The Shadow Charms, known in Japan as Dark Items (闇のアイテム, Yami no Aitemu), are talismans used by the Shadow Riders. There are eight in total, one for each of the Shadow Riders, and one for Kagemaru himself. Although their origins are unknown, they appear to access the dark magic of the Shadow Games, similar to the Millennium Items, and are, in turn, all emblazoned with the Wdjat Eye. Being noticeably less important to the story than their aforementioned counterparts, the nature of their powers are not deeply explored, but all of them seem to serve the purpose of their respective owner, although they appear less powerful than the Millennium Items.
All of them afford the user the powers of the Shadow Game. Kagemaru alone seems to understand the nature of these items, and is responsible for their distribution. The items were taken by the students that defeated the Shadow Riders, but what happened to them after they were defeated wasn't shown.
- Nightshroud and Jaden Yuki - His Shadow Charm is half of a pendant, given to him by Gravekeeper's Chief. Jaden Yuki later received the other half. Whether its whole or in parts, it affords dark powers to the owner, like initiating Shadow Games where the loser gets his soul sealed inside a card. Other powers include teleporting the owner and others to another location, forming energy barriers to trap people and forming a solid platform out of light energy to duel on, and the ability to protect its owner and others against the powers of other Shadow Charms. The two halves glow bright when they feel when they are near each other. However, it is unknown how many of these powers stem from the pendant itself versus the inherent powers of their owner.
- Camula - Camula's Shadow Charm is a choker which allows her both to claim the souls of those who lose to her and place them inside voodoo dolls as well as the ability to wager the souls of others present (even players outside the game) as sacrifices for her "Illusion Gate" Spell Card.
- Tania - Her Shadow Charm takes the form of a gauntlet. This allows her to assume human form (her true form being a tiger).
- Don Zaloog - His Shadow Charm is his eyepatch. It allows him and the rest of the Dark Scorpions to take physical form in the human world. Without it, they become Duel Spirits once again.
- Abidos the Third - His Shadow Charm is a headband that allows him to return from the afterlife and assume physical form.
- Titan - His Shadow Charm is the new mask he wears. It allows him to channel the powers of darkness into his cards as well as affording him a certain mastery over it. It gives him dark powers, like communicating mind-to-mind to people, performing hypnosis, and opening portals for others to teleport through. Deprived of it, however, he is consumed by the darkness once again.
- Amnael - His Shadow Charm is the Emerald Tablet, the only Shadow Charm with a history that is not exclusive to the Yu-Gi-Oh! universe. Its fictitious version allows Amnael to trap his victims, soul and body, inside its pages, trapping them until he is defeated.
- Kagemaru - The master of the Shadow Charms' iconic item is a small ring which allows him to channel the powers of the Sacred Beasts and other duel cards into himself, not only regaining his youth but also receiving an exponential increase in both physical strength and magical power. Also, when he wins a victory duel, he can absorb the loser's soul, as he needed Jaden's soul to complete his mastery of the Sacred Beasts.