|Leaves the field
|Japanese (base text)||
fīrudo kara hanareta
removed from the field
leave the field
Leaves the field (Japanese: フィールドから
When a card on the field is moved into the Main Deck, that card cannot activate its "leaves the field" effect. However, any effects or conditions that card has that apply when it "leaves the field" that do not use a Chain will still be applied.
Cards on the field that have become Xyz Materials are not considered to "leave the field", even though they are no longer treated as cards on the field after that, thus, cannot activate their "leaves the field" effect.
If a Token Monster would leave the field, it simply disappears, but it is still considered to leave the field.
If a card is banished face-down, it cannot activate its "leaves the field" effect.
If a card or effect can be activated when another card(s) leaves the field, it can be activated even if the card that left the field is shuffled into the Main Deck.
While uncommon, some cards and effects do describe a card leaving a particular zone (e.g. "leaves your Monster Zone or Pendulum Zone").
- McHale, Jerome (September 1, 2011). "Important Rulebook Updates! “Xyz Materials” and “Leaves the Field”". https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=3195. Retrieved September 2, 2011.
- Official Rulebook Version 8.0: "When a monster on the field is shuffled into the Main Deck, or becomes an Xyz Material, it is no longer a card on the field, however its effects that activate when it “leaves the field” will not activate."
- THE SHINING DARKNESS SNEAK PEEK – CARD RULINGS: "If Call of the Haunted is returned to your hand or Deck instead, only the Special Summoned monster would be destroyed..."
- Official Rulebook Version 8.0: "Monsters that have become Xyz Materials are not treated as cards on the field."
- Important Rulebook Updates! “Xyz Materials” and “Leaves the Field”: "Monsters that become Xyz Materials stop being treated as actual cards on the field."