This is the talk page for discussing the page, Card layout.
Please try to
The Fourth version
That version came out in both OCG and TCG in a special anniversary pack. I don't think it really counts as a new version of card layout since it was exclusive to those cards in that pack as well as the legal Egyptian Gods Obelisk and Ra. But the true fourth version would be the frame with a bigger text box, as well as the name and image box moved up that came out in the OCG in Starter Deck 2010 and in TCG in Starter Deck: Duelist Toolbox. Siguiendo la luna no llegare lejos, tan lejos como se pueda llegar ♫ 18:50, January 27, 2011 (UTC)
- It looks like you're right, all the cards I can find that use what I've labeled as the fourth version of card layout (which is just the JUMP Dark Magician plus what you've listed) are alternate artwork versions with Takahashi's signature, so if anything, it's more like an "anniversary layout" than a new version. It's kind of disappointing IMO, though; I rather like the "cleaner" appearance of this layout. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 23:05, January 27, 2011 (UTC)
MR Eye of Anubis Hologram
- Moved from the article since it was removed and wasn't getting answered at any rate.
Why do most Magic Ruler cards that we have images of have the Eye of Anubis Hologram in the lower-right corner, while at least two don't? Was the set originally printed without the hologram, and later reprinted with it, or was it really printed like this (or is it something else)? 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 19:17, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Delt and I discussed this off-wiki. The rule is according to what OCG Series layout the card's real-life counterpart was most recently printed with; it is not directly related to the anime series the card is featured in. For cases where a card is introduced in the anime, it is depicted using the most recent layout. Deltaneos gave a specific example (from 5D's, IIRC), a flashback to pre-5D's-anime events where some old OCG-only cards were shown in the anime for the first time, using the Series 2 layout. This actually means the image naming policy for anime cards needs to be rewritten and most anime card images will need to be renamed (which will happen anyways in the course of implementing the changes proposed in Forum:Potential image policy change, but will be somewhat more difficult for many editors since the difference between the Series 3, 7, and 8 layouts can be difficult to discern, even if you know what you're looking for). 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 05:51, November 23, 2012 (UTC)
I think the two card layout pages should be merged. It makes sense to include all the card layout information on one page, and we have more than enough separation to make it easy to follow the page and not get lost. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 16:48, July 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree. It's as simple as putting it in a new section. -SlashMan (talk • contribs) 02:14, March 4, 2014 (UTC)
Is it really necessary to list every language and slight variant of cards within a particular Series? The intent of this article is to show the changes in layout only, so the language shouldn't matter. Non-Game cards don't have a standardized layout and shouldn't be included; there also shouldn't be any need to distinguish between illegal and legal cards with otherwise identical layout. Blueapple128 (talk • contribs) 21:07, May 31, 2014 (UTC)
- I've been wanting to go through and cut down the examples myself, but didn't particularly feel like risking a fight with Take about it. If you decide to do so, though, you've got my full support. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 10:08, June 1, 2014 (UTC)
When do you people plan to put images of the pendulum card layout from the English ARC-V on here? It's not hard, there's already more than 6 episodes out Manyfaceblake (talk • contribs) 12:57, August 31, 2015 (UTC)