|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Lists Discussion → September 2012 Banlist Predictions|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 3024 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
We're a little early to start this conversation (Around 2.5 months away from September), but I thought it might be time to talk about the September 2012 Banlist.
- Future Fusion - It needs to be banned. Chaos Dragons are really troublesome.
- Rescue Rabbit - Yeah, it's time.
- Inzektor Dragonfly and Hornet - Too annoying, make it stop.
- Maybe Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity? - The loop is annoying, but they haven't topped that much. Maybe a light hit, or none at all?
- Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon? - It makes the OTK with Hieratic harder and it's another hit to Chaos Dragon, sadly all Dragon decks as well.
Hmm, Dragonfly and Hornet, yes. Zenmaity, maybe. Rescue Rabbit, dubious. Future Fusion, no. I use a Disaster Dragon, so that would cripple my deck horrendously. --Perfect Sige (talk • contribs) 01:27, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
Maybe keep Zenmaity where it is and ban Wind-Up Hunter? I heard somewhere that even with Zenmaity and/or Rat hit, there's a way to do a similar loop with Wind-Up Magician as a keystone card, so the easiest solution could just be to ban Hunter. Of course, they might not need too because Wind-Ups don't seem to be crazily topping now... if you want to ban Future Fusion per Dragon abuse, just ban Five-Headed Dragon; other decks would otherwise get collateral damage. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 01:37, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
I can't see inzektors getting hit in the next ban list because konami still wants to make money off of the archtype. Its going to be the same as when blackwings were the top deck. DragonslayerX1234 (talk • contribs) 01:42, June 8, 2012 (UTC)DragonslayerX1234DragonslayerX1234 (talk • contribs) 01:42, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
- They don't make money off of Inzektors anymore. --> Summoned Skull 2: Electric Boogaloo 01:52, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Agreed with Summoned Skull 2, as of Battle Pack; Epic Dawn, they become more successful since they re-released the old cards into new PSCT. --iFredCat 01:56, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, Konami only makes money off the initial booster pack sale, they don't make more money afterwards. The guys who get money are the secondary sellers, as in the ones who buy boxes, then sell the cards.
- I could personally see Level Limit - Area B and Marshmallon getting unlimited, they don't seem to have done that much in the format. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 02:01, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
I'm not sure that Hunter needs a ban, I mean there are other combos with Hunter, but they aren't as consistently done as with Carrier. Plus, Carrier can be spammed and then you have a huge field that makes you take a bunch of damage. Not a great argument, but a valid thought. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 02:06, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Agreed, Inzektor or Wind-Up player can game'd their opponent just with single Hornet or Hunter, 1 copy is all they needed. It's like for myself, I just now completed my "E-Rabbit Dino" (hybrid deck of E-HERO and Rabbit Dino) that run single Rescue Rabbit and it worked very well. --iFredCat 02:11, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
so here's my thoughts
- Rescue Rabbit:Dino rabbits are pain to the butt.
- Five headed dragon:banning future fusion would kill chimeratech machines so if the dragons have no targets to reveal...also SOME dragon decks can keep future fusion untill they get this out and if that happens, game over.
- Inzektor Hornet:if you limit this, they will just use more cards to dump/search/recycle it. also they have that new ladybug so inzektors should be a rank 5 spam deck.
- Wind-up Hunter:well maybe not but if they insist on hitting wind ups do this
- Atum:the drop-3-atum-hieratic-loop/otk cant be done with 1 atum.
- REDMD:i said this before and i'll say it again,this is OP.limit this and we should be ok
- snoww/grapha:Maybe.DW's are big
- Dragged Down:Maybe
- Magic Cylinder:Seriously,who uses this besides burn?
- Hornet: Speaks for itself
- FF (possibly): This is a POWERFUL card when used properly. But I personally thing it isn't too OP. Even if it is banned, Chaos Dragons can still use Lightsworns to mill. Which is what I usually use anyway.
- Mind Control : Instant Xyz/Synchro fodder. No cost, no conditions.
- Wind-Up Hunter: STOP THE LOOP
- Atum: Take this away, breaks the OTK
- Grapha: YEAAAAAAH, this one has to die.
- Rescue Rabbit: I feel this one shouldn't be banned, but a limited would do it good. I haven't encountered this one enough to have a firm opinion on it.
- Wind-Up Zenmaines (Possible): Its annoying and OP to me. I've had to deal with it A LOT and I don't like it.
- REDMD: Powerful, yes, OP, not really. There are a LOT of ways to get rid of this one. Semi would be acceptable.
