This is the talk page for discussing the page, Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon (anime).
Please try to
"During either player's turn, when a card or effect that would destroy a card(s) is activated: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Xyz Monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, negate that effect."
With this wording, you would have to have an Xyz Monster in the Graveyard to activate the effect. At the time of the activation in the anime, the only Xyz Monster Yuya had was still an Xyz Material under this card. Breaker71413901 (talk • contribs) 14:31, May 9, 2016 (UTC)
- The effect of "Rank-Up-Magic The Phantom Knights of Launch" allow it to attach "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon" and itself to "Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon" upon its Special Summon, so it has 2 Xyz Materials, not just 1. Though not shown in the anime, Yuya must have detached "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon" for "Requiem" first effect earlier so that he can detach the "RUM" card to Special Summon "Rebellion" from his Graveyard. --Blackwings0605 (talk) 15:51, May 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon must have Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon as an Xyz Material to activate any of his effects. But we shouldn't go for the effects printed on the anime cards anyways, since Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon first effects also says, that it gains ATK equal to the original ATK of the target, but it gained ATK equal to the ATK the target lost (Destiny HERO - Dystopiaguys original ATK are 2800, but Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon gained 3600 ATK, which were the ATK Destiny HERO - Dystopiaguy had at that moment.) --Yshipster (talk • contribs) 16:02, May 9, 2016 (UTC)
Should we count both Yuya and Yuto as owners for this card? For you see unlike Yuya's other berserk changes he was completely taken over by Yuto including his eyes and voice and Yuto was in control during it's summoning. Please respond with what you think (YuGi Mon Cards (talk • contribs) 09:34, May 8, 2016 (UTC))
It look like you have right, pal. Since Yuto is now in Yuya's body and mind, Dark Requiem could be Yuya's and Yuto's card in same time. Besides, this is a Dark Rebellion's evolution, so this is right. Neo Razora 09:39, May 8, 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for understanding, the only other thing I'm still contemplating on is wether to change odd-eyes rebellion to Yuya and yuto's card since they both own the cards to summon it, it relates to both their archetypes and they both did it while in berserk which is only possible with both. What do you suggest (YuGi Mon Cards (talk • contribs) 09:42, May 8, 2016 (UTC))
- Yuya owns it end of. By the logic you're presenting every card in his deck belongs to both of them because they share a body. Until the time you physically see Yuto play it own his own, then it becomes his, until then, it is just Yuya's. PhotonLegion95 (talk • contribs) 09:44, May 8, 2016 (UTC)
- But unlike his other cards, Yuya can only play this one while Yuto is in possession of his body as well Yuya technically doesn't even play it, Yuto plays it while speaking through Yuya so it should be counted as both their cards not just one. (YuGi Mon Cards (talk • contribs) 09:50, May 8, 2016 (UTC))
But Yuya can summon ORED without Yuto in control as shown in episode 51,92 and 102 while requiem at this point can only be summoned due to Yuto being in control (YuGi Mon Cards (talk • contribs) 09:57, May 8, 2016 (UTC))
- In most of possession cases, the ownership is still given to the owner of the card (the character that is dueling), for example in Ushio duels with Jack Atlas in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - Episode 029, Ushio is totally under the control of Rudger and there is no way he has the power to summon Dark Synchro monster like "Dark Diviner", yet it is still considered as Tetsu Trudge card without any mentions to Roman Goodwin as the logical owner.
- Since the situation between Yuya and Yuto is long term instead of one-shot duel, I think it is the best to treat it the same case with Yugi/Yami Yugi. Ownership of the cards are given to Yuya and Yuto's Decks includes post absorption part where he shares his Deck with Yuya. --Blackwings0605 (talk) 02:54, May 9, 2016 (UTC)
So you feel we should leave Yuya as the sole owner of this card? Even though it is a dark rebellion XYZ dragon card which is obviously yuto's. (YuGi Mon Cards (talk • contribs) 03:59, May 9, 2016 (UTC))
- Its what we've been doing this whole time, so yes. It's Yuyas body, its Yuya's Deck, its Yuya's card. even if it is on loan.
- Dread (talk • contribs) 15:09, May 9, 2016 (UTC)
- That's what I would do, because we've never seen Yuto play it. Listing him implies he actually played it (and we may see him do so in a flasback soon enough). At this point, we know he owned the card, but that is not the same as thing as having a card in your Deck. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 15:46, May 9, 2016 (UTC)