This is the talk page for discussing the page, Djinn.
Please try to
renaming devil → djinn
- Irrelevant. We shouldn't speculate on names like that. Just because it's similiar doesn't mean Konami will do the same thing. They've never been all that consistent with sort of thing. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 04:25, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Wouldn't "Demonic Human" be a better translation? It's what III suggested here. 魔 = demon, evil spirit, witch. 人 = human. There's also 魔人 = magician, sorcerer, conjurer, jinn/genie. Although the person who added those translations for the last Wiktionary page has a ja-0 userbox on their user page, but does seem to have some knowledge of the language. -- Deltaneos (talk) 22:43, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- This is an archetype, with a support card that says "「魔人」" right? so here's a list of them:
- Battle Steer
- Blast Asmodian
- Dark Balter the Terrible
- Djinn Cursenchanter of Rituals
- Djinn Disserere of Rituals
- Djinn Presider of Rituals
- Djinn Prognosticator of Rituals
- Djinn Releaser of Rituals
- Dragon Piper
- Evil Puppeteer from Hell
- Infernal Incinerator
- King Dragun
- Lord of the Lamp
- Madjinn Gunn
- Neck Hunter
- Necrolancer the Timelord
- Perditious Puppeteer
- Rock Ogre Grotto 1
- Terra the Terrible
- Ultimate Obedient Fiend
- Vanity's Fiend
- Witty Phantom
- Brass Devil Mellowmellow Melody
- Curry Fiend Roux
- Drum Devil Tenten Tempo
- Holding-Hands Majin
- String Devil Muzumuzu Rhythm
- Thunder Ball
- Fiendish Trap Hole
- We know that Konami will not use "Devil", "Demon" or "Demonic".
- Magician, Witch and Sorcerer won't be it, since there are a lot of those cards already.
- So unless someone can suggest something better than Djinn, I would agree on it. (but Konami's still sorta screwed either way) -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 23:50, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- It specifically says "「魔人」" Xyz Monster though. They could conceivably use one of what you listed above and continue to specify that it only applies to Xyz Monsters. They'd be fine that way, unless they decided to make another support card later that wasn't only for Xyzs. And really, I don't see a reason why they'd make more support cards for this that don't specifically say Xyz. Don't some "roid" support cards do this with "Machine-Type "roid", as to exclude "Dark Jeroid", "Elemental HERO Necroid Shaman" and "Magical Android"? There's also "Revival Knight", which goes out of its way to exclude any non-DARK "Knight" monsters. I hate to bring this up now after we've recateogirzed archetypes already, but when the only existing support cards specifically exclude things that should be members, shouldn't we do that too? Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 01:34, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
- "Roids" should be fine as is, there's a few that don't say "Machine-type".
- *Fiend-Type "Knight"
- Didn't notice that, now that you mention it... it would solve a few problems if we did the same.
- Would be funny to see OCG Konami troll TCG Konami by making a "「魔人」" Non-Xyz Monster support card though. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 01:59, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
- It would seem so. That's why I mentioned how painful it was to bring up in my edit summary. That said, this won't affect too many pages at all, so it's a minor change, really. Actually, what got me thinking abotu this recently was the "Hyper Coat" conversation. If we were to make pages for each individual "V-Z" (which we aren't), it would exclude any non-Machines. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 14:07, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, that was User:Missign0. Can't really blame him for adding it, he may not have checked the talk page, and there are other archetypes that do categorize themselves this way, so he was just trying to help. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 14:10, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
- I've been thinking about this more recently. Take the "Worm" archetype. Every single support card only applies to Reptile-Type "Worms". The Insect-Types (and "Dimensionhole" for that matter) have no support cards. However, doing this is also jumping down a slippery slope. Does that mean we exclude Spell/Trap Cards from archetypes that have no support cards that would affect them? Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 19:50, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Hello guys. About the problem with Spells/Traps in archetypes, look at the lore of "Falling Down": "Destroy this card if there is no "Archfiend" card on your side of the field.(...)". So, any card (Monster, Spell or Trap) with Archfiend in they name is part of that archetype, even if it sounds strange (like "Crystal Counter", it is a member of the Gem archetype). Now, about the Reptile-Worms, Machine-Roids and Xyz-Devils... You can use "DNA Surgery"/"DNA Transplant" with the Worms and Roid, and, who knows, maybe Konami make a card like "Lightwave Tuning" to turn a face-up monster into a Xyz monster (just a example) and the supports will work with them. I think the only way Konami will exclude the others cards from the "Devil" archetype will be something like the effect of "Arsenal Summoner" (but then the card's lores will be too long). If Konami creates a new rule about how supports works for archetypes (for example, not using the Japanese name of the card, but the translation instead), I'll change my previous (and future) edits. --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 19:17, February 20, 2012 (UTC)
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.