|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki Community Discussion → Image pop-ups||Post new comment|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
In the Monaco skin, when a user clicks on an image used in a thumbnail, a box with the image in its default size pops-up. In the past, clicking the image brought you to the image's page. To get their now, you have to click on the less noticeable magnifying glass that says "View image details" when hovered over.
This feature is called the Image Lightbox and it can be disabled. If you copy the syntax on that page to Special:MyPage/monaco.js, you should be able to disable it for yourself. Administrators are able to have it disabled for everyone by default.
I'd like to ask would everyone else prefer this enable or disabled by default. If people agree that disabling it is the better option, we can disable it. If not, we'll leave it alone. -- Deltaneos (talk) 16:23, September 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah...I don't think there's any need to look at an image, and then click on the image to see the pretty much the exact same thing. And since most images are the same size as the default images, I think that this "Lightbox" is unnecessary for the most part.|DED((Leaving Me Messages Are Often Left Here) 06:01, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
- I prefer disabled by default. The image page contained much more information than the Image Lightbox so I think it's unnecessary to keep it. Blackwings0605 (talk) 12:21, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
- I use the Monobook skin, so I'm not really affected by it. But yeah, a couple times when I was on other wikis and not logged in, I clicked on an image to see its info/source, and I got the lightbox instead. It's annoying to me, so I'm in favour of getting rid of it. --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 05:57, September 17, 2010 (UTC)
- I'd like it to be disabled. It's irritating to have to tab a page just to edit it. Toob|Talk page 13:45, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed, it's just annoying, When I first read this, copy, paste; because I do not like it...BassNettoHikari2...Chat Page... 14:26, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't particularly like it either, though it's interesting to learn it was due to the skin i was using. I support disabled by default. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 23:42, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Kill it. Kill it with fire. (this is also my general attitude towards the new Wikia skin in general =D ) 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 02:52, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
- So I read. I would almost say, "leave it disabled just to see what they do". As I wrote there, when the switch takes place, I have every intention of switching my skin back to Monobook and completely ignoring the new skin; if they suddenly decide that we can't even have Monobook anymore, I'll simply be leaving Wikia altogether. The new skin be hanged. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 01:24, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Agree, I like the look of our Yu-Gi-Oh! wikia, and I don't really like the new look. And while I hope that the admins will be able to disable it somehow, I hope we can just put it on our pages, but then it said that all Monaco will be disabled, and that won't be nice, but I do think that leaving the site may be a bit much, maybe we could put in a petition, we just all "~~~~" on a page...BassNettoHikari2...Chat Page... 14:30, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
- There is a possibility we - as in this Wikia wiki - could leave Wikia, but it would first require the community coming to a consensus to do so, and then we would actually have to convince Wikia to let us take the wiki with us; that's to say nothing as to where we would go, as well (hosting costs for a wiki this large and popular probably wouldn't be cheap, and we're heavily reliant on several MediaWiki extensions that many other wiki farms may not have installed).
- Yes, I just brought up the idea of leaving Wikia over a skin. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · Talk⇒Dinoguy1000 23:59, September 29, 2010 (UTC)