|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki Community Discussion → Search Issues||Post new comment|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
1. When I use the Search Bar, for example, for a card name, I must capitalize it, otherwise it leads to a nonexisting page (Achacha archer, for example). It wasn't like this a week ago.
2. Second issue: When I search through Google, the amount of results that link to this wiki have been drastically decreased. When I search for a card, it never offers a link to the card page, but only for Card Rulings, Tips, etc. Also, when I search for a character, this wiki isn't listed anywhere, but the Zexal Wiki is listed instead. MadRest 19:43, March 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Leaving a comment here to note that I noticed the 1st problem before I saw this thread, but thought it was some "helpful" update from the Wikia central. Checked the second problem and can verify it. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 19:59, March 20, 2013 (UTC)
- It's just a Search Bug, they the lazy Staffs, need to hurl some efforts and make it workable. --iFredCat 20:00, March 20, 2013 (UTC)
- I've been meaning to contact Wikia for help on the second issue. At first, I thought we were doing something that negatively impacts SEO. But it seems to be a sudden shift, rather than a gradual change and it's affecting all Wikia wikis, not just this one. If you search Luke Skywalker, you'll get w:c:starwars:Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, but not w:c:starwars:Luke Skywalker. If you search Tom Riddle, you'll get his Brickipedia page but not his Harry Potter wiki page. -- Deltaneos (talk) 23:40, March 20, 2013 (UTC)
Oh, come on! Not even one of these problems has been fixed?! This wiki is gradually heading into decline, and no one seems to be centering on these absolutely headway-impeding flaws... We're probably going to lose half our traffic with this. MadRest 22:45, March 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Wikia staff is working on the second issue (in fact, to my knowledge, its was fixed a few days ago and it is currently working fine for me). If you're still having issues with it, I'll mention it to staff and see what's up
- As for the first issue, its always worked that way for me. Its news to me that it doesn't for others. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 00:53, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
- The first issue really needs to be fixed. Users are starting to make what should be unnecessary redirects. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 14:54, March 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi, the second issue is definitely fixed or in the process of being fixed - depending on the page/wiki (and possibly your location and search history). The site is being re-indexed, and we're definitely seeing things going back to normal there.
- The first issue, I'm not sure about. So I've asked Rappy to look into it, and make sure that any bug tickets that need to be filed get filed. Sorry for the problem! -- sannse (help forum | blog) 18:53, March 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Can you give some specific examples of what you've searched for that has not come up, please? Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 00:09, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, this is apparently affecting several wikis. When the fix was implemented, it hit about 90% of our pages. The pages you listed are among the ones left behind. They've resubmitted the request to Google, which should fix the problem. If it is not fixed my tomorrow, staff will take further action. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 00:43, March 26, 2013 (UTC)