| Quick Effect
|Japanese (base text)||
Yūhatsu Sokuji Kōka
Immediate Trigger Effect
A Quick Effect, formerly called a Multi-Trigger Effect, and called an Immediate Trigger Effect (
It is the only type of monster effect that can be activated in Summon negation window, and the only one that can be chained to another activation (excluding SEGOC). As such, monsters effects that negate the activation or Summon are all Quick Effects.
For cards with Problem-Solving Card Text (PSCT), starting in Maximum Crisis Special Edition, Quick Effects are noted by mention of "(Quick Effect)" in the text. Prior to Maximum Crisis Special Edition, for cards with PSCT, Quick Effects are normally noted by "During either player's [turn/Phase/Step]" in the activation timing, or "(this is a Quick Effect)" at the end of the effect if that wording is not applicable.
For cards without PSCT, Quick Effects are more difficult to identify. They can be identified by text which indicates the same timing as the PSCT standard. Some Quick Effects can only be determined to be that way due to rulings.
Unless otherwise specified (e.g. "Light and Darkness Dragon"), the same Quick Effect can be activated multiple times during the same Chain, as long as it meets its activation conditions and/or timing each time.
- Chain Link 1: The opponent activates "Fissure".
- Chain Link 2: The player Chains "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8"'s effect to negate its activation and destroy "Fissure".
- Chain Link 3: The opponent Chains "Book of Moon", targeting "Horus".
- Chain Link 4: The player Chains "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8"'s effect to negate its activation and destroy "Book of Moon.
Since Chains resolve backwards, this Chain would resolve as follows:
- Chain Link 4: "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" negates and destroys "Book of Moon".
- Chain Link 3: "Book of Moon" does not resolve.
- Chain Link 2: "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" negates and destroys "Fissure".
- Chain Link 1: "Fissure" does not resolve.
List of OCG/TCG monsters with Quick Monster Effects
|Japanese name||Rank||Level||Attribute||Type||Card type||ATK||DEF||?ATK||?DEF|
|All-Eyes Phantom Dragon||ゴッドアイズ・ファントム・ドラゴン||10||LIGHT||Dragon||Monster Card|
|Altergeist Hexstia||オルターガイスト・ヘクスティア||FIRE||Spellcaster||Monster Card|
|Altergeist Primebanshee||オルターガイスト・プライムバンシー||DARK||Spellcaster||Monster Card|
|Altergeist Silquitous||オルターガイスト・シルキタス||2||WIND||Spellcaster||Monster Card|
|Apollousa, Bow of the Goddess||召命の神弓－アポロウーサ||WIND||Fairy||Monster Card|
|Arcana Extra Joker||アルカナ エクストラジョーカー||LIGHT||Warrior||Monster Card|
|Armed Dragon Catapult Cannon||アームド・ドラゴン・カタパルトキャノン||10||LIGHT||Machine||Monster Card|
|Battlewasp - Halberd the Charge||Ｂ・Ｆ－突撃のヴォウジェ||6||WIND||Insect||Monster Card|
|Battlewasp - Sting the Poison||Ｂ・Ｆ－毒針のニードル||2||WIND||Insect||Monster Card|
|... further results|
- ↑ As stated in later Brazilian rule books, which may not reflect the actual use in older Portuguese text.