|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Help → 2010 Crystal Beasts|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 3455 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
Okay now, when the September Lists came around and I saw that Heavy Storm was Banned, I gave out a cheer, because with it gone, my Crystal Beast Deck could really start working, and than with Dark Hole & Monster Reborn back, I knew that this deck would have some fun in this format. This is a Crystal Abundance OTK Deck. Everything here helps out with that. All the Crystal Cards keep them coming, United gives me some extra power when I don't quite have the Monsters to pull off the OTK, Jinzo's handy, Dark Hole helps me, and traps help out a little too, with Magical Hats and Crystal Release combo. So please R/F this beautiful deck. Please note which cards to take in/out. All criticism is gladly accepted...--BassNettoHikari2 (talk • contribs) 18:13, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Hmmm... Add one or two Dragon Queen of Tragic Endings, it's a pretty awesome card that can keep reviving and grant massive card advantage. You can probably drop Jinzo for it. Crystal Promise isn't really that great, replace it with 3 Reckless Greeds. United We Stand and Reload can be dropped for 2 Rare Values. I had a Crystal Beast deck before with 3 Reckless Greeds and 3 Rare Values, and adding those cards will make it pretty damn fast. Also you talked about Crystal Release but there isn't any in your deck. On one final note, Giant Trunade will hurt you more than Heavy Storm.--Skiesthelimit (talk • contribs) 18:52, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
Added the Releases, forgot to put them on there... Crystal Promise is pretty good actually, they've saved my Life a few times. I'll drop 1 Crystal Promise, United, Draining Shield, and Jinzo, to add in 1 Dragon Queen and 3 Greeds, I don't know how I feel about Rare Value... I do agree, it did need Draw Power. --BassNettoHikari2 (talk • contribs) 19:10, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
- One of the most important things in OTK decks (or really any deck) is to have EXACTLY 40 cards. That way, you can get your combos a whole lot faster. You can reach your Crystal Abundance quick before your opponent does anything. Also Having more than 40 cards make draw power basically useless such as Reckless Greed, Rare Value, Allure of Darkness, Destiny Draw.... So make sure to have exactly 40 cards. --Skiesthelimit (talk • contribs) 02:15, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
A 42 card deck is fine. There was a study done that shows the difference between your chances of drawing what you need with 40 vs. 42 cards is negligible at most. Lappyzard (talk • contribs) 19:48, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
well...if you want to use magical hats..why don't you use needle ceiling..to keep your monster since "needle ceiling " destroys Face up monsters..and if you flipped face down a Sapphire pegasus..you will have another crystal beast in your spell trap zone...and also Needle ceiling works well against X sabers/blackwing/Six samurais/Quickdrawplants etc.also i would take out the "cat and the eagle" ,since there is no more Rescue cats,and as you don't run "rainbow dragon" ,i would add 3 "Emeral tortoise"..hehehe yeah i am not joking, this monster has 2000 def also it has a crystal beats effect.Add up to have 3 "dragon queen of tragic endings", this is a great monster maybe more powerful than Hamon( even cheaper)...you can convine with your own masive destruction like needle ceiling ot torrential tribute...or after a well actived "crystal abundance" ...try to use...
- I run a crystal beast without hammon and with 2 "dweller in the depths"..and i have only 2 crystal releases in my deck...
Please sign you posts in the forums with 4 tidles (~) or press the sig button when editing... Tortoise will go up to 2(I know about him by the way, this deck has never had a Cat in here), as for Hamon, I actually own one already so his cost doesn't matter to me. Ceiling isn't a bad idea, I'll put it in for a Release. While Dweller is nice, I think I'll pass on him... I did run Rainbow Dragon at one point, but I never could get him out (gravity was also in here)...--BassNettoHikari2 (talk • contribs) 06:54, September 4, 2010 (UTC)
"Dragon queen of tragic endings" is a miracle for crystal beasts..he can special summon hei self from the graveyard...i can't see the point of don't run 3...would you cative "torrantial tribute"/"needle ceilig" while "hamon" is on the field..it is not bas runiing 3 releases..but i think you should take out that "united we stand" it is a bit ramdom..but..nice deck --126.96.36.199 (talk) 04:12, September 5, 2010 (UTC) Tomas Retamar /Bechi --188.8.131.52 (talk) 04:12, September 5, 2010 (UTC)....<---is it ok?
