This is the talk page for discussing the page, Fire Fist.
Please try to
There is a third Flaming Star !
- Hum... Sorry to break it to ya... But We at the moment do not know, if this is a Flaming Star. Only know that is related.--Laggia Will Lag You(Talk) 02:58, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
The thing is I've also searched Japanese OCG sources and there is no mention of this third related member of the archetype. Talk to the Turtle) 05:00, July 1, 2012 (UTC)- (
@ Turtle: When the Super Strong Jump 09/2012 promo was without a name, it was even known that he is related to Hoshin. Later his name was announced as Flaming Lord Choraio. So why should not also the third one be a part of the Flaming Lords ? He is also related to Hoshin... TheGallisMan (talk • contribs) 14:15, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
I'm just having a hard time finding evidence of this 3rd card from Japanese sources. If you do have another reliable source that proves the existence of this 3rd member, then please share them here on this Talk Page. Talk to the Turtle) 14:19, July 1, 2012 (UTC)- (
I think you are missing my point. The thing is other than this shriek.twoday.net page, there are no other announcements from any other OCG Japanese sources. Usually, shriek.twoday.net gathers their info from other websites. So, once again, if you have any other sources other than this shriek.twoday.net one, please show it here. Talk to the Turtle) 04:45, July 2, 2012 (UTC)- (
- Well We know it is a Flaming Star card, but it doesn't support, Flaming Star.--Laggia Will Lag You(Talk) 12:09, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I doubt... I don't see any news about more members. I think it is only a 3 card series. It would be cool if they had like a member for each type of card, for example the next member would be like Fusion/Ritual/Normal. But i guess they are only Synchro/Xyz and Effect.--Laggia Will Lag You(Talk) 12:33, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
- NeoArk is speculating the next set will be FIRE themed, based on the "Charmer" cycle. They could become a legitimate archetype then, but it's pure speculation at this point. I just have a hunch we'll be seeing more low level FIRE monsters that the new member can support. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 14:58, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
Would everyone agreed if this page had a table where has every "Flaming Star" monster and its "Flame Spirit" (in words). I kinda saw some of them.
- Seivun has a bird looking.
- Hokei has another bird looking.
- Suneirin has a snake looking.
- Ryushishin has 8 snakes/dragon heads.
- Soko has a bear looking or tiger.
- Choraio has 2 Dragon heads.
- Houshin has a horse.
There's some that doesn't look to have, they just have only a mass flame but it's only the scan so I don't know for sure. And Choten, doesn't have because it is already a "flame spirit"... --E.G.G. (My Contributions) 19:19, September 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I was just about to suggest this. Go for it. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 15:20, September 23, 2012 (UTC)
For some odd reason, I sense a deck that Uria will love. Works with continuous traps, loves them being sent, and Uria loves traps in the grave. Just saying, I think he'll make his first competitive appearance. Dragonnathan025 (talk • contribs) 13:36, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
- I wouldn't doubt that there's going to be an Elemental Lord, but odds are, it will be a damage dealer, since the Elemental Lords seem to be the Spiritual Arts with legs. I can't say anything about the FIRE structure deck, but the FIRE archetype has little to no graveyard control, only field. Besides, I was just suggesting Uria, there's always DN to test. Dragonnathan025 (talk • contribs) 18:25, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Choraio, Choten and Houshin, are meant for decks like Flamvell/Laval. The rest, is more like Barbaros, Wind-Up Rabbit and there are builds that use Mist Valley Falcon because they combo with Call of the Haunted. Uria builds are like the Barbaro's, but not very used. I personally i like to use Pitch-Black Wolf, I've use barbaros and i liked it but not much. I kinda have the feeling this isn't subject to talk in the talk page. --E.G.G. (My Contributions) 21:52, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
This deck is absolutely busted, it allows much more spamming than most decks, almost more than Inzektors or Wind-Ups.
Having played with them on DuelingNetwork, I can tell everyone here that they have answers to a lot of stuff, and things they don't have answers for, they can either incorporate it, or search it.
Uria isn't necessary, neither is Call of the Haunted. They have a monster that can summon from the Graveyard already.
