This is the talk page for discussing the page, Gladiator Beast.
Please try to
Y'know, a good strategy with this deck is that, after Gladiator Beast Gaiodiaz has attacked during your turn, you special summon Gladiator Beast Bestiari among the two Gladiator Beasts you summon by Gaiodiaz's effect, so that you can immediately fusion summon Gladiator Beast Gyzarus right away. Or, if you have a Gladiator Beast in the Graveyard, then you can summon Gladiator Beast Darius among the two you summon by the effect of the Gladiator Beasts Gaiodiaz, Gyzarus, or Secutor, so that the number of beasts you have would go from 1 to 3. That way, if you choose Gladiator Beast Laquari to be one of those three, you could fusion summon Gladiator Beast Heraklinos immediately.--Dragonking 01:46, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
Adding a Tuner and Synchro monster to this archetype like they did with the Aliens would be broken, because no matter what cards a Gladiator duelist gets first, as soon as they draw a Gladiator Beast, it's 2 or 3 turns until they summon that monster. Even if they gave the Synchro Monster a high level to try to make it hard to summon, a player could always summon more than one Gladiator Beast and/or change their levels.--Dragonking 21:39, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Unless they made the Synchro and Tuner horribly broken, Gladiator Beasts won't use it, Gladiator Beasts tend to stay out of the graveyard and it would be unrequired to make them synchros when they could make them fusions that have Contact Fusion effects.--Moneypony 01:26, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
if they made a "Gladiator beasts tuner it would already be broken sense its a gladiator.glads decks would run 3 Darius and then start synchroing like crazy. I would personally think that it would have to be a level 1 tuner so that it couldnt be to insane. mainly glads would turn into a synchro turbo deck based on synchroing whatever the glad tuners level is.
I been wondering this for a while now. If a gladiator beast attacks or is attacked and does not survive will it's effect still activate.
- Nope. It has to survive the battle. That's why there are card effects in their support that keep them from being destroyed by battle. Speedball 03:51, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
Why does it have to stay on the field when the card doesnt state it has to? my cards may be different or whatnot bbut it doesnt state it has to stay on the field, and there are effects that activate in the grave yard. So whats the deal?
- If the effect can be used in the while in the graveyard or hand the card will say so. If it does not, the effect can only be used while on the field.
are you sure that each GB must survive?
I understand that every GB must survive the battle with other monsters to summon another GB, because they must "return to the deck" but what do you say about GB Secutor?, i mean, he surely has a poor atk and def stats but, it does´nt have to return to deck to summon the two GB.
Plus, i have a question, if a GB attacks a player directly, it can be swapped at the end of the current battle phase i am right?126.96.36.199 01:55, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
well,GBs MUST survive the battle if you would bother reading the above question.A gladiator beast can attack directly and still go back since they attacked--Moneypony 01:28, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
Glads are complex unless you have rescue glads in my opinion .LD
Should we remove card choices/weakness?
I already placed most of this information in the Gladiator Beast Deck article so all this card information stuff should be removed since a archetype page should explain about the archetype,while the deck based on it will give the card choices--Moneypony 01:30, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
Gladiator's vs Bottomless
When multiple gladiator's attack in the same battle phase and then activate thier effects to summon more gladiator's, is this summoning simultaneous? If so can bottomless be chained to the summoning to remove them all? Similarly if you summon two gladiator's for Gyzarus's or Gaiodiaz's effects can you remove the two monsters from play? --B-Nine 18:23, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, I think I got your problem. Bottomless Trap Hole's effect does not target and can destroy multiple targets, so if your Gaiodiaz or Gyzarus is returned, the two monsters are summoned at the same time and your opponent can chain Bottomless Trap Hole to destroy both monsters BEFORE (Thanks Falzar FZ) their effects resolve. That's why I prefer using Darius in situations like this. However if you return multiple monsters to the deck, they are not summoned in a chain ("If 2 or more “Gladiator Beast” monsters attack or are attacked during the Battle Phase, at the end of the Battle Phase the effect of each “Gladiator Beast” monster can be activated. The effects will activate and resolve separately. They are not combined onto the same Chain." thanks to Altyrell for pointing that out in the lower section). Because of that, your opponent can chain Bottomless trap hole to any of the monsters, but the others will not be affected. Another great situation for Darius to shine.
