ones such as Dark Signers, who died if they lost. TheScarecrow14 (talk • contribs) 16:00, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Same reason for Judai's Manga E-HERO, they saved them till enough cards being showed up; then released in PP01 pack, then later more in Legendary Collection 2: The Duel Academy Years. --FredCat 15:27, March 15, 2012 (UTC)
um, are we sure that OOPArts Colossal Head and OOPArts Mayan Machine will be released? i get that they might have their effect changed, but III might have more OOParts monsters soon, like OOPArts Aztec Mask Golem. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:51, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
I agree. What about the new OOPArts that came out in ep. 47. Plus, I think they should add in the new field spell - OOPArts City Babylon and also OOPArts Aztec Mask Golem and OOPArts Tula Guardian atleast. That should secure a good archetype. (Meklordsa5m (talk • contribs) 20:58, March 12, 2012 (UTC))
I think they should release a III structure deck or starter deck. He has a lot of OOPArts cards.
Number 33 only?
Number monster only have 1? I think that at least want 2 or 3. Generation Force release 2 Number monster that is Number 17 and Number 34, Photon Shockwave release 3 Number that's Number 10, Number 20 and Number 83, Order of Chaos release 1 Number Chaos that is Number C39 while release 2 Number monster that is Number 12, Number 96. Galactic Overlord release 2 Number monster that is Number 25 and Number 32. Hope that this set contain more Number monster
No offence, but you really don't know how this works. There are still loads of cards to fill in. And in Galactic Overlord, there is also number 7 and 11. There will be more number cards, but SO FAR, that is the only one. There'll be more. (Meklordsa5m (talk • contribs) 15:21, March 20, 2012 (UTC))
Someone just added the TCG Exclusives and the OCG imports. Where did we get this info? I saw someone on Pojo talking about it but that means as much as news coming from the onion. --Green Sscythe (talk • contribs) 02:38, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
Apparently it's from some sort of European checklist (maybe French?) for the set. Apparently this is how they found out exclusives for previous sets as well so people seem to believe it it credible. I haven't seen it though but they seem plausible. - 魔法師 MoFaatSi (talk • contribs) (talk • contribs) 03:35, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Pojo may be full of mostly bad players (for that matter, so is Wikia), but it's a pretty good source of information, especially around the time of set releases.--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 12:48, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
German Release date
This site says the german (and most likely also the French Italian and Spanish) release date of this Booster is on the 28. August. I can't find any other sources for this. Does anyone else know if this is true or not? Dunkles Magiermädchen (talk • contribs) 18:59, August 12, 2012 (UTC)
- I can't find any other sources either. The user who added it might have mistaken the North American release date for the German/European one. -- Deltaneos (talk) 16:39, August 14, 2012 (UTC)
The easy way?
So, I was thinking of a way to do the REDU english card gallery, but I don't really know an easy way to do it. Is there some kind of mass text replacer available to use that I an just take a previous gallery and just add new text to it? Blatch (talk • contribs) 23:20, August 18, 2012 (UTC)
- I had a script which converts:
REDU-EN000 Noble Knight Gawayn (Super Rare) REDU-EN001 Trance the Magic Swordsman ...
NobleKnightGawayn-REDU-EN-SR-1E.png | [[REDU-EN000]] ([[SR]])<br />[[Noble Knight Gawayn]] TrancetheMagicSwordsman-REDU-EN-C-1E.png | [[REDU-EN001]] ([[C]])<br />[[Trance the Magic Swordsman]] ...
- in a couple of seconds, from a long time ago when I was mass creating these galleries
It'll probably take like half a minute for me to make it so that it can accept the new format
REDU-EN000 Noble Knight Gawayn Super Rare REDU-EN001 Trance the Magic Swordsman Common ...
as well.Done. Which I can then plug into User:Dinoguy1000/boilerplate#Set Card Galleries to create the page. (I then get my bot for fix the alignments.)
- I tend to wait for all the names to be confirmed (then again, I usually forget), but usually (I think it was) Look234 creates the page before me because of this (which I don't know if it's a manual or an automated list).
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 12:14, August 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Uploaded scans in place of photos. Which ones don't have borders? --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 01:32, September 2, 2012 (UTC)