- Thank you for the compliment. Here's some logic on a couple of cards. I know Dragon Queen is great, a free Special Summon; the only problem I have with her is her attack. It really isn't very high, all she does for me is wall a little bit. Hamon however, has a much higher attack, enough to pretty much take anything down, and his abilities are great. The only thing this deck lacks is brute force, which is necessary, but it needs some type of beatstick, as everything is <2000. As for, United is semi-random, if I can't get out 5 for Abundance, it gives me the extra boost to OTK; and I'll equip it to a Mammoth to protect my beasts. CB's swarm like crazy, and it gives me an extra boost, and it's another card my opponent would rather MST than one of my beasts, as with a couple beasts out, attack goes up like crazy...--BassNettoHikari2 (talk • contribs) 17:29, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
maybe...the idea is make masive destruction and during your tunr you are allow to summon "dragon queee..."..but hamon has a very high power..sometimes your opponent can't get rid of him XD..what about mage power?--184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:12, September 6, 2010 (UTC)Bechi/ Tomas Retamar
Get at least 1 Kuraz the Light Monarch. I probably shouldn't have to tell you how useful he is in CBs. Also, you might want to try out Destiny Hero - Diamond Dude for some speed. Battlemaniac (talk • contribs) 18:27, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
My version of the deck:
I tried a Rainbow Dragon build and I just didn't really like it, I wanted to build it specifically for Abundance, and pretty much nothing else. Rainbow, while good, just didn't fit in as well, and with him gone, I could add in more cards, my previous version of this deck is here, although it was much messier, with EIs in there. Summoner Monk doesn't sound like a bad idea, that puts Monk and Kuraz on my want list for the deck. I just don't like Rare Value... As for Hamon, he's a Beatstick, and easier to Summon than Rainbow....BassNettoHikari2...Chat Page... 22:17, September 7, 2010 (UTC)
The deck is nice.For the monster i would use only a tortoise...what about "magical hats"...and they make thiner your deck..you could even draw your "rainbow dragons"...but i think i would work..your draws are..rare value..reckless and rainbow ruins...that's ok--220.127.116.11 (talk) 01:54, September 8, 2010 (UTC)Tomas/bechi
Ummm... The Deck still being R/F'd is the Crystal City 2010 list, not the Crystals Deck, that deck list was created so that I could see a different build, seeing as I have Magical Hats in there already...BassNettoHikari2...Chat Page... 06:34, September 8, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry for the 5 day bump, but I am trying out a slightly new build on this deck that seems to be working a bit better, and I would like to see what others think of it, here it is:
- You know what your deck has a lot of? Beasts. (9 in fact.) You know what Crystal Beasts like? Being destroyed.
- Say hello to Super Rush Recklessly. Use it to send one of your Crystal Beasts to the S/T zone, taking out your opponent's card. To make room for it, I'd take out a copy each of Needle Ceiling and Magical Hats. Seriously, what purpose do the Hats even SERVE? I can't thing of any spells or traps you want sent to the graveyard except for Crystal Release, and odds are you'll draw 1 of those before drawing the Hats. Runer5h (talk • contribs) 19:58, September 13, 2010 (UTC)Runer5h
- Hmm... well, what are some of the problems your deck has? Tell us that, and we can help with those problems. Also, how is Super Rush Recklessly working out for you? Runer5h (talk • contribs) 14:56, September 19, 2010 (UTC)Runer5h
- You don't need it, IMHO. 20:09, October 5, 2010 (UTC)Runer5h
i tried inserting lightsworn cards and it sucks <colourman>
Whhhaatttt!!?! I've never even thought of that, and I'd never do that, this is a pure CB Build (save the one Monarch and Dragon Queen. Where did this come from?...BassNettoHikari2...Chat Page... 14:24, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
ok, you are scaring me n at the same time hurts. <colourman>
I've never actually tried it, because I test it on Yugioh 2010 (I wish they could use DLC for newer packs), but I can imagine it would work pretty good...BassNettoHikari2...Chat Page... 17:25, October 8, 2010 (UTC)