|Forums:||Index → General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion → Community Blog|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2385 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
- Dark Ace SP
- Synchro Maniac10
- Nephthy ~ May not write content.
- Spongebob456 ~ May not write content.
I was recently thinking about the now kinda-phased out Featured Cards. Now one of the things that hit me was that we were kinda limited to doing cards that had only been released in the TCG, and we weren't really able to talk about decks that much.
I'm wondering if any other users would like to join me in creating a community blog for the wikia users. We could just join up and write articles on different Yu-Gi-Oh aspects that interest us personally and post. The articles could be about single cards, decks, TCG/OCG trends, whatever, as long as it's related to Yu-Gi-Oh in some form.
Would this kinda group project be something that people would be interested in? Also, I had planned to host the blog using Blogger, which is a free Google product (requires a Gmail account).
- How much support is this going to need to take off (personally, I'm interested)? Chromace (talk • contribs) 10:52, December 26, 2013 (UTC)
I'm very much in favour of this. It is a certain way of involving the whole community, rather than just having an "elite" group of users. In know this wiki is very much an encyclopedia, but it would be very nice for users to be able to express their views through a blog. I can't say whether I would get involved with it (due to college work), but I support it as I feel it would aid this wiki in the long run. --Spongebob456 talk 18:58, December 26, 2013 (UTC)
I've already discussed this with you, Ace, and I support this idea fully. I mean, how else can the two of us get our ideas out there with DFF dead and all now? Haha, but seriously, it's a great idea in general for getting ideas and opinions out there, not just for us, but other people that have bright ideas and/or are willing to get involved as well. The Wikia has seemed kind of quiet lately, too. Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 19:14, December 26, 2013 (UTC)
- After we get a few more people who would be interested in writing articles, we can decide on a name for the blog, a writing schedule, and I'll eventually need Gmail accounts from all of you who would like to write. About the writing schedule though, I'm be content if we can do at least 2-3 articles a week. Heck, if we can only write one a week that's fine too.
- Just so I don't have to post my email later, the Gmail account that I will be using for this project is email@example.com.
- --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 20:40, December 26, 2013 (UTC)
I like the idea. Although, I'm not sure about the spare time I'll have for this and everything. So all I can say is: give it a try. Count me in. Nephthy (talk • contribs) 20:23, December 26, 2013 (UTC)
Post some name ideas here...
- Note: Some ideas are random and don't have a reason.
- The Gray Syndicate
- Reason - We're a group of individuals and we talk about any aspect of Yu-Gi-Oh, so we're always in the gray.
- The Other People
- Reason - We're a group of individuals
- The Millennials OR The Millennium
- Reason - Millennium items...
- Draw and Shuffle
- Reason - Create something new and stir things up. Chromace (talk • contribs) 13:57, December 27, 2013 (UTC)
I would like for there to be maybe 1-2 more name ideas, but if nothing else comes up, then I'm thinking we could make the name: "The Millennium Syndicate", "The Shufflers Syndicate", "Shufflers Inc.", or something like that.
I went ahead and made the blog. I chose the name "Shufflers Inc.". Now don't be alarmed. I can change the name and domain address if you guys don't like the name. For now, I'll post up a link to the blog:
- However, nothing is finalized. We can change things around. However, I would like any one who is interested in being an author to tell me their emails, you can post it here, or email it to me if that makes it more comfortable. (Email is above) --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 22:40, December 27, 2013 (UTC)