|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Lists Discussion → April 2014 Banlist Predictions|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2237 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
We're halfway through the TCG format, it looks like we've got a good idea what the meta is like now. My personal predictions for what I think Konami will do in April are here:
- Blaster, Redox, Tempest, and Tidal - This deck has been around for long enough, it needs to go now.
- Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Spirit - The deck has topped quite a bit this format, and since Konami is still promoting Bujins in Primal Origin, I don't think they'll go after Tenki, but rather this or Wolfbark.
- Royal Tribute - A very slight maybe, but with all the new support Gravekeeper's got in Valiant, it's a possibility.
- Coach Soldier Wolfbark - Again, either this, or Spirit to 0. Fists have had their day.
- Dark Magician of Chaos - Magician of Faith didn't do much since it came back, DMoC is most likely coming back next.
- Neo-Spacian Grand Mole - No one runs this card anymore, it's easy to stop, and it uses up your normal summon.
- Gladiator Beast Bestiari - Gladiator Beasts aren't that good anymore.
- Magician of Faith - I have yet to see one viable deck run this card. It's not good anymore, and it should get a chance at 2, if not straight to 3.
- Reinforcement of the Army - Warrior decks haven't done anything in a while, they could use a push.
- Rekindling - Imma keep saying it until it happens. :P
- Burner, Reactan, Lightning, and Stream - If the daddies get banned, the babies will come off the list.
- Gold Sarcophagus - Never should've been hit. The Rulers were the real problem, and they deserve to die.
- Sacred Sword of Seven Stars - ^^
- Magical Stone Excavation - Bad card is bad. Unlimit it already.
- I'd rather have Tenki hit to 2 or 1, and I don't know how much they would want to boost sales of PRIO considering that the first 901 series pack will come out very shortly after that. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 02:55, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Bujin Hirume is one of the main Bujin attractions from PRIO that make me want to sway away from a Tenki hit until the format after this April. Also, Madolches will likely need a hit at some point after Madolche Angelly comes out. Sylvans and Artifacts are also new to come, not sure what to say about them yet. Ninety-eight (talk • contribs) 10:11, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't Sylvans are a candidate to get hit, I've played the deck with the new stuff in PRIO, and even though the deck is very combo reliant, it takes a bit of set-up and luck, so I don't think they need or deserve a hit. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 03:12, February 20, 2014 (UTC)
dragons of legend??
it comes out like 2 weeks after the list if they are bringing out some really lusted after anime cards, theres a chance it might get pre hit to be safe not to mention it may alter some not too threatening fan fave cards to be extra broken or just a bit too good just a thought i had Chiissu (talk • contribs) 22:48, February 16, 2014 (UTC)
my thoughts on what might come off the ban
Although I aint deep in the metagame, I did a quick look at the current ban list and heres the cards I feel may have a chance of going from 0 to 1
- CYBER-STEIN (unbanned in japan, negating it means game over, best fusion monsters can only be fusion summoned, fusion arnt played much now, fusion monster it poops out is just gonna die next turn w/o doing jack, people focus too much on it only to hve it cost em the game, might get renamed as of the new cyber cards(if they do it for more than m/t in the upcoming packs)
- DARK MAGICIAN OF CHAOS (best magics are banned, people would miss the timing a lot, magician of faith isn't doing anything)
- ELEMENTAL HERO STRATOS (HEROs are dead w/o it)
- SANGAN (some people still think is shouldn't be banned so imma mention it)
- SINISTER SERPENT(doesn't deserve to be banned/isn't as good as it seems)
- TRIBE-INFECTING VIRUS (wouldn't see that much play nowadays(except maybe sidedeck))
- WITCH OF THE BLACK FOREST (people want sangan back so you never know)
- THOUSAND-EYES RESTRICT (most monsters nowadays die of card effects so his battle stopping doesn't make much difference. also, with veiler/herald of orange/fiendish/ silldrain ect, his effects arnt as dangerous as it was a decade ago)
- GOYO GUARDIAN(I keep hearing people say its not as good now, plus xyz swiped by it cant use effects(although you can rank em up)
- TRISHULA, DRAGON OF THE ICE BARRIER (its unbanned in japan, they want synchroes to come back, its not as OP as many assume)
- NUMBER 16: SHOCK MASTER (perhaps...)
- GATEWAY OF THE SIX (its pretty high power, but w/o it 6 sams are lacking)
- GIANT TRUNADE(if konami decides high backrow isn't good anymore)
- HEAVY STORM (mayyyyyyybe)
- METAMORPHOSIS (no one really uses fusions now, and all the best fusions cant be used with it)
- MONSTER REBORN (with konami being as random as it is, and his going on and off the list, you never know)
- POT OF AVARICE (guy can dream cant he?)
- PREMATURE BURIAL (equips are hardly used and wasn't the main reason this was banned in the 1st place brionac?)
- IMPERIAL ORDER(with so many chainable cards, this doesn't seem as OP as it was when it was banned in ye olde original yugioh days)
- SOLEMN JUDGMENT Chiissu (talk • contribs) 03:28, February 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Click here to see why those cards are banned. --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 03:39, February 18, 2014 (UTC)
- I'll just let this express my reaction, Chiissu. What you're essentially doing is calling for Traditional Format. The argument for "dies to removal", or in other cases, "can be negated", is never a justification. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 08:53, February 18, 2014 (UTC)
Gadjiltron, having more ways to counter a card actually does justify it in some cases, it's just that no amount of counters will be able to make certain cards ok. No amount of counters can justify something like Chaos Emperor Dragon or Dark Strike Fighter coming back, but having more counters to cards like Magician of Faith or Tsukuyomi does make them less broken, unlike what was the case a decade ago in Goat Format. Ninety-eight (talk • contribs) 10:08, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Um... I didn't say I WANTED them ALL unbanned. I said these were a list of the cards I saw that may have some CHANCE of being unbanned. Chiissu (talk • contribs) 10:38, February 19, 2014 (UTC)