This forum thread has been unedited for 3366 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.
Greetings, fellow duelists. Alpha_Centari, here. As you might have guessed, there are a WHOLE lot of decks here. I'm a duelist who likes to have a wide range of variety. Being frank, I want them to be critiqued and also to get plenty of suggestions on how to make them better. Please, don't feel like you have to do that for all of these. Of course not! That would be in humane. You can just critique and suggest on the decks that you wish to. Infinite appreciations!
1) This is my Psychic Deck. So far, it's the top out of all the decks that I have (complete that is). Currently, this is the only deck that I use when I participate in tournaments. It does well, but I know it can do better. But, I'm having trouble seeing what the tweaking areas are. Critique, Rate, and Suggest please. Thank you!
2) This one is my Worm-Reptile Deck. It's relatively new since most of these cards just got released recently. It's still in the experimental stage and is wide open to suggestions to making it better (however, I'd like to maintain the Worm theme in this deck). It's done pretty well when I tested it on my Friends' Crsytal Beast, Elemental Hero, and Frog Deck. However, it lost miserably to my Friend's Black Wing Deck. Critique, Rate, and Suggestions please. Thank you!
3) These two here are actually the same deck (physically speaking). The thing is, I took full advantage of the Side deck. Basically, I use to Side deck to shift from a Power Insect Deck to a Control Insect Deck. I utilize all 15 cards of the side deck whenever I shift. I'm not sure if it's technically a wise idea, but it hasn't failed me yet. I've used both sides of this deck in Regionals. And it has proven to be reliable. But, I want to see what your opinion is. Doom Dozer is the main attacker in both decks. I have this urge to place 3 Shiny Black "C" in the deck. But, I don't know what to replace for it, or if it's a wise idea to place the Shiny Black "C". Also, Shield Crush; yes or no? Critique, Rate, and Suggestions please. Thank you!
4) This is my Alien Deck. It did well in tournaments, mainly in regionals. But, I haven't used this deck in a long while. So I'm not sure if it can still do as well as before. Also, to be honest, I'm not sure what the exact strategy of this deck is. Perhaps your suggestions might give it one. Critique, Rate, and Suggestions please. Thank you!
5) This here is my Ancient Gear deck. Just like my Alien Deck, it did well in tournaments before. Well, that was only during it's time (around the GX era). It's been a long while since I used it. It's lost it's competitive mojo. I want to add Synchros and other supports, but I might end up diminishing the Ancient Gear theme. I would also like to know what I can place in my Side deck for this deck. Critique, Rate, and Suggestions please. Thank you!
6) This is my Water Beat-down Deck. It was originally a Control Water Deck, but it made duels too long. So I shifted to power. I originally used Star Boys, then I switched to Spined Gillman because it gave more options for my Deep Sea Divas. Critique, Rate, and Suggestions. Thank you!
7) This here is my Volcanic Deck. As most duelists knows, Fire cards don't have that much support for each other. They're usually stand alones. But, the Volcanic archetype differed from that since they supported each other (in a way). The Volcanic monsters are the main beef of the deck, but most of the other cards are stand-alones from them. I also added Uria in the deck since the deck utilizes a lot of Continuous Trap Cards. Critique, Rate, and Suggestions please. Thank you!
There are 3 too many monsters in the Extra Deck. I suggest taking out a Stardust, a Thought Ruler, and maybe a Hyper Psychic Blaster. I mean seriously? I don't think you're going to EVER summon 3 Stardust Dragons in a Psychic deck.
Sangan is not really that useful since a lot of your level 4 and under Psychics are EARTH and not DARK.
At least run a Call of the Haunted in place of a Psychic Tuning. It has no drawback and you hardly need the tuner substitution effect with so many tuners in the deck already.
You can see my Psychic deck on my user page if you'd like.
2. Insect Deck
Don't use Shield Crush. There are heaps of better alternatives, such as Fissure, Smashing Ground, Offerings to the Doomed, etc.
I don't think its necessary to use all 3 Shiny Black C's, but whatever.
