This is the talk page for discussing the page, Gold Rare.
Please try to
Would someone please tell me what the "lore" is? --188.8.131.52 17:19, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
- The lore is the card effect.
is a japanese card of this rarity supposed to have a gold Eye of Anubis Hologram?--184.108.40.206 03:03, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
Different rarities of Gold Rare
We all know that the Gold Ultra Rare introduced in Gold Series and Gold Series 2009 is so much different with all OCG gold series card and Gold Series 3. Should we called the recent Gold Rare cards that released in Gold Series 3 and OCG Gold Rare cards with a different name? Maybe: Gold Ultimate Rare (GUtR) (because they look like Ultimate Rare while shining). Blackwings0605 (talk) 14:15, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
I just bought some Gold Rare cards from Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions Movie Pack: Gold Edition and want to point out that they look different than the Gold Rare cards from the Premium Gold sets . In short , they look like Platinum Rare cards with gold foil .
- We have pictures of any given card from that set. if it isn't the primary image, check the gallery
- Dread (talk • contribs) 05:59, March 2, 2017 (UTC)
- How would they be different? They should be the same. How do they differ?
- For instance, how does File:PandemicDragon-MVP1-EN-GUR-1E.png differ from File:CyberDragon-PGLD-EN-GUR-1E.png? I own some Gold Rares from PGLD and subsequent Gold Packs and they also look like Platinum Rares but with the golden foil (I also own a Platinum Rare, at least). I don't have them with me at the moment, but I'll double check this when I have the chance. Becasita Pendulum (talk • contribs) 19:21, March 2, 2017 (UTC)
- better example, try comparing Duza the Meteor Cubic Vessel to an actual Gold Secret rare like Rank-Up-Magic Argent Chaos Force. on Duza, the Secret foil effect is on the entire Card, save the text box, the exact same effect the Platinium Secret Rare has. It's also MUCH MUCH Brighter, the Premium Gold Gold Rares were much darker than any other Gold Rare, especially on the border coloring. but that's comparing the Gold Secret Rares
- For the actual Gold Rares though, there are still some major differences in Brightness, but it doesn't show up well on the Images here, so look at some IRL cards if you can.
- Yeah, I overlooked the fact the Platinum Rares would cover the whole card. I searched for box openings, but I can't draw a precise conclusion on the Gold Rares. As for the Secret Gold Rares, yes, they are different. However, they are still addressed as Gold Secret Rares and Gold Rares; which suggests an update of the rarity design (at least, I'd interpret it like that; we had cases like this in the past, mainly with the Gold Rares, incidentally). This could be noted on the individual rarity pages. Becasita Pendulum (talk • contribs) 20:04, March 2, 2017 (UTC)
- you'd need to look at the actual card yourself, camera's don't really capture it that well. like I said the whole card is much brighter, especially the borders.
- But as you said, this isn't a new rarity. minor details have been changed before (see Ultimate Rare for example). On the Other hand, it's not like we don't have "unofficial" Rarities already listed Ultra Secret Rare and Secret Ultra Rare Exist for cards that were known to be misprinted. accordingly these look more like Platinium Gold rares
- Yep, definitely.
- The thing is, these were not misprinted or anything. And, so far, they don't co-exist with the PGLD etc. Gold Rares. So everything suggests it's an update to the rarity design. We'll see. The Gold Rares, before, also had brighter tones, for instance.
- Our rarities, in general, could use some cleanup.
- Thanks for your help! You can point those changes on the Gold Rare page. In the meantime, I'll see if I can grab one too. Becasita Pendulum (talk • contribs) 21:50, March 2, 2017 (UTC)