"Speed Duels" are a new concept introduced in the "Duel Terminal" system. You start with:
- 3000 Life Points
- 3 cards in your hand
- 10 cards in your Main Deck
- 3 Monster Card Zones
- 3 Spell & Trap Card Zones
- Certain rule elements omitted (for example, no Damage Step in the Battle Phase.)
How to play
1. Select "Speed Duel" from menu after inserting 100 yen.
2. Receive dispensed card.
3. Scan up to 3 cards (must be Duel Terminal compatible.) You cannot scan the same card twice.
4. Select a deck. Decks which you can choose will differ depending on what cards you scanned. Furthermore, if you didn't scan 3 cards, random cards will act as a filler.
5. A reel with names of duelists will spin. Touch the screen to stop it. The selected duelist will be your opponent!
7. The duel will start. If you win, the Terminal will tally your actions during the duel to give out a total score.