|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki Community Discussion → Karakuri " " s||Post new comment|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
For the Karakuris, although Konami uses these ones (“ ”), the regular keyboard that most people use cannot type it. Should all the pages be moved to using the regular " "s? Similar to the ones on Interplanetary Invader "A", Maxx "C" and Shiny Black "C".
My opinion would be a yes, does anyone agree or disagree (and why?) -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 08:55, August 15, 2011 (UTC)
I agree. It's better when our apostrophes are the kind we can type. Question: What about other apostrophes? I see the slanted apostrophes all the time and I change them to the vertical apostrophe.BobaFett2 (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 12:58, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
- We have redirects for people who can't type the slanted quotation marks. --Deus Ex Machina ✉ 01:02, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, we currently don't have redirects yet (last I checked), so if general consensus was no, then they would be made
- I think there were Konami articles for which included Maxx "C" and Shiny Black "C", those ones aren't using the slanted commas.
- Also, we use a lot of apostrophes in names ('), every one of them is the standard apostrophe, not Konami's slanted ones. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 03:17, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
- I think it's just a typography preference, where both are considered correct. I think the UDE ruling site used to use the curly quotation marks around card names, even though the cards use the straight ones. I'm sure some video games will use the straight ones and if there is a card whose lore mentions a card with quotation marks in its name, the lore will use straight ones even though the name printed on the card uses the curly ones. Is anyone able to check a video game or think of any card that fits the second description? If both are considered correct, I think it's best if we use a consistent set for all page titles. -- Deltaneos (talk) 00:25, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
- WC11 uses straight for both; but that could be because of the smallish text.
- Also, on real cards, Fusion Materials and archetype names on card lores have the slanted ""s, yet we have always used the straight ones. The same applies for the slanted 's in the lores. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 00:36, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
- There is no semantic difference between the two styles - the choice is purely a stylistic one - so in this case, I would argue for the more usable option. There have historically been browsers that have had difficulty displaying the fancy quotes and apostrophes, and actually entering them is still not a simple affair, so I personally prefer straight quotes and apostrophes. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 22:20, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
- The consensus seems to be to use the regular " "s, not the fancy curly ones. So the pages will be moved soon if no other objections are raised. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 13:18, August 28, 2011 (UTC)