Tag Duel Tournament is an event in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links. It lasts from January 24, 2018 to February 4, 2018.
- 1 Event Details
- 2 Normal
- 3 Hard
- 4 Master
- 4.1 Seto Kaiba's Deck
- 4.2 Round 1: Christine & Meg
- 4.3 Round 2: Joey Wheeler & Mai Valentine
- 4.4 Round 3: Maximillion Pegasus & Mickey
- 4.5 Semi-Final: Yami Marik & Yami Bakura
- 4.6 Final: Yami Yugi & Yugi Muto
- 5 The Paradox Brothers' Challenge
- 6 Tag Duel Mechanics
- 7 Lottery Prizes
- 8 Trivia
Similar to earlier events, the player must collect Friendship Letters to enter duels in the Tournament. These are obtained by dueling normal enemies in Duel World. In addition, dueling during the event rewards players with Tag Coins—1 coin for every 100 points earned in a Duel, multiplied by each mode's multiplier—which can be traded for a wide variety of cards (picked at random via the event's card lottery).
In the Normal mode, players join with Yami Yugi, each Duel requires 7 Friendship Tickets, the Tag Coin multiplier is x1, and they must clear three rounds to win.
Yami Yugi's Deck
Skill: Reinforcements of Dark Magic: If “Dark Magician Girl” is on your team’s side of the field, add 1 "Sage's Stone" to your partner, Yami Yugi’s hand, at the beginning of his turn. This Skill can only be used once per Duel.
Round 1: Josh and Jay
Semi-Final: Weevil Underwood & Rex Raptor
Final: Mokuba Kaiba & Seto Kaiba
Skill: Blue Eyes Awakening: Add 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from outside of your Deck to your hand. (Unofficial description)
In the Normal mode, players join with Joey Wheeler, each Duel requires 12 Friendship Tickets, the Tag Coin multiplier is x3, and they must clear five rounds to win.
Joey Wheeler's Deck
Skill: Is That All Ya Got?!: If your team has less than 2000 Life Points, randomly play 1 "The Legendary Fisherman" or "Jinzo" on the field at the beginning of your partner, Joey Wheeler's turn. This Skill can only be used once per Duel.
Round 1: Nick and Emma
Round 2: Andrew & David
Round 3: Mai Valentine & Téa Gardner
Semi-Final: Ishizu Ishtar & Odion
Skill: Chain Reaction: Inflict 200 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points every time you activate a Trap Card.
Final: Yami Yugi & Seto Kaiba
Skill: Magnetic Reinforcements: Before your normal Draw in your Draw Phase, add 1 "Magnet Warrior" monster to your hand. (Unofficial description)
Skill: Robotic Reinforcements: Before your normal Draw in your Draw Phase, add 1 "X-Head Cannon", "Y-Dragon Head", or "Z-Metal Tank" (selected at random) to your hand. (Unofficial description)
In the Master mode, players join with Seto Kaiba. They must clear five rounds to win. This mode was unavailable until January 28, 2018, at which point players could play it if they already cleared Hard mode. As an additional measure of difficulty, players must begin the five rounds over if they lose even once.
Seto Kaiba's Deck
Skill: Blue-Eyes Advent: If your team has less than 2000 Life Points, randomly play 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" on the field at the beginning of your partner, Seto Kaiba's turn. This Skill can only be used once per Duel.
Round 1: Christine & Meg
Round 2: Joey Wheeler & Mai Valentine
Level 40 (Post-Update)
Skill: Warriors Unite!: Play 1 of your partner's Warrior-Type monsters from your Graveyard. This skill can only be used once per Duel. (Unofficial description)
Skill: Bond of the Amazoness: Play 1 of your partner's Warrior-Type monsters from your Graveyard. This skill can only be used once per Duel. (Unofficial description)
Round 3: Maximillion Pegasus & Mickey
Semi-Final: Yami Marik & Yami Bakura
The Paradox Brothers' Challenge
At random times after clearing rounds, the Paradox Brothers will appear as a special challenge for one hour. Players can battle them without spending any Friendship Tickets, but they may only challenge them once for each appearance.
Skill: Paradox Tactics: Worm: During your End Phase, play "Dungeon Worm" on your side of the Field in face-up Defense Position. (Unofficial description)
Skill: Paradox Tactics: Machine: Begin the Duel with "Gatekeeper" on your side of the Field in face-up Defense Position. (Unofficial description)
Skill: Paradox Tactics: Lambs: During your Draw Phase, add 1 "Stray Lambs" to your hand.
Tag Duel Mechanics
- Players begin with 6000 Life Points.
- Players share the same Field and Life Points but have separate hands, Decks, Extra Decks, and Skills.
- Players have knowledge of any face-down cards on their side of the Field regardless of who the original owner is.
- Players can conduct their Battle Phases beginning on Turn 2.
- Players and sides alternate turns; one player on team A moves, then one player on team B moves, then the other player on team A moves, then the other player on team B moves, then back to the first player on team A.
- The first player on team A has control of all cards on their side of the Field from their Draw Phase until the first player on team B ends their turn.
The following cards can be drawn from the event lottery:
|SR||"Zombyra the Dark"|
|SR||"Swords at Dawn"|
|R||"Ghost of a Grudge"|
|N||"Beastly Mirror Ritual"|
|N||"Five Brothers Explosion"|
- If a player enters this mode playing as the Paradox Brothers, only one brother appears. Likewise, that one brother performs the full Summon chant for Gate Guardian if the player Summons it.
- When playing against Andrew and David, Jay's portrait appears instead of David's both before and after the duel.
- When playing against Pegasus and Mickey, Pegasus refers to Mickey as “Sam”, the name of Sam|the boy]] who he called upon to defeat Bandit Keith.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia by expanding it.|