- Im kinda against it. When you view it from the infobox, it looks small and unclear which is bad ----SharkTenjo 12:23, October 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Yea i think i've seen some and i want to change it to. As for this pic, maybe we can just crop it to make it square and the view will be bigger ----SharkTenjo 05:40, October 26, 2012 (UTC)
possible name change
in the neoarkcradle site, there's a new chapter in ZeXal D-Team Manga showing a team that uses this archetype. Their team name is called "Fire Stars", based on this archetype. I'm not sure if the entire archetype name should be changed to "Fire Star" since in TCG, it's going to get changed anyway, but you guys decide. LastMinute (talk • contribs) 06:56, November 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think their Name will change to be honest, Flaming Star is an Archetype of Cosmo Blazer like Mermail is an Archetype of Abyss Rising. The only thing that changed on the name was "-". The only thing they could possible do is Just take out their names and just put, for example: "Brave Flaming Star". --E.G.G. (My Contributions) 10:27, November 2, 2012 (UTC)
- But the names of Mermail and Abyss- were less likely to get changed since their name were in katakana, which are made for mostly English words. This is different. However, I don't really care about the name change. I'm just offering a suggestion due to the relationship between D-Team Fire Stars and this archetype. They named their team after it. LastMinute (talk • contribs) 02:42, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
- I've talked to Ark about this name before. Both "Fire Star" and "Flaming Star" are totally valid translations. He simply decided after the fact that he liked how "Fire Star" sounded better. As such, if we rename anything, I would just rename the the D-Team team to match the name we're using for the archetype. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 09:29, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, this site has been wrong before. They offered a promo name for Number 40: Gimmick Puppet of Strings, and it was wrong (Gimmick Puppet Heaven's String). And I doubt Number 15 will keep its name. I think they give their own translations. Is this site even official?! MadRest 11:07, November 10, 2012 (UTC)
- SJAlpha.com is directly owned and operated by Viz Media, which is directly partnered with Konami, who supply them with all the YGO-TCG-related information they publish (and it was the same back when it was the print version of Shonen Jump). This doesn't mean SJAlpha's/Viz's info isn't wrong (your Number 40 example shows that it can be), but it does strongly suggest that if/when it is, it's not really their fault. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Fire_Fist?action=edit§ion=5#「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 19:38, November 10, 2012 (UTC)
So, you guys only changed Flame Star → Fire Fist? Not even going to follow its naming pattern? Or, does it feel risky to follow assumptions? LastMinute (talk • contribs) 00:06, November 11, 2012 (UTC)
I want to point out that while Shonen Jump Alpha may be be affiliated with Konami. It doesn't mean their info should be taken as gospel. That poll they posted lists Number 15's name as "Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Killer". I'm fairly certain this card has been confirmed to be called "Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder" in the TCG. -IceFire2050 (talk • contribs) 15:47, November 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Its not. It was called "Giant Grinder" in the dub. The TCG usually follows that, but not always. The fact is, this poll is the only official source we have for this archetype at this point, so we should go with it. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 17:00, November 13, 2012 (UTC)
fire fist lore
i just realized something. almost (didn't want to check all of them) all of Fire Fist jplore do not state Spell & Trap Card Zone - it just says "Set it on your side of the field". It's not exactly the same as Alchemic Magician. So, just in case, what if they will produce a Field Spell Card? by using the term "Spell & Trap Card Zone", you can't Set the Field Spell. LastMinute (talk • contribs) 05:15, November 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah they will make a field spell, The stronghold of the 108 Liangshan Heroes. So yeah, you might be right. And this might say another thing, they might be like Prophecy. Some cards related to the Tarot and some don't. If they make the field spell it means 2 things or it will be related to Big Dipper or to another thing. --E.G.G. (My Contributions) 11:50, November 12, 2012 (UTC)
Rename to "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist"?
I believe it has been said to change this page's name. But I believe that notice was removed; That's why I brought the subject to here, instead renaming it of all the sudden. --~NS~ 21:57, December 14, 2012 (UTC)
- We usually name these archetype pages by what their support cards refer to them by. In this case cards like "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Dragon" say target 1 "Fire Fist" monster, rather than target 1 "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist" monster -- Deltaneos (talk) 22:08, December 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah I see your point but, Konami does refer them as "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist" , Cosmo Blazer introduces some fiery up-and-coming themes: “Brotherhood of the Fire Fist”(...) and , (...) assembled together as The Brotherhood of the Fire Fist. Their mission: To cleanse the earth of evil with the fires of the heavens!. --~NS~ 22:12, December 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Konami doesn't stick to a strict definition of "archetype" for their press releases and other public statements; they have historically used the word to describe everything from what we use it for to themed decks, and then some. While this isn't directly comparable to how they name a given archetype when talking about it, it still serves to inform the discussion; I feel that we should do the same thing here that we've done with their treatment of "archetype" as a gameplay term, and ignore them in favor of consistency, meaning we should stick with just "Fire Fist", since that's what's used on the support cards. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 22:25, December 14, 2012 (UTC)
- You kinda make a good point at it; I kinda feel good coming here and ask instead of changing, like I said, the only reason I came to ask was because I saw a notice yesterday and today with all the names changed I didn't saw the notice nor the page renamed. But I'm glad that I came here and ask. Thanks. --~NS~ 22:44, December 14, 2012 (UTC)