- Also, please someone correct me if i'm wrong, because i also use this deck. Thank you.
- Fluf (talk • contribs) 07:42, February 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Multiple GBs don't tag out at the same time, they tag out separately, each in their own chain. Bottomless can't hit them all.
- If Gyzarus is returned, and 2 GBs are Special Summoned, their effects will form a chain (If they are Trigger Effects), then then you can chain Bottomless to their effects to remove them both.
- If you wait for their effect to resolve, it's too late to activate Bottomless.
- This is a fine example of why questions should be asked in the Forum. It took almost 2 years before someone finally came across it. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 07:49, February 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks, i found my mistake xD. Before posting I read the SEGOC and got confused (forgot Bottomless activates after the two have summoned). I edited the upper comment, so people don't get confused if they actually spend some time reading it. Thanks again. Fluf (talk • contribs) 21:46, February 8, 2011 (UTC)
tcg player GB mastermind gladiator beast
All gladiator beast tag out at the same time
- Yeah, um, READ the Rulings Sections of the Gladiator Beasts: "If 2 or more “Gladiator Beast” monsters attack or are attacked during the Battle Phase, at the end of the Battle Phase the effect of each “Gladiator Beast” monster can be activated. The effects will activate and resolve separately. They are not combined onto the same Chain." So no they don't happen at the same time, they happen and resolve separately.~MEOW~ Might of the BIRD Empire~~ 01:50, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
There should be a duelist in the anime that uses these cards. It can cope without spell cards somewhat, so it wouldn't be that hard for him to be a turbo duelist as well. A GB deck also has the potential to stand up to an Earthbound Immortal. Plus, it would make a for a great excuse to add some other new(ish) cards to the anime like G.B. Hunter.--Secret RareUser:Dragonking|Dragonking]] 16:37, 12 July 2009 (UTC)
- I agree. Gladiator Beast, expecially Gladiator Beast Secutor, can swarm the field and set up for an XYZ summon. Look below and on Card Tips:Gladiator Beast Secutor for strategies for summoning XYZ monsters and which to summon.
Can there be a Gladiator east deck that doesnt run Rescue Cat and is better than Rescue GLADS? If u know of one leave me a message and put up the deck list on ur page or on my pag. thx
yes there is a gladiator beast build that's better than the rescue glads deck, and im pretty sure by now you know what it is, it is the amazing A Hero Lives gladiator beast's, or Prisma Glads. it's such an amazing deck.
The reason for my confusion for the timing of gladiator beast monsters effects is the old upperdeck entertainment ruling on simultaneous effects. This states:
(Simultaneous Effects Sometimes, you will have simultaneous effects attempting to activate at the same time, such as when Mystic Tomato attacks Mystic Tomato, or 2 Sangans are sent to the Graveyard at the same time because of Dark Hole.
Whenever you have simultaneous effects, resolve them in a chain, even if they are Spell Speed 1 effects. This is a special case when Spell Speed 1 effects can be chained to each other, because they are all trying to activate at the same time and the players are not choosing to activate them.
If only one player has simultaneous effects being activated, then that player can choose the order in which they resolve.)
This looks to me like they activate in a chain but still originally activate at the same time.
Well if you're still confused, you can read SEGOC "This does not apply to effects that activate or are applied "During the ___ Phase,...", such as "Gladiator Beast" monsters. Effects like these do not form a Chain - instead, they (activate and) are applied separately. "
Anyways, why does the list on the page say "Sample Deck" and not "Recommended Cards" like a few of the other pages? that way people won't make it into a decklist. Falzar FZ 22:02, December 24, 2009 (UTC)
GB Heraklinos effect does it also work durning battle for example if it attacks n my opponent use a trap card to destory him can i use his effect to save him
as long as its not a counter trap or as long as they didn't activate the card during the damage step--Berfomet 22:58, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
Heraklinos can be activated during Battle including the Damage Step. Falzar FZ 23:07, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
yeah it can sorry my bad (last time i listen to my friend)--Berfomet 01:53, January 4, 2010 (UTC)
I know that in the article it states that the Gladiator Beast would return to your deck beofre it would be destroyed but this still does not make entire sense to me. How does this work? I know there is going to be much dispute between my friends about this and I just want to be able to set the record straight. Any help would be much apreciated. King James822 05:35, January 10, 2010 (UTC)King James822
- "Ancient Forest" is a mandatory effect. Gladiator Beast's effects are optional. Both effects activate at the same time. Mandatory effects always take Chain Link 1, while optional effects can be added on as Chain Link 2 or higher depending on the amount of effects. The Gladiator Beast's effects will resolve before "Ancient Forest", and return to the deck before they can be destroyed. DemonGodAsura 13:33, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
Changed it with optional categories because people keep adding cards that aren't good in the recommended cards part. If anyone as a better idea/way go ahead and change it. Falzar FZ 14:39, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
what terms do you people use when you return a gladiator beast to special summon another. i personally use cycle Kazisaki 12:44, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
"Tag Out" Falzar FZ 12:46, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
swap --Berfomet 00:50, April 3, 2010 (UTC)
Easy Way To Beat A GB Deck
- Sign your posts!
