|Quick-Play Spell Card|
|Japanese (base text)||
Sokkō Mahō Kādo
Instant Magic Card
Quick-Play Spell Card
Quick-Play Spell Cards, known as Instant Magic Cards in the OCG (Japanese:
Players may activate Quick-Play Spell Cards from their hand at anytime during their own turn (except the Damage Step, unless ruled otherwise), but cannot activate them from their hand during the opponent's turn
Face-down Quick-Play Spell Cards can be activated during either player's turn, but they cannot be activated the turn they are Set, very much like Trap Card. i.e. If a player Sets a Quick-Play Spell Card during their own turn, they cannot activate it until the beginning of their opponent's next turn.
Assuming Player A is the turn player.
Usage during the player's turn
- Player A activates "Dark Hole".
- Player B chains "Imperial Order".
- Player A chains "Mystical Space Typhoon" from their hand.
Usage during the opponent's turn
- Player A activates "Level Limit - Area B"
- Player B chains "Twister" after he set it the pervious turn.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 yugioh-card.com Official rulebook version 7.1; page 18
- ↑ entertainment.upperdeck.com (Archive) Advanced Gameplay FAQs - Rules for Quick-Play Spell Cards