This is the talk page for discussing the page, Doppelganger Token.
Please try to
As evidenced in the Duel of Yami Bakura vs. Seto Kaiba (Episode 200), Bakura uses his Doppelganger Token for its very special abilities on Seto's monsters. However, it is because he copied those abilities from Bakura's "Diabound Kernel", NOT because they were its original abilities specified by the card.
This card was originally mis-named "Double Ganger Token". Rather the name is DOPPELGANGER (from the German Doppelgänger), whose definition is "the ghostly double of a living person, a sinister form of bilocation" (see wikipedia:Doppelgänger). This is exactly what the card does: it copies a card on the field and creates a double of it.
If the equipped monster or "Spirit Illusion" leave the field, destroy this Token
Other Mistakes in previous card lores
- Any Battle Damage to its controller and this monster from a battle involving this token becomes 0.
- This text would make the token way too powerful, because it could then block any monster from the opponent without being destroyed and without its controller suffering damage.
- When this token is declared as an attack target, decrease the ATK of the attacking monster by an amount equal to this tokens ATK.
- Timing of activation is wrong: Bakura uses its special abilities during his own turn (i.e. HE attacks).
- THE biggest mistake however, is thinking this card is endowed with its own special abilities. Rather it simply copies the ATK, DEF, Level, Attribute, Type, and effects as the equipped monster.