- Um.... no... "Any cards that would be returned to the Deck from the Graveyard are removed from play instead."
- If you want to get cards to easily beat GBs (and other decks) see: my List of cards to side in to cripple meta decks. Falzar FZ 05:36, May 29, 2010 (UTC)
One for Ones
We should remove the Icarus Attack part on the One for Ones section. It implies that the BW player wouldn't just chain the Icarus anyway. If you bring up having <2 cards on the field yourself, then it should be elaborated on. I would do it myself, but I would like to make sure everyone's okay with it. Hyorinryu 01:45, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- If you mean the part on Smashing Ground and Fissure... doing that would make it a bit complicated...
- Smash/Fissure should be used while you control no cards before activation, since it is a Target for Icarus when you play it.
- and for Limiter Removal, it should be while to opponent controls 1 monster, then you can go on about it being the same for similar cards, like against Shrink, Miniaturize, etc.
- and those situations do happen quite a lot. Falzar FZ 01:56, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
Indomitable Gladiator Beast
I noticed nothing in the article talking about the benefits of Indomitable Gladiator Beast. It is an excelent card, in my opinion. It can increase atk and return itself to the hand by returning two GB in your graveyard to the deck. If you use cards that destroy your monsters to activate, like Icarus Attack, you can use this card to return them to the deck easily. If you get a GB that cannot return to the deck after battle, discard it and use IGB. Should anybody use Synchros, use two of the low atk/lvl GBs, then return them to the deck. If you use Summoner Monk, you can discard IGB to special summon a GB, then return IGB to the hand and return Bestiari to your deck, then discard again to special summon Bestiari for a Contact Fusion. The combos are endless.
Gladiator Nordic Beast
This type of deck can be devastating if we can bring to the field to Heraklinos (which really is not that hard to summon) and Thor to the field. The combination of the effects of both in one turn can leave the opponent without any defense to negate spells and traps with our Heraklinos and deny the effect of the monsters with Thor, the result can be amazing, don't you think?? Using only the essential gladiators (but mostly the type beast or winged-beast) and the 3 most important Nordic Beasts (with support from Super-Nimbe Mega Hamster) would be an interesting combination, what do you think?? Zangetsu_Uchiha (talk) 14:59, February 22, 2011 (UTC)
Do you have some tips?
the conditions are when GB Hunter is present on the opponent's field, then I'm using GB deck. Let's say that I haven't any high atk GB on my field to defeat the defense position GB Hunter. Also, there are has present Corridor of Agony on the opponent's field. So, the conditions are so bad for my GB. But, isn't there still a chance me to win, but not with monster-destroyer cards? I need some tips! Sorry if this question sounds complicated. Quasar-Honest 04:55, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, you are supposed to stop your opponent from getting to that point so you never have to face it, because, unless you have the perfect outs, you can't do poop. You have to use "monster-destroyer" cards in a GB deck, because GBs are fragile and weak without support. That is why GB decks usually use the same amount of traps as they do monsters. -bewk 06:14, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
Gladiator Beasts Secutor and Darius makes it easy to XYZ summon monsters with ranks 3-7. Which XYZ monsters of which Rank could be used in an Gladiator Beast XYZ (nicknamed GX, after the TV series with Jaden Yuki) deck? I'll look now and report on cards that can be used, with them being out of 1-3 in usefulness.
