|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Help → 3 way dule deck building?|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 3907 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
In any case, me and two friends usually duel by all three of us going at once. Does anyone have any tips for building a deck that could survive being double teamed at any moment?
Opponent 1 uses a 6 Sam/5D Starter Xsaber deck, Opponent B uses a Dragon deck that just keeps getting dragons out, or a burntastic fire deck.
Any and all thoughts would be welcome, I would just like to note that my card selection in quite random. 5000~ cards with only a few u/s/rares. (Though some normal copies of rare cards.)
- Well, I duel what we call a "3 For All" (pun on free for all) with my brothers. It's the same thing, but we just named it. Anyway, just build your deck as best you can with your strategy. I let them attack each other, unless one of them has something that I need to keep around for a bit. That's what I do when they have the upper hand. What happens is that they end up beating up on each other as they try to put themselves into top position, while I still have almost my entire arsenal to use. Then, when I do get the upper hand, I keep my moves even between the two of them, so that they can't build something up. That usually results in victory, being the most consistent and steady duelist. Remember that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". I'm not sure where I heard that, but remember that you also don't want to team up too much, or else you end up letting that "partner" get a surprise move on you. It's important that you know that everyone is facing a 2-on-1, so whoever can hold tight and strong usually wins while the other fade out. Messengerofthedark 01:53, 18 July 2009 (UTC)Messengerofthedark
- Hm... what rules do you use? Does Lightning Vortex affect both your opponents, for instance? Runer5h 01:57, 18 July 2009 (UTC)Runer5h
It depends on the card really.
Lightning Vortex would affect both opponents, but mystical space typhoon only works on one. We usually determine if the card does what, when it's played. --126.96.36.199 02:05, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm... you could do a lot of different things. In general, you'll probably need to protect against more attacks than usual, so I'd choose something with good swarming power, such as Six Samurai, X-Sabers (that first guy had a good idea), Blackwings, etc. Runer5h 02:07, 18 July 2009 (UTC)Runer5h
Random ideas by a random person
I think it would be fun (maybe not completely possible though....)o make a deck completely based on forcing your opponents to kill each other. (Call of the Earthbound, Patrician of Darkness, maybe Bait doll or other crap like that) I think it would be fun to build the deck in secret, then bring it out for your next "3 for all". Of course, you would have to incremaent (<--- my word of the day :D) other Zombie cards if you wanted it to revolve around Patrician. You could abuse Pyramid Turtle, Spirit reaper, and maybe throw in some Bone-Tower Mill. This is just a suggestion of course, but I think it could really be fun. --Akiza'sRose66 02:21, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
- That's a neat idea. And Zombies have the swarm I was mentioning... Runer5h 02:27, 18 July 2009 (UTC)Runer5h
- Be careful with that strategy though. Once they catch on, and it won't take long, they will do the aforementioned "team up", but it will be on purpose, and they will only go after each other once you aren't a threat. So you could become a big target. I would stick to the passive-aggressive dueling style, just make sure that you time things right and you'll be fine. Messengerofthedark 02:33, 18 July 2009 (UTC)Messengerofthedark
- Honestly, protect Patrician of Darkness and they won't be able to team up. And have a bunch of Calls of the Earthbound... maybe a Magical Arm Shield or two. Hey, that's a good deck idea - redirecting your opponent's stuff. (Spell of Pain, Fairy's Hand Mirror, Metalsilver Armor, etc.) Runer5h 02:44, 18 July 2009 (UTC)Runer5h
don't go with the patrician
i built the patrician of darkness deck. it was ultra fun for me in multi duels. not fun at all for my opponents. they hated it so much after a few duels of getting to do nothing that they flat out refused to duel against it. if u build that deck right it cannot lose in a multiway duel but you run the risk of not being able to duel at all. i would suggest a lockdown style deck( gravity bind, morphtronic bind, level limit area b) build either morphtronics or burn. morphtronics are cheap to build, nothing for the deck is above rare or common (except inferno reckless summon). also burn if you get all the cards ruled that they work for both players its ungodly. also deckout is fun and cheap to build. Lord eriee 11:19, 18 July 2009 (UTC)