This is the talk page for discussing the page, Dark Magician.
Please try to
There have only been three different pictures of Dark Magician released. These are:
Although Arkana's "red" Dark Magician, released in Japan's Premium Pack 4, has the same name as the above cards, it has a different eight-digit passcode. Because of this, this alternate-artwork card does not count as a different picture for this Dark Magician, although they are referenced to each other, with the P4-02 Dark Magician listed as "Dark Magician (Arkana)".
Please leave the artwork count alone, at least until Konami or UDE really do come out with another artwork!
--Narchibald84 02:25, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
I'm afraid you are wrong! In Japan, there is a super-rare edition-- Well, I'll show you the ultimate combo of Dark Magician
First, You must have "Dark Magician" on your field. Then, you must have Dark Magician of Chaos, DMOC for short. Next, you must have "Dedication Through Light and Darkness," "Premature Burial," "Dark Magician Girl," and "Tribute to the Doomed" in your hand.
1 Activate your dedication through light and darkness. 2 summon DMOC! 3 this is a bonus! by activating DMOC's effect, take 1 spell card from your graveyard! 4 activate tribute to the doomed to destroy one od opponent's monsters by throwing away your Dark Magician Girl. 5 activate Premature Burial, and then you have your Darc Magician Girl with the attack of 2300 points!
--BenHpark 07:30, 1 Jan 2007 (UTC)
Arabic Name Dilemma (فارس vs. ساحر) Edit
Apparently, some users insist on changing Dark Magician's Arabic name from (فارس الظلام) "Darkness Knight" to (ساحر الظلام) "Darkness Magician" while I insist on keeping it. Because of this I thought I should ask, should the Arabic name be the one used in the Arabic Anime dub (Darkness Knight), or a translation of the English name (Darkness Magician)? -- Melik el-Al'ab 12:51, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
- Use the Arabic anime name. Official names get priority over translations from other languages. -- Deltaneos (talk) 13:01, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
Color scheme Edit
I like the artwork for the 'tablet' artwork of Dark Magician, but I think that someone should photoshop it so that it has the same color scheme as the original Dark Magician (i.e, purple). Same sort of deal with DMG. Skulls 05:29, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- The "tablet" artwork IS the original colour scheme, from the manga. The Duel Monsters anime randomly changed his colour scheme to that purple one, and that single card artwork is pretty much the ONLY time it appears outside of the anime. And no idea what you mean about the Magician Girl, since she's always had the same colour scheme as far as I know. Black Magician 23:49, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
Current Contradiction Edit
Though "Dark Magician" states that it is the ultimate wizard in terms of attack and defense somebody at the yugioh card factory forgot it, because currently the best Spellcaster-type card is Endymion-The Master Magician —This unsigned comment was made by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 14:51, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- Actually Dark Magician of Chaos is stronger than Endymion. —This unsigned comment was made by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 03:05, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
Can we lock this article's page?Edit
I thought that we only used the most recent picture? And will someone block 126.96.36.199? Zeroblizzard 17:14, April 4, 2010 (UTC)Zeroblizzard
Card Artwork Edit
This card artwork is simply ridiculous. It even has a damn "DeviantArt-Styled signature". Shouldn't this page be like the Blue Eyes White Dragon page, using the most well known traditional art? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 00:11, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Consensus is to use an image of the most recently released card. And the artwork is by Kazuki Takahashi himself, and that's his signature at the bottom. If there's been another re-release of "Dark Magician" since the artwork from Takahashi came out it should be changed to that. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 00:22, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Before this sparks any sort of argument or edit war, let me clarify Cheesedude's comment: consensus is to use the most recently released English card (if it has been released in English, otherwise we use the most recent Japanese version). Personally, I like this artwork of DM; it's a nice departure from how he's usually portrayed. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 02:56, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
The Card artwork Edit
So what's the REAL reason why the OCG have reprinted it a lot recently using the original artwork but the TCG only uses the tablet artwork? They've been doing the same thing with Blue eyes. Shouldn't the TCG reprint with the same art the OCG does? And I doubt it's a legal issue, because the TCG and OCG are owned by the same people, so if they can use an art for one, they can use it for another without legal issues.Manyfaceblake (talk • contribs) 00:06, May 17, 2015 (UTC)
- Legal issues may or may not have anything to do with it, no one here can say definitively since no one here has an inside perspective on Konami's decision-making process. That being said, laws concerning acceptable content have in the past absolutely forced Konami to change things for release in different areas; for example, anti-advertising laws prevent the exact likenesses of the real-life cards from being used in the anime when it's broadcast on national television in the US.
- In this case, it could easily just be Konami's US/Europe branch wanting to use the different artwork; while they're the same company ultimately, the Japan, US, and Europe branches are fairly independent of each other and as long as the Japan branch doesn't say anything, the US and Europe branches are free to manage the game in their areas as they see fit.
- Basically, no one here can say what's really going on, because none of us are privy to Konami's internal decision-making processes, so in lieu of actual information we could only guess. Personally I would say the US/Europe branches just want to use the different artwork for whatever reason, and without any actual information, it's just as good a guess as any. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 08:04, May 17, 2015 (UTC)
Related archetypes Edit
Currently, "Dark Magician" is related to the Palladium and Red-Eyes archetypes, through Palladium Oracle Mahad and "Dragun of Red-Eyes" respectively, but if they are added, the entire page becomes blank. How to solve this problem? GuKeltke (talk • contribs) 00:40, November 18, 2019 (UTC)
- Being one of the most well-known, printed cards in the game, the Dark Magician page carries information many times that of regular pages and is often subject to overloading when adding new information. I agree with your additions but I would kindly request to only add those in, once the admins have introduced new layouts/templates to solve this issue properly.BlazeWu (talk • contribs) 08:27, November 18, 2019 (UTC)