The name "Generaider" is a portmanteau of "Genesis" and "Raid". They appear to be based on miscellaneous myths and figures of Norse mythology, while also potentially being a play on the word "generic", given the use of this archetype in decks matching their type. This, combined with how the Spell and Trap cards are named, could be akin to that of a boss fight in a standard JRPG, particularly the famous "Raid Boss" concept of fighting a very powerful opponent through player collaboration (hence the "Raid" part of their name). This is somewhat supported by their effect that prevents multiple copies of one specific "Generaider" to be present.
Additionally, every monster in this archetype has a Level/Rank of 9, which is likely a reference to the Nine Worlds of Norse cosmology. Each monster has the symbol from the artwork of "Generaider Boss Stage", albeit one of the circles is highlighted a certain color, in order to represent which of the nine worlds they originate from.
|Monster||Reference||Highlighted circle||Highlighted color||World of origin|
|Dovelgus, Generaider Boss of Iron||Dwarf||Lower middle||Orange||Svartalfheim|
|Frodi, Generaider Boss of Swords||Light elves||Upper middle||Yellow||Álfheim|
|Hela, Generaider Boss of Doom||Hel||Bottom||Purple||Helheim|
|Jormungandr, Generaider Boss of Eternity||Jörmungandr||Center||White||Midgard|
|Mardel, Generaider Boss of Light||Freyja||Lower left||Green||Vanaheim|
|Naglfar, Generaider Boss of Fire||Naglfar||Lower right||Yellow||Muspelheim|
|Nidhogg, Generaider Boss of Ice||Níðhöggr||Upper left||Blue||Niflheim|
|Utgarda, Generaider Boss of Delusion||Útgarðar||Upper right||White||Jötunheimr|
|Loptr, Shadow of the Generaider Bosses||Loki||N/A||N/A||Jötunheimr, Asgard|
|Harr, Generaider Boss of Storms||Odin||Top||White||Asgard|
"Generaider" monsters, being all level 9, heavily rely on their Field Spell "Generaider Boss Stage" to summon themselves. The tokens summoned by "Boss Stage" also act as fodder for the heavy cost of their Quick Effects, especially that of "Frodi, Generaider Boss of Swords". They also don't have any summon restrictions, so you can always use other methods to get them out if needed. Their tactics mostly rely on their Quick Effects to control the field while gathering monster to summon their boss "Jormungandr, Generaider Boss of Eternity" and finish their opponent with a powerful attack. The Field Spell is crucial to their entire playstyle, so they need to get it on the board as soon as possible.
Cards that allow your opponent to draw like "One Day of Peace" or "Dark World Dealings" and various Counter Traps can now be used to generate advantage for your field thanks to "Boss Stage". Note that it only summon tokens during your opponent's turn.
The deck does not need to play too many "Generaider" monsters, since "Boss Stage" can pull them out directly from the deck. They also don't rely on Normal Summons nearly as much as many other archetypes, allows you to run some expensive engine to further your play.
Cards that work well with the deck:
- "World Legacy Monstrosity" is a powerful support for Level 9 monsters in general and its effect fits the Deck very well. It can also bring out "Knightmare Incarnation Idlee" to protect all your Level 9 "Generaiders" from being destroyed by effects, and she can also clear your opponent's board of Link Monsters since this Deck tends to rely much less on Links than others.
- "World Gears of Theurlogical Demiurgy," while normally exceedingly difficult to Summon, can be easily brought out with this Deck. It can pave the way to a decisive victory with its protection from other monsters' effects and massive 3500 ATK, and this Deck has little trouble gaining its bonus field-clearing effect.
- "Saryuja Skull Dread", although expensive, provides a free Special Summon for any "Generaider" monster brick in your hand. Also, if you can Summon it with 4 materials, you can search key cards (like the Field Spell) and put unneeded "Generaider" monsters back into the Deck.
- Dovelgus, Generaider Boss of Iron
- Frodi, Generaider Boss of Swords
- Hela, Generaider Boss of Doom
- Mardel, Generaider Boss of Light
- Lonefire Blossom (if using "Mardel")
- Naglfar, Generaider Boss of Fire
- Nidhogg, Generaider Boss of Ice
- Planet Pathfinder
- World Legacy Guardragon Mardark
- B.E.S. Blaster Cannon Core
- Elemental Grace Doriado
- Mariamne, the True Dracophoenix
- True King Agnimazud, the Vanisher
- True King Bahrastos, the Fathomer
- Deus X-Krawler
- Knightmare Incarnation Idlee
- Lonefire Blossom
- Immortal Phoenix Gearfried
- Trias Hierarchia
- Condemned Witch
- Jormungandr, Generaider Boss of Eternity
- True King of All Calamities
- Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir
- Infinitrack Earth Slicer
- Nine-Lives Cat
- Number 9: Dyson Sphere
- Number 92: Heart-eartH Dragon
- Number C107: Neo Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon
- Sacred Tree Beast, Hyperyton
- Generaider Boss Loot
- Generaider Boss Quest
- Generaider Boss Stage
- Dragonic Diagram
- World Legacy Monstrosity
- One Day of Peace
- Card Destruction
- Hand Destruction
- Dark World Dealings
- Contract with Don Thousand
- Advance Draw
- Pot of Dichotomy
- Kuji-Kiri Curse
- "Forbidden" Quick-Play Spells (if using "Condemned Witch")