|Forums:||Index → General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion → Deck Guide||Post new comment|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
Deck Guide Project
The Deck Guide Project was created to help duelists of any caliber help build strong decks. On this page, we offer many deck guides, that explain a deck in depth discussion. The guides are designed to explain how the deck works, what are the main cards it uses and why those cards are good for that deck, and provide examples of different variants, if there are any. We also have general information guides, that offer good, general, and well-known information.
The Deck Guides are written by members of the wiki community, but are always proofread and edited by a more experienced deckbuilder, and usually that editor is a veteran of the Yu-Gi-Oh Card Game.
Our mission is simple, offer less-experienced duelists and deckbuilders, with the knowledge they need to build effective decks.
Deck Guide Project Staff
Guides In Progress
The following are current guides that are being written or updated by a guide writer.
- VWXYZ - Gadjiltron
- A Legendary Ocean - Gadjiltron
- Inca - Gadjiltron
- Spellcaster - Gadjiltron
- Stall - Gadjiltron
- Venom - Gadjiltron
- Volcanic - Gadjiltron
- Burning Abyss - Synchro Maniac10
- Dragon Ruler - SM10
- Plants - SM10
- Inzektor - SM10
- Mermail - SM10
- Traptrix - SM10
- Ghostrick - SM10
- Six Samurai - SM10
Complete Guide Updates
- Deck Guide/Ancient Gears Updater - Gadjiltron
- Deck Guide/Cyber Style Updater - Gadjiltron
- Deck Guide/D-Hero/Non-Synchro Updater -
- Deck Guide/Dinosaur Updater - Lappyzard
- Deck Guide/Fairy Updater -
- Deck Guide/Gadget Updater - Gadjiltron
- Deck Guide/Machina Updater - Gadjiltron
- Deck Guide/Monarchs Updater -
- Deck Guide/Quick Burn Updater - Gadjiltron
- Deck Guide/Reactor Updater - Gadjiltron
- Deck Guide/Wind-Up Updater - Gadjiltron
These updates are simply for things to be added if they were forgotten when the guide was being written.
- Deck Guide/Hopeless Dragon Core List Adder -
The following guides are in need of updates, and will only be moved back into the regular guide section once they have been updated to the latest standards for that deck.
Please post what deck guide you will make or what guide you plan to update, and any other issues for the Deck Guide Project should also be posted.
- I wanted to have everyone who is interested in the project restart to talk on the other Forum post, then after we decide our systems of operation, we can start handing out guides. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 12:55, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
Come to think of it, where is the Quick Burn Guide? Trivi worked on it, but as far as I recall it never really completed. I'd like to continue that. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 01:52, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, your right...I haven't removed a single guide, just moved it to the outdated section. And we also need to make plants, Akiza never posted her's, there is a link to her Guide on her user page, though. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 22:00, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- You are free to start on the guides. Though I'd prefer it if you let me know what's missing in the Machina guide via talk page. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 01:12, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
- I think Gadjil wrote the Machina guide, so it would be best for him to update it. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 01:26, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
I would like to write guides for Infernity (definitely, I won't let anyone else have this one), Dark World, X-Sabers, Fabled, and Crystal Beasts. --> Summoned Skull 2: Electric Boogaloo 02:08, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
- I've already done Crystal Beasts. If there's anything I missed, do let me know. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 02:19, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Just take a look in the completed Deck Guides List. It seems that Dark World, X-Sabers, and Fabled have already been taken and completed. If they're classified as "outdated", you should be able to write updates for them unless the original writer is still active. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 02:36, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
I'll write the guide for Six Samurai within the next week, it depends on time off of work etc. Doz Bate: Stay (sic)!! 12:43, May 19, 2012 (UTC)
I am done with the zombie guide (well, most of it) i didn't add the decklists nd the deck versions because i Lack time so i will Publish it and add the deck lists later on. --LG talk My own Guides 11:26, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Skullvarnish, go to the Staff Links, there, click the "Deck Guide Template" link, and it explains some of what you need to talk about. You can also read one of the guides done by BF2 or Lappy to get a feel for what a guide should look like. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 12:45, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Zombie Guide Thoughts?
I'm not going to get any time to do the Six Samurai guide, due to work, and going to Download Festival in a week's time, so I'm probably gunna drop out of this.
Doz Bate: Stay (sic)!! 11:58, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Any progress on the Zombie guide or Infernity Guide? ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 20:45, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
More progress detected on the Zombie Guide, namely the Deck Examples being filled out. LaserGhost, do check the discussion page. That's where I leave my commentary, rather than directly writing on the guide. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 03:52, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Where is the Zombie Guide? It should be updated with more Xyz strategies ("Gogogo Ghost", "Number 22: Zombiestein", etc). --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 11:42, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
Any ideas on how to build a deck that uses Ultimate Offering and Mysterious Puppeteer to endlessly swarm with Gemini monsters, and Summon cards like Superalloy Beast Raptinus or Black Brutdrago?Ja1lbreakr0cks (talk • contribs) 19:47, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
- We try to write guides for decks, not necessarily help people with deck ideas. Maybe post this in the deck help forum? ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 23:40, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
- It's an idea worth considering on a Gemini Deck Guide, if it does get written. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 03:54, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Guide completed. Check it out and comment on what can be done to improve it. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 02:57, July 15, 2012 (UTC)
Sparrow Family guide
- I don't think that this is the right place to post this. and i don't think this is possible but I hope Ace answers this since he is more like, an admin here--LaserGhost (talk • contribs) 19:55, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
A Legendary Ocean
- Goodness, the Guide has a LOT for me to cover. I think I've more or less covered enough, and anything left out could be better covered in related archetypes. Guide is here. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 13:01, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
Can somebody make a spellcaster guide? of course not me as I'm the one who needs that guide so can somebody skilled with spellcasters make one?--LaserGhost (talk • contribs) 13:04, July 25, 2012 (UTC)
- General-purpose Spellcasters, Gravekeepers, or Prophecy? --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 02:49, July 26, 2012 (UTC)
Am I the only one who's actually moving on this thread these days? Getting started on Spell Counter Spellcasters guide. Will include miscellaneous Spellcasters under that heading too. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 11:39, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Deck Guide partially complete. I'll leave the sample Decks to another time. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 09:01, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Deck Guide completed. It feels lacking, though. Would really appreciate if someone could pitch in more to the "Other Tips" part. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 12:04, July 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, sorry Gadjiltron, the revival project didn't work well. I wanted to do the Monarch guide, but I'm just not sure if I'm a good writer for this kinda thing. I could try to make one this week though, probably for Monarchs, or try to complete the Disaster Dragon guide, I think it's missing some cards. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 18:27, August 19, 2012 (UTC)
- I finished the card explanations in the hopeless dragon guide, and I'll try to add in variants later.
- Oh, wait a minute. Boba's already done that. It's a tad outdated though... --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 03:11, November 22, 2012 (UTC)
I think a general Stall guide would be worth starting up, so I've added that and started work on it. Also, the archetypes list has been updated to include some of the new ones. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 04:57, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
Various Assortment of Themes
I was hoping to see if I could write a deck guide on the Chronomaly archetype of cards sometime in the near future. I enjoy the archetype immensely and I would like to create a guide for those interested in it. Cabrera's Catapult (talk • contribs) 06:05, October 29, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not too involved with this project, but I think most of the original content creators are gone. Feel free to make a deck guide. Just follow the format in the older ones. --Dark Ace SP (TalkPage) 00:26, October 30, 2015 (UTC)