(Mein no) Dekki
The Main Deck (Japanese: メインのデッキ Mein no Dekki), usually simply referred to as the Deck (デッキ Dekki), is a pile of cards that a Duelist can draw from. Each Duelist uses his or her own Main Deck in a Duel.
When constructing a Deck, Monster, Spell and Trap Cards are placed in the Main Deck. Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Link Monsters are placed in the Extra Deck. If a player uses official Token Monster or Counter cards, these are to be stored in a separate location as well.
When a Duel begins, the Main Deck is placed face-down in the Deck Zone of the field. All cards in the Main Deck must remain face-down during the Duel, and neither player may view the contents of either player's Deck unless a card effect allows them to, after which the Deck must be shuffled.
Main Deck construction restrictions
Constructed Deck formation for Normal Duel
- The Main Deck must contain only Legal cards.
- The Main Deck can have a minimum of 40 cards and a maximum of 60 cards. (Monsters, Spells & Traps)
- The Extra Deck can add a total of 15 Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and/or Link Monsters
- Only the cards in the Main Deck, not cards in the Extra Deck, count toward this total.)
- A Duelist may not have more than three copies of any Unlimited card included in their Main Deck, Side Deck, and Extra Deck combined.
- If a Forbidden, Limited, or Semi-Limited List is used, the number of copies must not exceed those requirements.
- Cards which have their name permanently treated as that of another card are considered to be the same as that card for deck construction.
Speed Deck formation for Speed Duel
- The Main Deck must be constructed using only card product provided at the event.
- The Main Deck can have a minimum of 20 cards. (Monsters, Spells, & Traps) There is maximum of 30 Cards.
- The Extra Deck can have a minimum of 5 Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and/or Link Monsters
- A Duelist may include 1 to 3 copies of any card he/she likes.