3. Ancient Gear Deck
Why do you have 2 fusions but only 1 Polymerization? (The king agrees with this)
Take out the Reactors if you're only going to use 2.(The king says they should have never been in there) don't add Cyber Dragon or the Machinas. On that note, take out Jinzo too.
Since Ancient Gears normal summon a lot, I suggest you add in Ultimate Offering(or double summon).
4. Water Deck
I think your deck will run a little more smoothly if you kept only the downgraded version of Daedalus.
More Mother Grizzlys?
This deck is obviously focused on Legendary Ocean, but I think Abyss Soldier is more useful than Warrior of Atlantis. Also, why not use Field Barrier?
You don't really need Torrential Tribute, but hey, it's a decent card and fits the theme nicely.
5. Volcanic Deck
I don't suggest using any more than a single Dark Room of Nightmare.
I don't know much about Reptile types, so I haven't commented on those. Also you may want to add Monster Reborn and Dark Hole to any of your decks, as they are now both limited and not forbidden.
I thought so to. But considering his professional suggestions, I was thinking perhaps he had another idea. Well, I'll just over look it. I'm just hoping more people can come in and give a bit more suggestions. I mean, I too am working on them as we speak. I'm not trying to leech off the professional minds here. I just want to see what you guys think about these decks.
hey there. Ancient gear king here saying I did a little cleanup on aisle 3 (your gear deck) check out my page and see my decklist cuz its a great build for quote unqote "lost technology" deck
Thanks for your suggestion, Ancient Gear King. But, I tried a deck very similar to your build before, and it's playing style is not fast enough. I'd really like a deck that has quicker reflexes. I'm currently trying out the changes IPlay4Fun has given me. And I have to say that the results are very pleasing. Nevertheless,I greatly appreciate that you took the time to read through my ancient gear deck and give your suggestions.
To the original poster, What would you prefer, A pure Ancient Gears Deck, or a Hybrid build, as currently that were above before they were deleted above posters are getting a bit ...heated, (Though personaly I prefer a hybrid, for "Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem Rush OTK")-Resk (talk • contribs) 15:08, December 23, 2010 (UTC)
Whoever he is,that king guy is right. Cyber dragon and machina cards so don't fit it this type of deck because of theme and sometimes strategy. As for my sugestion:
Set 3 geartown,heavy storm them,summon out those dragons and you got yourself a spicy otk sandwich
Be that as it may resk, heavy storm isn't forbiden in traditional format so if he plays that format he can still use it or I would suggest magical hats for geartown destruction Ancient gear king (talk • contribs) 21:34, December 23, 2010 (UTC)
No prob king dude. Do u use that technique too?
Yeah man. I'm the king of ancient gears I know all posible strategies and weaknesses of my deck that dosent use or need cyberz or machinas Ancient gear king (talk • contribs) 22:01, December 23, 2010 (UTC)
He said he was playing in tournaments, which are advance format, so he's not playing Traditional, thus, Heavy Storm is Forbidden-Resk (talk • contribs) 00:09, December 24, 2010 (UTC)
And by the way resk, I know it was you that kept deleting my posts. NOT cool dude,NOT cool Ancient gear king (talk • contribs) 03:15, December 24, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for deleting those posts, Ancient Gear King. I apologize if there were any misunderstanding. However, it has been a few weeks since I looked at this page. I've been far too busy and I missed those posts. Though, by Resk's statement, they must have been that bad. Thank you both for making it more civilized in here.