- Leviair the Sea Dragon can be used with GB Lanista. 3/3
- Number 20: Giga-Brilliant can upgrade all your monsters Atk. 2/3
- Black Ray Lancer can negate Octavius's effect, keeping it on the field for 1 attack without activiating it's discard effect. 2/3
- Submersible Carrier Aero Shark can be used with GB Lanista. 1/3
- If Sacred Hyades is released, and you can summon it, it can change all opponent's monsters to DEF position, allowing you to safely attack. 2/3
- Number 39: Utopia can protect your GB monsters from battle. 3/3
- Number C39: Utopia Ray can reduce an oponnent's Atk. 3/3
- Number 10: Illumiknight can get a GB into the grave dor Darius, or Indomitable GB, which allows you to return 2 GB from the grave to your deck. 2/3
- Number 19: Freezerdon allows you to use it's XYZ materials instead. 3/3
- Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon gets rid of any unwanted card your opponent has. 2/3
- Number 11: Big Eye takes control of an opponent's monster, for either an XYZ summon or if you want to use it. 1/3
I know. But Levair and Aero Shark can be useful if you opponent focuses on removing from play.
- Aero Shark does far too little damage to be worthwhile. BF2 Talk Deck Guides 17:24, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Gachi Gachi Gantetsu, which increases your monster's Atk and Def. 2/3
- Shine Elf, which lowers an opponent's summoned monster's atk. 2.5/3
- Number 96: Black Mist, which lowers any opponent's monster's atk and increases it's own atk by the same ammount. 3/3
After summoning a desired Rank 2 monster, you can activate Colosseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts, but you would have lost at least a chance to get 2 Colosseum tokens. However, it's not advisable to have more than 2 field spells, and you probably want the other one to be another copy of Colosseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts to protect the active one. You can also use Gladiator Beast Bestiari to get rid of it. Instead of using A Legendary Ocean, you can use Mischief of the Yokai, which allows you to XYZ summon rank 1 and 2 monsters as well as rank 3-7. Rank 1 monsters you can use are:
- Super Star Mira protects most GB's from card effect destruction, but needs protection to stay on the field after it's XYZ materials are used up. 2/3
- Number 83: Galaxy Queen prevents your monsters from being destroyed by battle and allows them to inflict piercing damage. 3/3
- Number 56: Goldrat Acts like Card trader, allowing you to draw a card and return a card to your deck. If you draw Secutor, return him to the deck through this card. 1/3
Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon?
Would it be a good idea to run at least 1 copy of Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon in a GB deck? With Colosseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts OR Gladiator Beast Secutor and 2 Gladiator Beast Laquari, you can easily get this card out. Also, when the monsters are returned to the field through Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon's effect, are they considered Special Summoned, which allows you to put a token on Colosseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 12:14, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
Yes its a pretty good idea to have a galaxy eyes in a GB deck. And yes it is considered a special summon when the monsters are returned to the field by galaxy's effect. Also, you can use Galaxy Queen's Light which can help you easily summon a neo galaxy eyes along with the GB swarming capability.Prabal (talk • contribs) 07:50, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
No, it's really not. A good Gladiator Beast deck can't bring it out easily and has better things to do. Galaxy-Eyes is a decent card but definitely not an amazing one and not one worth using. It's dead too often and doesn't make you win games - just makes you a little stronger if you're already winning. I've used Gladiator Beasts for two years and it doesn't pay to use cards that are situational in them as most of the monsters are, in effect, dead in hand without a combo card. Colosseum is bad because it shouldn't be necessary. Oh, and the first comment is from 2011. It's pointless replying. BF2 Talk Deck Guides 13:17, July 31, 2013 (UTC)
Shouldn't it be notified in somewhere on the page that some, most or all (I'm not sure how many) Gladiator Beasts names are named on Roman Gladiators? 184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:40, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
darius xyz ruling?
i have been researching a situation with darius and i am still confused. What happens to the monster special summoned by darius, if darius is used as and xyz material. Does the monster stay or return to the deck. if it returns to the deck, if used as an xyz material with darius does it return and mean that the xyz monster only has darius as an xyz material?
Darius returns the monster to the deck when he's removed from the field. If you XYZ summon with both him and his special summoned Lvl 4 Monster, I think that it would remain an XYZ material. But I'd suggest unequipping Darius last. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:30, November 10, 2011 (UTC)