Semi redmd is pointless, the hieratic oak needs 2, but redmd doesn't need a hit, atum does. ----SharkTenjo 10:06, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
Also, most competitive decks only use 2? I know Chaos Dragon uses 2 at most. Not too sure about Hieratic.
I'm guessing nothing will happen to Dark World, it hasn't been topping, it is prevalent in certain areas, but not that much of an issue. Also, Chimeratech Machines is really an OTK kinda deck, they don't try, but a 2nd turn Future with Overload is crazy and game winning, if the opponent can't stop it. Also, Mind Control is kinda balanced when it's at one, and it's nothing like Brain Control, because the monster can't be tributed or used to attack. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 12:50, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
Something certainly has to be done about Rescue Rabbit. At east make it Semi-limited. I'd rather that get banned than Tour Guide for example. I think Laggia is safe to be honest --Spongebob456 (talk • contribs) 12:54, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
Laggia is probably safe, due to it needing Dino materials. The only decks that come to mind are Jurrac and Evol. Who both can't make first turn Laggia, might be possible, but probably not. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 12:56, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
I've been thinking about this too...
- Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
- Future Fusion
I've always found Brio to be too OP in too many decks, but no one uses Synchros anymore so it's unlikely. Future Fusion is asking for a ban even though I disagree. Many dragon decks even opt not to run it.
- Rescue Rabbit
- Grapha/Snoww, probably Snoww
- Inzektor Hornet/Dragonfly
- Zenmaity/Hunter/Anything (not too familiar with Wind-Ups)
Rabbit, one or both of the Inzektors, and something in Wind-Ups need to get banned, but I don't see it happening until March. REDMD could get hit but I'm iffy on that one. Though Hieratics are crazy in OCG and this prevents the Gustav Max play. Hitting Atum would do the same so many this or REDMD.
- Agent Earth
- Tour Guide
- Lonefire Blossom
Agents need their consistency back. And Tour guide will still be crazy powerful, but putting it to two will make it a tiny bit less splashable. Unless people go with Tour Bus instead. And if nothing else, TGU will be drawn less. Maybe March though. Maybe Lonefire can come back with Spore/Glow-Up Forbidden?
- Level Limit - Area B
- Destiny Hero - Malicious
- Swords of Revealing Light
- Magic Cylinder
Burn/Stall decks using most of these cards are too slow. Chain Burn decks won't need 3 Marshmallon or Magic Cylinder. There are more threatening stall cards than Swords of Revealing Light. And there are more threatening loops than D Hero Malicious now. And hell, I'd like a return of Synchro loops. Djjomon (talk • contribs) 13:50, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Hornet - let Inzektors have there derpy spamming, as long as they're not blowing my crap up too.
- Hunter - same as Hornet
- Sangan - hurt Tour Guide by getting rid of the splashable target
BLSNO JUST KIDDING IT'S FAIR AT 1!
- DMoC - not broken anymore
- TER - not broken anymore
- Tribe Infecting Virus - not even half good anymore
- Rescue Rabbit - this card is wacky
- Atum - no more OTKs for Hieratics
- Light Pulsar - because REDMD isn't the problem
- Super Poly - because HEROs shouldn't be able to get around any monster for just a -1.
- Hieratic Seal of Convocation - because consistency. Opening up with 2 means you can make any play you want really.
- The Transmigration Prophecy - not really a great card anymore.
- Miracle Fusion - HEROs are too sacky with this at 3. Plus, players will sit there and hoard them to get around Warnings.
BACK AT TRES:
- Marshmallon - no one cares about stall anymore
- Magic Cylinder - only bad burn decks use this
- Reborn Tengu - because it wasn't even a threat anymore when it was hit. It was relly just a show hit to give us the impression that Konami cares about the TCG.
- I agree with some of those, excepting Tribe-Infecting Virus, Sangan, Reborn Tengu, and Miracle Fusion/Super Polymerization. Also, Hornet shouldn't be banned just yet, it would be better to limit Hornet and Dragonfly. I notice a lot of people want Future Fusion to be hit because of Dragons, but why not just ban Five-Headed Dragon? I know there are other powerful Future Fusion combos, but none that are doing well in the current meta excepting Dragons. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:21, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Plus, Future Fusion helps other decks too, it's better to just kill Future, you end up hurting other OTK-type decks that revolve around Chimeratech Overdragon and such. Not like people really use Fusion decks, the only major one is HERO, but they have Miracle and Super Poly, makes more sense to get rid of the card that really is like Painful Choice (Banned), if you think about it. But that's my thought to it. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 21:49, June 8, 2012 (UTC)