Well, on to the Ancient Gear Deck. I did some reviewing of my deck and perhaps a hybrid would be an appropriate choice. I would like to base an Ancient Gear deck on the UAGG Rush OTK. But, aren't OTKs banned from tournaments? Any suggestions on what to change around in the deck? Thank you. -Alpha_Centari (talk • contribs)
As long as you don't break the Forbidden / Limited lists, anything goes in tournaments, as for the UAGGROTK (need better name <,<), lemme mock something up,
that's the basis of it, but need to fill up some of the spaces, (ie: 2 more cards)-Resk (talk • contribs) 20:07, December 25, 2010 (UTC)
I can live with that. But as for resks build +1 magical hats for a geartown destruction and a gajiltron resurection (sounded way cooler in my head) trust me it works like a charm and will overwhelm your opponent Ancient gear king (talk • contribs) 21:54, December 25, 2010 (UTC)
The original posts are just as bad as it seems. I've said to put in 3 Machina Fortress, cyber drags, and 2 Machina Gearframe. Then ancient gear king started corecting for adding it in ancient gear decks. Then resk doesnt want to start a fight. Then Ancient gear king deleted the posts about my opinion. So, yea, you should not add fortress. But if you do, you can add gearframe to get fortress in your hand. If you're lucky enough, you can special summon 2 fortress in 1 turn. Look at Machina Fortress's effect: You can discard machina monsters equal or more then lvl 8. So, discard both machina fortress, both effect activate, then special summon them. Easy! CardMaster. (talk • contribs) 00:19, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
Whatever. Machinas r real slow and aren't all THAT good
Also "cardmaster"(who probably wouldn't even beat my spellcaster deck) he said he wanted to keep to ancient gear theme so I deleted your coments cuz they weren't helpfull. But now he wants a gear golem rush otk so why don't you just back off.
Ancient gear king (talk • contribs) 20:55, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
also,fortress is not that strong,effect not that good,so overall,adding it is bad choice
Ancient gear king (talk • contribs) 21:33, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
I was trying to be helpful, no need to get all mad at me. I said that machina fortress would be helpful for the ancient gear deck, and you said that I cant beat your spellcaster deck which is probably right. Your deck is pure ancient gear, which means you dont have other machine type monsters, only ancient gear. He CAN make a hybrid ancient gear deck, which means he can add some machine deck that are helpful. And Machina fortress, lots of people use them in their machine deck in my tournament area(not that it matters or anybody cares). So, its my opinion. Yea, Machina Fortress sucks, which is your opinion. CardMaster. (talk • contribs) 03:05, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you dude above me. Your deck sounds pretty well built unlike that other guy. I kept trying to tell this jerk that at first alpha centari wanted a ancient gear deck that had a straight ancient gear theme. But then other people kept saying "use machinas and cyber drags" which is why I deleted them. But now he wants a gear golem rush otk. So thnx for backin me up :) Ancient gear king (talk • contribs) 13:24, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
So, you deleted that guy's post about not deleting other peoples posts, you've edited my post to make me look stupid. Are you trying to hard to make me mad? To make me feel embarrass? I don't why you keep acting like this. Is it because of the cyber dragon or machina fortress being in an ancient gear deck? I thought the argument was over. You are still acting childish. Watch you will edit this. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:54, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
Damn right I did,yep,I'm not even trying,nope,cuz I can,partialy,other idiots like card master keep starting it over,shut up,and shut up Ancient gear king (talk • contribs) 04:28, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
Then you stop deleting/editing other posts, then I'll shut up. CardMaster. (talk • contribs) 04:30, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
Again, deleting my post. And really? just an accident? CardMaster. (talk • contribs) 05:13, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
So much for being civilized. I am giving a firm warning, you two [Ancient Gear King and Card master] are both being childish. If you two will continue arguing like this here on my thread I will be forced to contact administration and report the both of you. No one will be allowed to delete posts anymore on the thread, or there will be consequences. That also goes for no more rude/uncivilized/unproductive posts; enough is enough! -Alpha_Centari (talk • contribs)
I feel you're too woried about your own LP, and have a couple of dead cards, instead of multiples of the more usefull ones, I'm going to post up a more focused build, & tell me what you think, (though if you'd like a Mind Master OTK instead, i could try and mock one of them up,)
Yet again, this just feels as if it's trying too hard to do too much, for Volcanics, you need to pick either control, burn, or Doomfire for objective, all 3 don't work together,,, once you reply, I'll do a quick mock-up :p-Resk (talk • contribs) 22:39, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
Ok I've had it with all those other guys and it looks like resk has got you covered on all your decks(but don't. Forget the magical hats in your gear golem rush otk!)Sooooooo, I'm outta here(and don't any of you other guys try and start $h*t again cuz I'm done with you jerkz).so this is the ancient gear king,signing off Ancient gear king (talk • contribs) 23:44, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.
Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.