|Forums:||Index → General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion → (Belated) Yu-Gi-Oh! Day! Tournament 2014|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2213 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
Last year, we hosted a Yu-Gi-Oh! Day! tournament and it was a great success. Everything ran out smoothly with Elvin Kara running out a winner - (See http://challonge.com/yugiohday for last year’s results).
Naturally, Yu-Gi-Oh! Day! appeared to take place back in January of this year so we’re a little late. Of course, it’s Yu-Gi-Oh! Day every day on the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki!
The tournament will once again take place on http://www.duelingnetwork.com and will commence on the weekend of the 21st and 22nd June. Duels will take place over those 2 days. Times will not be set so we're very flexible!
- Decks must…
- Be Advanced Format legal
- Be non-Meta
- Be concurrent with the April 2014 ban list
- Use a special banlist, in addition to the regular TCG list. (Click here for the banlist)
- This is a special list we’ve put together, to not only ban cards that are unfair, but to also allow some of the cards we feel are wrongfully banned - to make duels fun!
- Duels must…
- Be Best-2-out-of-3
- Have a start life-point count of 8000
- Have a spectator
- Use the TCG Rulings
- BE FUN
- NOT BE TOO SERIOUS – SERIOUS GLOATING MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION :D
- Duels will take place on Dueling Network.
- If a player has to leave in the middle of a duel, he must complete the duel within the 2 days the tournament is running. If this is not done, then a disqualification will be issued
- Decks may be switched between matches
- Siding is permitted
- Generally use the proper etiquette of duelling.
Excuse the strictness with deck types, but we really wanted to emphasise that this event should not be taken too seriously. Fun and enjoyment should be the goals of the event. Be creative with your decks! We're excited to see what you can come up with! :)
We aren't going to inspect every deck before each duel, so we're relying on honesty please. :)
In terms of any prizes: enjoyment and fun is the key.
Post your username below here
It will be a very relaxed atmosphere whereby duelists basically have their first round duel when they're ready. Please be aware, duels must finish on the Saturday or Sunday. You will be contacted on your Talk Page if when your duel is up.
If you can, it would be best to meet in this wiki's Chatroom as this will be where a lot of the contestants will be. We won't expect you to be there at the crack of dawn so don't panic; we'll contact you via your talk page when required. :)
Congrats Elvin! You defended your title you won last year! :D